Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just got off the phone with the Hellboy Hellwater people. They're dropping off some bottles, posters and other promotional stuff so we can do a tasting tomorrow.

Like every year, I'll be dressed as smiling Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Cross posting since you guys might appreciate this

My Jack Kirby sleeve’s all finished

Now it's time to begin with Darkseid and Orion on the other arm.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Any good FCBD tales/photos?

They didn't stock the Fantagraphics one at my shop :(

I'm glad you asked!

Usually my crappy Batman or the Detroit Ghostbusters are the highlights of Free Comic Book Day, but the Infinity Gauntlet I borrowed from a local tattoo shop stole the show. Hawkguy is also a DJ at a local rock station, so we got a free shout out on the radio. Hellwater was dropped off by the owner of the company along with a poster.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Pretty great, actually. Goes down smooth, and gives you a good buzz. I’m not a fan of cinammon anything, but I didn’t have any trouble with it. They’re waiting for approval on the next bottle. Mignola does the art, then they do the logo treatment, and then it’s back to Dark Horse for final approval. Supposedly, they’re also working on a Sin City whiskey.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think I'm gonna get massively into the Grimm Fairy Tale comics

Toxx this man! Toxx him straight to hell!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My pizza overcame great fear, and was really good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

It's the anniversary of Darwyn Cooke's death and today we've lost the real Lois Lane, Margot Kidder.

Hope y'all weren't having good days or anything.

And both were supposed to be at Motor City Comic Con the week they died. Darwyn was the day of. I had New Frontier in my bag, on the way to the con when I found out.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Two of my favorites were talking New 52 Suicide Squad with John Ostrander, and Dave Gibbons being the nicest dude ever.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

No no no no, you don't get to leave it there.

There was a lot of "It's not my version of the character. They're free to do what they want." He didn't seem happy, but he was cool about it.

My favorite interaction was with Brian Azzarello at C2E2, but that was at the hotel bar, so I don't know if that counts.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Had one of my best creator encounters today while setting up for Motor City Comic Con.

Neal Adams caught me looking at a Bucky O’Hare print, and he started singing the theme song. We talked about all things Bucky O’Hare for a while, and I eventually mentioned the Green Lantern pizzeria. After a few jokes, I negotiated an autograph for a pizza. So, tomorrow, I owe Neal Adams a pizza.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I now have a pizza box signed by Neal Adams, and I sold some Disney toys to Katie Cook. Everybody has been great so far.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Random Stranger's real name is Ditkovitch. Sorry for doxxing you.

I hung out with a Steve Rogers. Didn't know about Captain America until he was like 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

site posted:

Was he buff as hell

Kind of? Wasn't blonde, so he wasn't aryan enough to be Captain America.

• Locked thread