Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

It's the biggest movie of the year/all time.
It's lagging Force Awakens though, I dunno if it can take the All Time title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

Counterpoint: Star Wars sucks.
Counter-counterpoint: It is, in fact, you that sucks, and your face is dumb.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT
Oh no! Defeated by my own rightness!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

My plan for the coming corporate dystopia is to just pledge to Disney early on and hope that gets me a somewhat cushy position, so it is in fact indirectly good for me if they get richer.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

scoot thakarszi is comics' greatest hero.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Roth posted:

I spent a full minute trying to think of how Sim City might have made you so angry
You can't cut back on ice cubes! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

10" is fine. Single pages are perfectly readable - they're like 80% the size of a physical comic - and double pages are generally okay provided the tablet as a remotely modern resolution (at least 1080p), but occasionally need some zooming. Bigger is better for comics, but as much as I like my iPad Pro Huge Edition, I find it to be too big for most everything else and have a hard time recommending it as a result.
Is the 12.9 inch at all comfortable to hold? I have a 9.7 that I'm using right now and I'm leery of the 12.9s because I'm used to the smaller ones and I'm worried it won't be comfortable to hold up with one hand when I'm reading in bed.

9.7/10.5 is plenty for comics, by the way, I've had no troubles.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Covok posted:

I heard some phone makers got in trouble for deliberately releasing software that slows down older machines. I think it was apple. Worth looking into.
It was Apple and the truth is more complex. App development targets the newest hardware and over time, as your phone gets further and further away from that level of processor speed, it draws more and more power to keep up -- using silly, simplified numbers to explain that, if an app needs 40 calculations done every second, your phone can do 50 calculations per second, and the newest phone can do 100, your phone is drawing twice the power to do the same task. In an effort to conserve battery life, Apple put in a thing that'd notice phones doing that past a certain threshold and go "look just limit yourself to a certain power drain level and slow the program down if you need to". It got bad press because they did it in secret and intentionally slowing performance down is never a good look.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Unless a celeb is actively posting video or doing live events it's likely their assistant is doing the posting for them. Stephen Amell is one of the few celebs that handles all his own social media and I actually believe it.
Stephen King spends way too much time posting pictures of his pet corgi for it to be anyone else.

The Stan Lee poo poo just keeps getting weirder and weirder, though.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

A Strange Aeon posted:

I did really like new Archie--is Chip's Jughead equivalently good?
More funny, less drama. Definitely good.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The one downside to going digital is lack of things to sign.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

Two of my favorites were talking New 52 Suicide Squad with John Ostrander
No no no no, you don't get to leave it there.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

site posted:

I would've gone bananas trying to keep track of all the characters and outfits appearing during the fights of jla/avengers 4, so kudos to busiek and Perez
From what I remember that was all Perez, who decided on his own that he was going to get every last Avenger or JLAer in, and every single one of their costumes at least once, because he knew he'd never get another chance at this and also he's insane enough to think it was possible in the first place.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Wasn't The Leftovers pretty good?
I bailed after four episodes because watching it felt like I was having a conversation with the show that was going like this:

The Leftovers: People disappeared! Nobody knows why!
Me: Great, so what happens next?
The Leftovers: No answers will ever be provided for why they disappeared!
Me: Okay so like, are the events you're showing me important, or...?
The Leftovers: Not all things can be known! You'll just have to deal with that!
Me: Right, but like... you've heard the saying about how stories should start as close to the end as possible, right? So if a portion of the world disappearing and all the immediate fallout from that event are just the background events, what happens now is going to be even more interesting than that, right? You didn't take that saying too far and start the story after it ended, did you? Just... I just need something to happen, or I need you to show me that something is going to happen, or... loving meet me halfway, here.
The Leftovers: It's like a metaphor for death and the human condition! Life doesn't always have answers!
Me: Right, I'm out.

The A.V. Club loved the show, but even from the gushing reviews I never got the impression that the show had stopped doing end-zone dances on the 20 yard line over how goddamn clever it was.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah weird how when people outside the beltway got to consume a play that’s literally a neoliberal whitewashing of a monster of a human being they didn’t like it.
No, Jefferson doesn't come off that great.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Maltose posted:

I mean, it’s true Hamilton didn’t own slaves, mostly because he was too busy selling slaves for other people.
Dude that's not really a sustainable bar for "not a monster" when applied to wealthy politicians of the eighteenth century. At least Jefferson was also a raping hypocritical fuckstick who invented the smear campaign and died broke because he thought actually paying for poo poo was something that happened to the common folk and not a gentleman like himself.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

X-O posted:

You post a followup saying your last tweet was hacked.
It was ambien okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Do I need to be reading Lockjaw? I love everything about this page. https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-cant-stop-doing-weird-crossovers-with-the-dc-uni-1826484337

• Locked thread