Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
It was fun being at FFG for this today, but boy are the non-Xwing people upset. Heard a couple of guys who changed something (hotel, airfare, ?) just to make this because it was billed as a Star Wars PR event, and they play Destiny. Oh well.

I think they turned the stream off after the stream questions ended. Here are a few other things that were said:
  • They said you can use your old templates, but there's something special about the new 1 straight as it pertains to barrel rolls.
  • Frank said language and style guide for consistent terminology is a top priority now, across all localized languages.
  • Threat levels are only for Quick Build plays, not main Organized Play events.
  • Turrets work differently depending on the ship. Some are two opposite sided arcs (Falcon), some are single arc (HWK). Let's them mess around with the design space as we go forward.

Also they gave out the new X-Wing pack for attending the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Raged posted:

The main question I want to be answered is if the new Fang fighter has spinning wings.

Scum Fenn Rau being relevant again makes me so happy.

They said at the event that the Fang has spinning wings.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

The Deleter posted:

So some of the pilot cards have extra upgrades attached to them, like Darth Vader has the Advanced Targeting Computer now. How does that work? Do those pilots just have those now? That's literally the only part of 2.0 that's confused me :shobon:

Those seem to be built in to all pilots of a specific ship. Maarek Stele in the TIE Advanced also had the new version of ATC.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Went 4-2 in day 1B of Worlds, good enough to qualify for day 2. The alt art Fenn Rau and Zealous Recruit cards are First Edition on one side, and Second Edition on the other side.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Raged posted:

Congrats. Is it Ghost/Fenn at dang near every table?

I counted around 20 Ghost/Fenns at 1B (out of ~140 players). I was one of them. My first and fifth games of the day were mirror matches. At the start of the day, the guy to my left was playing Ghost/Fenn too. Guy to my right was playing Ghost/Fenn. Guy next to him was as well. We all just kind of laughed at the state of things.

I got to play against Paul Johnson, the New Zealander that won the Australian National Championship. He was running Miranda, Low, Jess. I managed to kill Low and Jess in a single turn, but I had already lost by that point. Still a fun game and he seemed like a really enjoyable dude. Later I played against Ben Lee, a former UK National Champion, playing Yorr, QD, Inq. This is the 2nd time I've played against Ben at a Worlds, and I've been lucky enough both times to get the win. I also played against Borja Ortuño, the Spanish National Champion. He also brought Ghost Fenn. I won initiative in both of my mirror matches, which was why I won both of them.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Raged posted:

Any rumours when Saw's Renegades is going to be released?

All we know for now is that it won't be out in time for Euros (2.5 weeks away). I'd guess not too long after that though.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Do we know what the game considers "evading"? The updated old Millennium Falcon title adds an evade action plus this text:

quote:

While you defend, if you are evading, you may reroll 1 defense die.
So defending and evading are different.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

StuG Jeebus posted:

How do you tell which upgrades a ship can take?

Restrictions for the upgrade are on the card. Available slots for ships will be in the app.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Bistromatic posted:

What i gathered from the stream is that any time you have an evade token you are evading.

I should really watch the stream before asking more questions.

Speaking of, the Ghost and Phantom titles seem to read that you can dock mid-match.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
To those of you selling or consolidating your collection, are you just selling ships or are you selling the cardboard, pilot cards, and upgrades as well? Is there a general consensus about how much to charge for ship-only sales vs ship + cardboard + cards?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
FFG sent me a Ghost when the male end of the peg snapped off in the female end attached to the ship. I was really impressed.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Well they ask for pictures, and I would guess they watch for repeats for people trying to abuse the system. Wade (FFG OP guy) told me to do it, so I felt pretty fine about it, but yes I technically have 2 working Ghosts now after fixing my busted one with the hot metal wire like Iceclaw suggested.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I don't know how you can call that title a demotion.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

I was worried too but remember we don’t know point costs yet. Also, the benefit of how evade dice and evades work will hurt the larger ships.

Speaking of hurting larger ships, the bulls-eye arc abilities all trigger easier against large (and medium to some extent) bases.

And as it's already been stated, we don't know if the YT2400 has a Gunner slot, or even a Crew slot for that matter. Or if it does have a Gunner slot, it could be removed if Dash is too good.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Reaper and Saw's dated for June 21. https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Also they are coming out this Thursday.

Edit: Saw's and the Reaper.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Yeah that new Y-Wing pilot (Evaan) from the article isn't in the conversion kit's list of components, but it's in the conversion kit in the separate 2.0 Y-Wing bag. I wonder how quickly they made some of these choices.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
ConfusedUs, post some good/dumb Rebel or Scum lists that I can fly tonight and not hate myself (no/few bombs or poons).

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I should clarify that it's a 4 round tournament and I'd like to go 2-2. So dumb but okay, bust mostly dumb.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Thanks! Definitely going with Old/New Han & Poe or that Bossk & Ketsu list.

Edit:

ConfusedUs posted:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...su%20Bossk&obs=
If you haven't flown this yet, you have to. Just once. You'll get smoked by anything with Black One, but you're going to erase a ship a turn otherwise.

A few tips:
-Start with Ketsu's arc forward, and always joust.
-If you can make them bump Ketsu, you win. Peel them off your front bumper with the tractor beam, and go to town.
-Always shoot with Ketsu first, and try to use the beam to get them in Bossk's primary arc.
-Don't forget that chips is once per round.

3-1. Can confirm this is fun. Really enjoyed erasing ships in a single round of combat. Even if they're going to eventually get someone behind Bossk, you've already decimated their squad. Only wound up losing points in 2 of 4 games.

Now I kind of want to bring it to store champs, but I would hate to see how bad it would be against Nymranda.

canyonero fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 21, 2018

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Do we even know if YWings and Scurggs have a gunner slot?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Won a store champ today with 4 Zealots and AP-5. My dice were real swing-y. I either had to use all 4 crack shots to barely win or I'd end the game with maybe 1 spent and an easy victory.

Really enjoying the list and I think it's better than 5x Rookies now for sure.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Do we have any context for how much the Regionals kits were for 1.0? The Regionals I went to in MN and AZ both charged $20 from what I recall, so it's not like the stores are losing money with these.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Afterburners and something, for sure.

Bistan can tap twice out of the same arc.

No, there's no way to deal stress outside uniques and crits, and no other Scum uniques.

Rigged Cargo Chute also works for dealing stress. I think the Lando title is good just to make people not use their linked actions though.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Hopefully FFG is making this change while also planning on expanding the System Open/Hyperspace schedule. I mean X-Wing Worlds is now its own event, separate from FFGs other Star Wars and other games, so they have the space. Living literally 3 minutes from FFG, this hurts me quite a bit as I really loved going to Worlds this last 3 years since all it cost me was an entry ticket, but I get the idea that they want Worlds to be the cream of the crop, which I am definitely not.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So uh...how about that app getting released, FFG? Are they waiting till Thursday?

I assume they won't release the apps until release day or maybe release day eve.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Aramoro posted:

Have they confirmed it doesn't work? I thought they would have had tried to make v2 without too much in the way of confusing rules. Like Punishing One ia only things in your front arc, but that's not a front arc primary weapon attack?

There’s a mini FAQ that was sent to Corusant attendees that clarifies the difference between primary arc attack and mobile arc attack. Dengar doesn’t have a primary arc attack on his pilot card. Fearless says when performing a primary attack.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Ion's interaction with droids is also fun and easily missed. Since you can only Focus after being ioned, Droids get no actions since they can't Focus.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

uncle blog posted:

Are there some decent-looking printable, horizontal dividers out there?

https://davidhorm.github.io/xwing-dividers/

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
He went 4-2 though!

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I'm finding 4 ship lists to be my sweet spot too. I ran this last night and went 3-0:

Wedge Antilles (52)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-foils (0)

Norra Wexley (43)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Jan Ors (42)
Moldy Crow (12)

Sabine Wren (38)

Total: 197

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I wish I could find a way to fit Juke on Sabine.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Nah I was able to use Crack in 2 of 3 games, including 1-shotting a Phantom with a good roll and a lucky Direct Hit.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Sabine is the star of the show. No one even looks her way as she comes in with Focus and Evade every turn. I bet she gets a point increase.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I would guess Dion is making much more than that in Twitch Prime subscriptions.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Points lists for Resistance and First Order are out. Supposedly the official app won't be updated until the 13th of December (what?), but I'd guess all the 3rd party ones will be updated in the next day or so. This probably means the rumors of December 13th being the official release date are true.

Points lists towards the bottom under Support: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
The points lists also have Hyperspace eligibility for all cards. Barrage Rockets are notability not eligible.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
What allows Poe to shoot after SLAMing?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Raged posted:

For some reason I did not realise heroic worked on green dice too. Time to check myself in a nursing home.

Someone on reddit did a long post with lots of maths. I'm not apt to double check the arguments, but the summary is that it's pretty good, especially for 1 point.
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/a2p1bb/the_odds_of_heroism_a_more_comprehensive/

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Buddy of mine was doing this, but with both i5 A-Wings with Prockets.

Is this the i5 A's and Poe, or the A's with Han?

You can fit the i5 A's and the i5 T70s into a single list, but I don't think 16 points is enough to kit them out properly. Here's where I'd start:

Nien Nunb (55)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Pattern Analyzer (5)

Ello Asty (56)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Tallissan Lintra (35)

L'ulo L'ampar (38)
Heroic (1)

Total: 192

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Kevin Leintz from Minnesota was on the Mynock podcast a couple weeks ago and talked up BB8 HLC Trickshot Poe over R4 Torps Poe. He pairs Poe with 3 As, maybe generics, maybe one or two named.