Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm really happy about the changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
https://imgur.com/a/BcrVtYI

Looks like the T-65 pack(or perhaps that part of the starter) got spoiled, and I like the reworking on the generic astromechs. Generic R2 is a regen mech but with fewer uses than R2D2. R4 is now the mech that provides green maneuvers, and scum and rebels now share astromech slots.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Finster Dexter posted:

lmao Garvin Dreis can give himself infinite focus tokens (under 1.0 rules, anyway)

I'm pretty sure they added a range 0 to handle that particularity.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

uncle blog posted:

So I guess the bullseye arc no longer has any inherent effect? It was ignored in the Covenant game.

Yeah, I think it just keys off of upgrade cards now. The gunship probably has some inherent ability with the effect.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Some Numbers posted:

Right, hitting harder and hitting more often are the same thing.

It's an acceptable abstraction, but it leads to the red die/green die creep that caused 2 die primaries to be utter garbage recently in 1.0.

I think FFG's definitely done some work to make 2 die primaries more effective by basically making everything key off the original roll rather than added results on defense. I suspect the ghost will have reinforce rather than evade for that reason, similar to the changes that came to the firespray.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm also pretty sure not every upgrade from 1.0 is going to be in the conversion kits.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

ConfusedUs posted:

They've never said that there would be 1:1 conversions for everything. Just that every ship will be usable.

To me, that reads that not every upgrade will even exist. I'd be shocked if every pilot had a 1:1 analogue, too.

Depending on the ship, i'd venture to guess that for the normal 4-pilot ships, all the pilots will be there, though their abilities probably won't be the same.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

On the one hand I'm more than a little annoyed at how much money I'm going to have to spend to keep playing the game I've already invested a ton of money into, but on the other hand I do understand how significant change was necessary, and-

wait Horton has an EPT and Y-Wings get a native barrel roll now? Ah, gently caress it I'm all in.

You get to watch Alex Davy use it to commit suicide with his Y-wing.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Yeah it's a lot better than the other FFG 2.0 model where 'lol no your collection is 100% useless'

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm wondering what the linked actions on the interceptor are gonna be like- will boost+BR be a thing?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm pretty sure you only have to line up the pips for the beginning part of the BR, you can still slide for the destination on BRs. Or maybe Alex was doin' it wrong.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The mods have definitely been toned down from the original, which is nice.

I kinda like the generics on highly maneuverable ships having PTL options, it might make the generic interceptor/A-wing/fang more interesting as dogfighters.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It would not shock me if Guri's ability were changed to give a robofocus.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The main problem leagues generally have is getting people to play their matches. A lot of people will sign up but not so many will actually finish all the games, particularly if they lose the first few.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

TremorX posted:

So that card that just shows pilots with some basic loadouts -- is that some kind of reference card or is it relevant?

Those are for the quick build thing, basically to give you ideas about how to build a pilot and also something to look at for casual play. FFG hinted at quick build tournament formats as well.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It seems like just about every normal fighter's getting some kind of reposition and the large ships are going to be much more limited in that regard.

Maybe a Y-wing will be able to carry ordnance effectively someday.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Bistromatic posted:

2.0 looks like a great opportunity to get into the game. I'm currently eyeing scum from the faction descriptions but i got a few months to decide. Am i correct in thinking that a conversion kit would be worth the money as a new player just to have a big pile of upgrades? (and probably to use some ebay ships too)

Yeah, a conversion kit would be really helpful if you can scrounge up ships off of e-bay for cheap, or from people getting out.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Wapole Languray posted:

In 1 scum are very much a confused mess. Lots of one trick pony ships, weird gimmicky crap, and a few OP and broken things that are the only ones getting flown (Asajj/Jumpmaster).

Yeah, 1.0 factions were really collections of ships and upgrades that varied widely. You can kinda see where FFG was going with selfish ships that can put down debuffs, but that's by no means a complete summary of the factions. Hopefully 2.0 leans more into faction identity. We don't know a whole lot about 2.0 scum other than a few of the ships.

There are some differences- for example, the HWK-290 is a support ship with a turret available to both rebels and scum. The rebel pilots have abilities like transferring focus to friendlies, boosting a friendly's PS for the shooting phase, and even giving them extra attack dice, whereas the scum HWK-290 has debuffs, like stealing enemy ships' focus or evade tokens, or dropping their PS to 0 during the shooting phase.

The most uniquely scum thing there is probably the illicit slots, where you can drop trash behind your ship, get really high and buff your attack/defense, and do free damage to an enemy in exchange for damaging yourself. Neat tricks, basically, though rebels do have access to the illicit slot on the YT freighters these days.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 5, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I just can't say enough how cool it is that you don't need push the limit to actually do anything interesting with maneuverable ships.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't think bombs need to be random, just not being able to drop perfect info bombs is enough imo.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Smegmalicious posted:

I just saw that Vader is 84 points. That seems like a lot for an ace. I wonder if this signals a general move away from aces and named pilots?

I mean, his ability is straight up better.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Han and 3 Z-95s, i'm gonna make it work in 2.0

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Alright, that's an interesting change to clusters- you get up to 4 shots, and you can do two attacks with it, as long as it's different targets. Concussions are 3 shots but range 1-3, both are 3 die missiles- it seems like these are kinda meant to be the basic missiles for use with things like A-wings and Z-95s.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think afterburner having charges is fine- it's a 100% free action that you can do when you're stressed.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hoiyes posted:

Ships die fast as heck too, having a couple of clutch boosts will be good, two charges hopefully keeps it affordable, and it's another resource to be managed - fewer no brainer decisions keeps the game interesting.

If that card didn't have charges it would probably allow for a lot of easy running away which I don't think is intended.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I've heard that the HWK changed to a 2-die PWT in 2.0.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Bistromatic posted:

With 2.0 coming up i bet i'm not the only newbie here who's confused by all the TLAs so here's a URL where you can look them up: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/129794-x-wing-slang-glossary/

I'll try to be more clear in the future.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Smegmalicious posted:

That’s a gigantic palp nerf. Force tokens are underwhelming right now unless you either have a way to regenerate them quickly, like Luke, or unless there are going to be awesome force ability cards which we haven’t seen yet.

Speaking of Luke, he is going to be damned hard to kill with R2D2 onboard. His force ability means he has a mini focus literally every time he is targeted. That seems very strong.

I imagine Palp will be a bit less expensive- being able to have free-floating focus flips in critical situations is still pretty good, and if you really want to you can get him and vader on a decimator for two flips.

I think people want Palp to be as ridiculous as he was, but IMO this is probably for the best.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Strobe posted:

That's literally what Luke's ability was before. Now it has the added bonus of regening force points even if you roll no focus results.

And also he can use it on offense- Luke got a serious buff.

Smegmalicious posted:

Is Vader’s crew ability confirmed? What is it?

I have no problem with Palp being super strong just cost him accordingly. The cards should reflect the flavor of the fiction. Vader should be the greatest pilot ever. Palp should be ridiculous. Then you should balance them with appropriate costs, which should be easy now with the app. You should ever fly Vader or field Palp and think, “meh,” but they should cost an arm and a dick to be as powerful as they should be.

We don't know what the text is, but we do know it gives +1 force token to the ship he's on- it looks like he can use a force token to make a ship at range 0-2 flip a damage card up, but it's tough to tell.

The problem with old Palp is that he was in the kind of place where there's probably not going to be an appropriate cost for him where he's still viable- it was crazy when it stacked with the token stacking aces, but even with other high value ships with good greens he was insane. Pretty much every imperial list short of crazy missile boat alpha strikes(the result of harpoon insanity) used him, even after the nerf, which indicates I think the card was a bit of a problem designwise.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Moralo's ability is now that he can fly off the board and come back twice, lol.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Also the imperial fanboys in the twitch chat were the saltiest people i've ever seen, holy poo poo.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

LanceKing2200 posted:

It's probably that they are going to be balanced by their points cost, which we don't get to see yet. Other than Vader and the Defenders the Imp ships are notably worse than their Rebel and Scum counterparts, but I guarantee they will be 10-20 points less per ship.

Some of the ships got more reasonable, some of the ships got more subtle improvements. The generics having the action economy mechanics is really good, too.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Jumpmaster dial is a bit of a turd but maybe it has something else going on.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm not sure people realize that mobile arcs are not the same as massive donuts.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

banned from Starbucks posted:

What happens if the YV that can fly off the board is the only ship left for that player. Does "in reserve" have a special meaning?

It's tough to say until we get the rules in hand.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
You can dock n'dru in a 666 now.

The nashta pup is a discount Z-95 that can only come out involuntarily.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
People losin' their poo poo over the 2400 having a less nerfed version of hlc outrider baked in are probably missing the point because ptl doesn't exist and if it were good without ptl/lw, the WSF with outrider would have been a thing.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Arquinsiel posted:

That explains it. Was wondering if these might be the rumoured pre-built versions or something. Looks like the HLC is a straight downgrade for Dash now.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even have a cannon slot any more since HLC outrider is baked in.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
R3 astromech is now weapons engineer- that's interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Some core cards got spoiled.

Supernatural reflexes looks reeeeeally good.