Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm really happy that everyone hates Elon Musk now, but it's hilarious that the tipping point was when he stole everyone's goth waifu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm really happy that everyone hates Elon Musk now, but it's hilarious that the tipping point was when he stole everyone's goth waifu

I still don't know who Grimes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think it was more that he bragged about labor violations on twitter and everyones just embarrassed for grimes when she stanned for him, beyond ya know...dating him in the first place

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I still don't know who Grimes.

She's a popular musician.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I thought it had more to do with the fact that his response to his company doing bad was to just go crazy and try to fight the media and make a website where you can rate journalists on their credibility.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ah, explains why I've never heard of her before recently.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

I thought it had more to do with the fact that his response to his company doing bad was to just go crazy and try to fight the media and make a website where you can rate journalists on their credibility.

He's always been a massive fraud, Tesla has never been able to manufacture cars anywhere near the promised volume and has consistently lost money almost every quarter. His family made his fortune from blood diamonds. His insane vacuum subway system has always been regarded as a mind-boggling terrible scheme by anyone who knows anything about public transit or urban planning. All of that has been widely available information. But still people generally thought he was some kinda disruptive genius who was gonna have us all driving electric cars to Mars and make Pickle Rick real.

But then he started dating Grimes and everybody realizes that Musk is terrible.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I literally have no idea who you're talking about. I'm mostly mad because he's always been a tech bro who made money by abusing PayPal users. But I thought the reason poo poo was going down about him going crazy the media. Who the hell cares about some musician?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

"Popular"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My default perspective has always been to want people from silicon valley to drop dead.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Man is this literally just the "the critics and the children and the hipsters and the Billboard charts and the Annaul Awards who are wrong not me, who still believes that deep down Superior Foes of Spider-Man is a most lasting and well-known piece of art than this Zadie Smith bitch" week or something?

Let's all just focus on making GBS threads on Elon Musk, which is even more on-topic since he probably thinks he's Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne or John Galt or something.

Musk appeared in Iron Man 2, Grimes did a WicDiv variant cover. This is all on topic but Grimes hitched her wagon to a better product at least.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 27, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

You know, when you think about it, the 90s were pretty close to how things turned out in the future. You know, if you only count how corporations rule the world.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been making GBS threads on Ol Musky for awhile, and I'm glad the rest of the world is starting to catch up.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I love watching Musk pick dumb fights with experts on Twitter and look like a loving idiot.

Edge & Christian posted:

Musk appeared in Iron Man 2, Grimes did a WicDiv variant cover. This is all on topic but Grimes hitched her wagon to a better product at least.

I rewatched Iron Man 2 a few weeks ago and it was weird to see him pop up there because I didn't think he was that famous at that point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I love watching Musk pick dumb fights with experts on Twitter and look like a loving idiot.

I rewatched Iron Man 2 a few weeks ago and it was weird to see him pop up there because I didn't think he was that famous at that point.

Didn't he suggest that Tony Stark should have driven a Tesla in IM2?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wait, Musk is getting into Twitter fights? I got the vibe in recent months that this man lives off of everyone thinking he's a genius. When he couldn't handle his investors and ran to a sycophant publicly, it really made it clear how fragile he is. I don't know what he expects going to happen to all of that after this public display of stupidity and childishness.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hes been having a slow public meltdown on twitter since the media has been rightly covering tesla cars complete lack of safety, consumer reports came out blasting whatever the "consumer" price car is a week or two ago, and after he admitted to forcing employees to give up stock options if they want to unionize he's been in their crosshairs

notice none of this has anything to do with grimes

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

site posted:

hes been having a slow public meltdown on twitter since the media has been rightly covering tesla cars complete lack of safety, consumer reports came out blasting whatever the "consumer" price car is a week or two ago, and after he admitted to forcing employees to give up stock options if they want to unionize he's been in their crosshairs

If anything, there's a non-zero chance he's getting it at home too because she went "He's good on unions, y'all!" a few hours before he publicly engaged in union-busting.

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

I heard about him running from his investors and attacking the media, but I did not hear about him forcing his employees to lose stock options if they try to unionize. The guys a real piece of work, it seems.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I forgot to mention it was after the consumer reports fail rating that musk started floating the idea of his rate-the-journalist thing

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Covok posted:

Wait, Musk is getting into Twitter fights?
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/941500121564332032

The person he's talking to is a public transport expert, while Musk thinks that public transport is full of murderers and his main tunnel project is literally designed around his commute.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/999579712484790272
The person he's talking to works in nanotech and does a lot of science communication / outreach here in Australia.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Julian_Epp/status/1000598745388584960

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Just come out and say the Jews elon, this is the age of trump

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But say it with an evil German accent.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Elon Musk has the name of a Star Wars character.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a hot new cologne developed by top researchers at a private former-Christian university in North Carolina

Elon Musk.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Elon Musk is, like Donald Trump, a Wharton boy. My partner used to work in academic administration and was briefly working at Wharton, the most agonizing job she ever had, just a boot camp for vampires as portrayed by Udo Kier.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Archyduke posted:

Elon Musk is, like Donald Trump, a Wharton boy. My partner used to work in academic administration and was briefly working at Wharton, the most agonizing job she ever had, just a boot camp for vampires as portrayed by Udo Kier.

i fear you may have missed my joke, son

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bought some new old books today.

e: this book is fantastic. Treasure chest appears to be Catholic Church approved and it turns out they support labour. It has footnotes. .

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 27, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i saw on previewsworld that someone put out a comic adaptation of the communist manifesto this last week and im sorta tempted to check it out just to see if its hilariously bad

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

if its hilariously bad

If? Come on now. We already know.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

X-O posted:

If? Come on now. We already know.

I dunno, the original starts off with a spooky ghost story. I bet that could translate well if you had the right artist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

i saw on previewsworld that someone put out a comic adaptation of the communist manifesto this last week and im sorta tempted to check it out just to see if its hilariously bad

Why would you need to read that when you can read Breaking Free.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
what's that

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

what's that

A revolutionary work of fiction.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/sciencequiche/status/1000793373303717888

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I need that. I would wear it every day.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I need that. I would wear it every day.

That's how I feel about the Venom mozzarella.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

That's how I feel about the Venom mozzarella.

I don't think you can wear that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well you probably can. But that would be really weird.

• Locked thread