Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks for the link. Guess I'll make the rounds to see if any of my local shops have the new Street Angel story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

I think my first Ramones might have been watching the video for the song they did for the movie Pet Sematary. I believe the chorus goes “I don’t wanna be buried/In a pet sematary”.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

So it's tragic that he doesn't want to live it again, and that register isn't what I normally associate with the Ramones.

They weren't a happy bunch of people by 1989. They hated each other's guts, but were forced to stick together to make a living, and their attempt at gaining mass popularity had fizzled, so they were out on the road grinding out a living playing for their fans, putting out albums that weren't selling well, and stuck writing a tie-in song for a low budget horror movie. Dee Dee hated being a Ramone so much he quit years before the band retired, and had drug problems that resulted in his early death. Joey hated Johnny for stealing and marrying his girlfriend, and Johnny was apparently a really unpleasant conservative who was in it for the cash and kind of forced the others to keep going after the spark had gone out. There's a good documentary about them called End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones that goes into all of the behind the scenes drama, also Phil Spector holding them hostage at his house at gunpoint while they were recording the album that they were hoping would be their breakout hit, End of the Century.

• Locked thread