Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm wondering what the linked actions on the interceptor are gonna be like- will boost+BR be a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Panzeh posted:

I'm wondering what the linked actions on the interceptor are gonna be like- will boost+BR be a thing?

I would not be surprised to see both Barrel Roll -> Red Boost and Boost -> Red Barrel Roll on that dial. I can also see Interceptors having a ship special rule where they can make any action on their Action Bar a linked action. Interceptors with PTL was never the crux of the issue with any part of the meta.

EDIT: also I really want to point out the Tactical Officer upgrade, which changes the Decimator's Coordinate from a red action to a white action. That kind of precedent (locking/unlocking actions) sounds awesome as a design space.

Imagine a ship upgrade that makes (for example) your native reposition a red action, but gives you focus -> red target lock or vice versa? Or one that makes (potentially) an evade action red, but a linked action like the X-wing's focus -> red boost into just focus -> boost. I like the design space a lot.

Maybe one day we'll even get blue actions. :allears:

Strobe fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 2, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'm guessing that like the Fang Fighter, the Interceptor will make use of the Afterburner upgrade for its boost broll shenanigans.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, a lot of this will be contingent on what the new ships will look like, dial and upgrade-wise.

You know, I'm a little surprised they never errata'd Corran to receive a Weapons Disabled token when he double taps.

It wouldnt do anything because weapons disabled tokens go away at the end of the round.

My hope is that the E-wing 2.0 isnt a total pile of poo poo

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
All the cards are full size? Man, and I just bought a full box of 16-pocket binder pages. Like, yesterday.

I am so hype for this release. I’ve been wanting X-Wing 2.0 for a while now. Interceptors away!

I’ll be preordering a core set, Imp and Rebel conversion kits, two TIEs, an Adv or two, probably two T-65s and two Y-wings. Maybe three.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Is there a new Super EPT slot. On the TIE Adv. Threat card Vader has Supernatural Reflexes with a different icon. Maybe Force pilots only?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Some local players are already talking about splitting costs of the upgrade kits, almost everyone is excited about the changes.

Good thing I focused on Rebels and Imperial... I may also get a Scum kit to exchange stuff for my repeated Rebel and Imperial ships :fap:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The conversion kits don't have enough cardboard to run full squads of generics or whatever. Only 3 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 2 X-wing, etc. Some people are mad about that, and its understandable; do we know for sure that 3-4+ of the same ship, as generics or uniques, is even going to be something we'll want to run? We've barely seen anything from 2.0 yet, it could end up being that we'll have no reason to run that many of the same ship besides nostalgia.

Or they want everyone to buy 2 kits for each faction. :shrug:

EDIT: "When another friendly ship at range 0-1 defends, before the Neutralize Results step, if you are in the attack arc, you may suffer 1 hit or crit damage to cancel 1 matching result."

Biggs unnerfed. I cannot wait to see some of these pilot and upgrade abilities. I hope the app gets released sooner rather than later, even if we can't use it yet.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 2, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The conversion kits don't have enough cardboard to run full squads of generics or whatever. Only 3 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 2 X-wing, etc.
Well it's likely that beyond Wave 1, the Awing and Bwing expansions will include brand new or updated cards that aren't in the conversion kits, making completionists buy a new one anyway.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am really looking forward to having a wide open meta. Wonder how that is going to affect Nationals this year. Aussie nats is usually Sept/Oct and Regionals comes up quick after that.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
loving hell, Boba Fett with Veteran Tail gunner is gonna be a beast

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

So, the X-Wing dev team (2.5 people?) created brand new pilot, ship and upgrade abilities for let's say 30-50% of all currently existing cards. How did they playtest a game that basically has 5 or 6 waves worth of fresh content?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
They could do an amount. Thing is, they had identified several problematic elements and worked to curtail them. Their pressure release valve is now the app holding all the build points so they can recost stuff on the fly, something busted can just have its points jacked up. It’s an elegant system, similar to rebalancing in an online game.

I do LOL at the people freaking out over the cost, they have clearly never been involved in an edition change before. If you play only a single faction you’re paying basically 75 dollars for the new edition. That’s equivalent cost to a new RPG or Wargame core book. Don’t even try to compare it to changing editions in a CCG.
It’s a lot more expensive if you play 3 factions, but I imagine the majority of the player base plays 1 and if you want all three you can just space it out.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The main question I want to be answered is if the new Fang fighter has spinning wings.

Scum Fenn Rau being relevant again makes me so happy.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

HidaO-Win posted:

It’s a lot more expensive if you play 3 factions, but I imagine the majority of the player base plays 1 and if you want all three you can just space it out.

Based off what? Ffg's whole model has been designed around getting you to buy every faction.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I am quite surprised so many people in here are defending the price so passionately. It's expensive for some cardboard and arguments like "Well I only play 1 faction" or "__ is more expensive" are pretty poor. Along with a price increase on ships and I assume Wave 2 will have new cards not in the conversion kits?

Personally I'll probably just start with the core set and one conversion kit and see how it goes. A lot of the changes are things we've wanted for a long time and its reminding me of x-wing in the early days before it got overran with turrets and dumb poo poo.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Yesss, hoping there's points to squeeze in a generic Fang alongside boba and fenn.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

lofi posted:

Based off what? Ffg's whole model has been designed around getting you to buy every faction.

They said that every upgrade card will appear in every faction so you won't need to buy a Star Viper that sits on your shelf forever just to have a piece of paper that says "Autothrusters", there will be rebel and imperial ships that have it too. You'll be able to own every upgrade just by buying ships of one faction.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

As a brit-goon it's worse, because conversion rate for hobby-stuff is usually 'price in $ minus 5-10'. As an example, FLGS has starter boxes for £33, compared to $39 for 2.0 starter on FFG. I'd be stunned if we see those conversion boxes for under £40.

e:

JerikTelorian posted:

They said that every upgrade card will appear in every faction so you won't need to buy a Star Viper that sits on your shelf forever just to have a piece of paper that says "Autothrusters", there will be rebel and imperial ships that have it too. You'll be able to own every upgrade just by buying ships of one faction.

For 2.0, sure. But the stuff people have been buying, that they'll need the conversion kits for, is cross-faction.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
What do you mean there's now a SUPER Nintendo?!?! My regular Nintendo is now worthless and I've spent $100s on games not compatible with this new system!!! I'm out!

-Nova Squadron

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

JerikTelorian posted:

Is this for ships that we already own? Because if so then it's pretty much the same thing lol.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

CODChimera posted:

I am quite surprised so many people in here are defending the price so passionately. It's expensive for some cardboard and arguments like "Well I only play 1 faction" or "__ is more expensive" are pretty poor.
My argument is that without Xwing 2, 80% of my collection (including the ships I like most and most want to fly) continues to sit in a box or folder unused and unusable in near future. Until, like the T-65 or Defender or Starviper for example, the purchase of a $40 box just to fix a single ship or two at a time.

$50 to bring dozens of my ships up to scratch at once is a steal.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

No, it isn't. FFG are clearly planning a major profit on this, there's no need to lick their balls for deigning to sell you a fix for the game.

Sure, the game needed fixing, and sure there are more exploitative ways they could have done it, but let's not pretend they're doing us a favour.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
For rebels, the sum total of ships I own is the t-65 that came with the core, and the original Falcon. Seems to me that buying the rebel conversion kit still cheaper than buying a new Falcon, and probably comes with a bunch of cards usable elsewhere.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

lofi posted:

No, it isn't. FFG are clearly planning a major profit on this, there's no need to lick their balls for deigning to sell you a fix for the game.

Sure, the game needed fixing, and sure there are more exploitative ways they could have done it, but let's not pretend they're doing us a favour.

No idea how much you actually play. As someone who owns everything and plays every single week and at every tournament I can get to this is awesome. So many of my ships will be relevant again and with them being able to change point values and upgrades on the fly with the app they will be able to keep it that way.

They way they are doing it is so much better than what GW does.

enigmahfc posted:

What do you mean there's now a SUPER Nintendo?!?! My regular Nintendo is now worthless and I've spent $100s on games not compatible with this new system!!! I'm out!

-Nova Squadron

I learned a while ago to not follow Nova Squadron pages. They are honestly worse than Reddit and possibly the FFG forums.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Waiting to see how the Interceptor turns out

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Raged posted:

The main question I want to be answered is if the new Fang fighter has spinning wings.

They said at the event that the Fang has spinning wings.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Loving the changes to Regionals. Not limiting it to one per state/region. If a store has the space they can have one. Hello, Bathurst Regional!!! My FLGS owners are going to be so happy. World's moving to October and it will be the only game played that weekend.

This keeps getting better and better

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

lofi posted:

:jerkbag:

Pretty sure everyone here realises that FFG isn't a charity organisation, sport. The pricing model is a straight up improvement over their rebel aces, veterans, guns for hire ship fix model.

People are pleased because the whole announcement is pretty much the best case scenario that has been spitballed around about Xwing 2.0.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

hoiyes posted:

My argument is that without Xwing 2, 80% of my collection (including the ships I like most and most want to fly) continues to sit in a box or folder unused and unusable in near future. Until, like the T-65 or Defender or Starviper for example, the purchase of a $40 box just to fix a single ship or two at a time.

$50 to bring dozens of my ships up to scratch at once is a steal.

There is no guarantee anywhere that any ship, once converted, will be useful

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
X-wing has been on a downward trajectory for a while and needed a reboot like this in order to have a healthy competitive game. If you don't want to spend money to play ships you already own then don't. X-wing 1.0 won't suddenly disappear, you can still organise to play casually with friends, but if you want to play competitively then this is the best thing that they could do for the game. I don't trust FFG to create a balanced game from day 1 especially since they are releasing so much new content all at the same time but as long as they use the app to aggressively re-cost things the game will actually have a chance to thrive.

You should also think consider how much money you have already spent on this game, then think about how often you actually put certain ships on the table. The fact is that in the current state of the game 80+% of the ships I own are unflyable garbage in a competitive sense. If FFG use data from tournaments to adjust ship costs then I may one day actually be able to get my TIE Punishers to the table without feeling like I'm hamstringing myself and for that reason alone I'm willing to give this a shot.

e:

alg posted:

There is no guarantee anywhere that any ship, once converted, will be useful

Not on day 1, but that's why the app is such a big step forward. If something is under or over costed it can be pretty easily remedied. Not everything will be tier 1 or perfectly balanced, but given time everything should at least be viable.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

hoiyes posted:

Pretty sure everyone here realises that FFG isn't a charity organisation, sport. The pricing model is a straight up improvement over their rebel aces, veterans, guns for hire ship fix

[quote="hoiyes" post="483709314"]

The pricing model is a straight up improvement over their rebel aces, veterans, guns for hire ship fix model.

Oh god this. Two weeks ago, I bought GfH and Imp Vets....to make a Star Wing build. That’s not right. I’d be way happier buying two conv kits to be able to field pretty much any legal list than I was buying one scum box for two drat cards.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
So many salty sales going FFG buy swap sell pages. Not anyone I have ever seen at tournaments.

Quite a few newer players are swooping in and getting cheap rear end collections.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Interesting rule change I just noticed while watching previews: If you declare an action, and that action is illegal, then the action just fizzles and you don't get to change. So if you declare a coordinate, but you have no allies in range 2, then you just lose the action :v:

I guess this means no more free range checks with target lock.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

LanceKing2200 posted:

Interesting rule change I just noticed while watching previews: If you declare an action, and that action is illegal, then the action just fizzles and you don't get to change. So if you declare a coordinate, but you have no allies in range 2, then you just lose the action :v:

This is really really good and hopefully not just a mistake they made

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Barrel rolls are straight side to side now, no forward or back. Are there markers on the cardboard, or something else?

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Are the dice changing? That would bother me the most since FFG charges over a dollar per die which is obscene.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Barrel rolls are straight side to side now, no forward or back. Are there markers on the cardboard, or something else?

I believe there is a midline marker on the template now that you can line up with the center of the ship.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Raged posted:

I learned a while ago to not follow Nova Squadron pages. They are honestly worse than Reddit and possibly the FFG forums.

I don't read either of those but I do check the reddit every now and then and what's wrong with it? People seemed pretty happy with 2.0 from what I saw.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

LanceKing2200 posted:

This will gently caress over some of the 'tryhard' players in my area, who always measure for target lock when its clearly outside of range, and then just hold the range ruler there for like 10 seconds.

lofi posted:

What a minute; FFG wants to make a PROFIT?!?!? gently caress them forever then! Burn it all down!.

Also, LOL.

Raged posted:

I read it because my heart is powered by nerd tears. I'm a dime store Tony Stark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
We've already started arranging ship swaps here. "Hey, I've got these scum ships from Guns For Hire that I'll never use, and you've got that Tie Adv Prototype you bought for Guidance Chips or whatever, but you'll never use. Lets trade the plastic, and then you'll get more value out of your Scum conversion kit, and I'll get more value out of my Imp conversion kit. I mean, might as well throw in the pilot cards and uniques like titles, just for fun, but that's just gravy."