Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Gavok posted:

Sometimes I miss having the Ruin the Moment thread.

That's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Jordan7hm posted:

The direct market doesn’t seem like the biggest avenue for book sales though. Amazon and the more traditional booksellers do pretty good with trades and OGNs. Not sure how valuable that diamond info is in that context.

I know I only buy trades at my shop if my kid really wants something right now or if my shop is clearing stock (5 dollar trades heck yes). Otherwise I go online or to an actual book store usually.

Yeah, I buy a lot of my TPBs off Amazon and B&N, and I think people who are less "comics people" probably never set foot in a comic store for that stuff.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Thanks for that. Looking at the 2016 sales, USBUTMU doesn't show up at all in the top 750, which bottoms out at 4,053 copies sold (granted, these are yearly sales, and it came out in November, but it's not on the 2017 list, either). USG vols. 1 and 2 show up, selling 8,060 and 5,071 copies, respectively.

Now, we can't really predict how readers would respond in terms of sales if, tomorrow, Marvel said "NO MORE MONTHLY COMICS ONLY COMPLETE GRAPHIC NOVELS," but it sure doesn't look like it would be particularly positively.

Does anyone know what digital sales are like? I'm genuinely curious.

• Locked thread