Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Rucka (and Brad Meltzer) were prose authors who moved into comics. Is that more or less common than the other direction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Having started some time ago and fallen off, I decided to go back to my read-through of the New Teen Titans from the 80s. The only difference is that between now and then I saw the Teen Titans Go! episode where they decide to get serious and it makes the overwrought internal narration even funnier.

For example, there's one bit in the Outsiders crossover where they fight the Fearsome Five where Halo is saying, "And this is my room, Raven! Isn't it cool!" and Raven says something like, "Like you, it is bright and happy," while her thought bubble is, "Two qualities that my father, the evil demon TRIGON THE TERRIBLE, has always denied me!"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Stan Lee is suing Pow! Entertainment for $1 billion for fraudulently coercing him to sign a sales agreement while he was in fragile health.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CapnAndy posted:

From what I remember that was all Perez, who decided on his own that he was going to get every last Avenger or JLAer in, and every single one of their costumes at least once, because he knew he'd never get another chance at this and also he's insane enough to think it was possible in the first place.

Didn't he hurt his hand doing the cover to JLA/Avengers #3?

This one:

(I think my favourite bit is Blue Beetle hanging off Machine Man.)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If it had just come out a couple of years later they could've included a scene where Sentry's fighting Triumph.

• Locked thread