Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

How long until 2.0 becomes a bloated mess and we are calling for 3.0 or worse, pining for the days of 1.0?

By the way? I'm loving stoked for 2.0 goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FFG just mesed up, im not spending over $300 to keep playing with the ships i already own! FFG failed to make a good game, in the quest for $ they released stuff with out properly testing it, and now FFG wnats me to pay for there mistake! FFG go ** yourself!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Source your quotes.

Look no further than Playing Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition w/ Co-Designer Alex Davy on YouTube.

Why didn't you tell anyone here that your Uncle works at Fantasy Flight Games?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Honestly the conversion kit will probably help me out since I'd rather go mono-faction anyway now that they're distributing upgrade cards in a sane fashion and I bet that kit will have a ton of 1.0 cards that came on ships I never bought.

Ya, I intend to go full Galactic Empire with my alternate faction being Rebel Alliance.

While I loved the idea of playing as Bounty Hunters and less savory fellows, I'd rather just stick with the two groups I'm most fond of.

If later that means I get to extend into First Order and Resistance then I'll cross that bridge once FFG fill out those factions as well. Until then I think I might sell off my hanger of Scum and Villiany with 2.0 on the horizon.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

Hell, same. I'll probably have to wait until I see what Scum ships are actually good, and then just sell extra models to people who want to fill out collections.

Probably a good idea. You just know the Quad Quad Jumper meta is right around the corner.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

CODChimera posted:

Where are you guys seeing people rage about the price? I just checked the FFG forums and it's mostly positive.

There's far more comments from people defending the price than actually complaining about it which seems to be similar to here and reddit. Kinda weird really.

Dude from one of my local x-wang groups...

Ya, well. She's right. You probably should.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I would but...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FFG posted:

The plastic ships from the Aces expansions (Imperial Aces, Rebel Aces, Imperial Veterans, etc.) will not be re-released in the game’s second edition. Some of the cards from these expansions will enter X-Wing Second Edition through the conversion kits, but the alternate painted plastic ships themselves will not be reprinted in the game’s second edition. 

Get your alt scheme ships while 1.0 supplies last!

FFG posted:

Furthermore, the Slave I will no longer be a part of the Imperial faction. Instead, the Slave I will be exclusive to the Scum and Villainy faction in X-Wing Second Edition.

Haha literally no one ever played Empire Slave I anyway.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So is the Scurrg also Scum only in 2.0? I noticed there's no conversion for it in the Rebel kit.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That reminds me I better sell Palp before it's too late (if it's not already).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Huxley posted:

I wanna spacefight in a podracer.

There are bad to sub par homebrews for that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You can sit there all high and loving mighty and whine "It's not that much you guys!" All you loving want. Guess what, for some people it's a shitton of money. So go to hell.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:grin:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

However 2.0 pans out, I just hope K2S0 gets his own pilot card and/or crew card.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Speaking on Y-Wangs, is that a new sculpt I see? It looks beefier and the turret is more pronounced.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

canyoneer posted:

They also said they're resculpting the TIE Silencer because they got the scale all jacked up, having limited access to it before the film dropped

I can't imagine it getting bigger, so...smaller?

:swoon:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

IGs and 4-L0M, Chopper, maybe Leebo counts?

AP5.

Question is if Guri counts?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Any info on which ships are getting the medium base treatment?

So far it's the Reaper, U-Wing, Punisher that have been officially mentioned right?

What are the chances the K-Wing goes medium?

TIE Silencer maybe? Scurrg? IG-88s?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Did you miss the part where small ships are now $20? It's the same stealth cost increase GW does

Don't the expacks contain considerably more content to reflect that?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Devlan Mud posted:

If you consider having regular sized upgrade cards instead of mini sized upgrade cards considerably more content then yeah, sure. Considerably more packaging material too, maybe.

I thought there was more then just bigger sized cards and punch cards. Such as more pilots, upgrades etc.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Show us on the Stormcast Eternal where GW hurt you.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

I really doubt that all like 11 X-Wing pilots make it into 2.0.

The conversion kits include everything you need to use your old ships in 2.0. They don't say jack poo poo about porting all (or even most) pilots.

Then where the heck is Jek Porkins? He's in the TC demo game.

Wes is probably included with him in 2.0 core I'm guessing. Edit: same wiith everyone else it seems.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ringo Star Get posted:

Can I work for your companies? I’m the resident Star Wars weirdo, everyone else is all about sports and college sports where I work.

Just work in IT.

Star Wars nerds permiate every level of this career field.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I... don't know what that means. :ohdear:

Fake edit: We need an :ohdear: but C-3P0.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It only took 5 years or whatever for those rear shuttle guns to actually get the ability to fire. Not too bad.

Cobbsprite posted:

Lambda shuttle's dice don't matter. Its only function is as a Palpmobile.

Surely you've caught a ship out of position with a 5 red die range 1 attack with a lambda? That poo poo melts.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cobbsprite posted:

Why would I ever have a 5 red die attack in a Lambda? Expose? Mathematically inferior to focus.

Oops, I meant four. I'm getting my shuttles mixed up.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's kind of how the factions have always been. I want to know what their focus will be for First Order and Resistance.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Decided to read some YouTube video comments and drat, there are A LOT of mad YouTube people. It feels like they want to Battlefront 2 this poo poo but they just do not have enough people seeing it as a bad move on FFGs part (which it isn't, imho).

FFG is not Electronic Arts.

That doesn't stop them from getting irrationality angry over an edition update on a crazy popular wargame that started to burst at the seems from bolted on mechanics, FAQs and evident power creep.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Smegmalicious posted:

I just saw that Vader is 84 points. That seems like a lot for an ace. I wonder if this signals a general move away from aces and named pilots?

I believe standard dogfights will now be 200 points.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Smegmalicious posted:

That’s a gigantic palp nerf. Force tokens are underwhelming right now unless you either have a way to regenerate them quickly, like Luke, or unless there are going to be awesome force ability cards which we haven’t seen yet.

I'm confused, why do you consider this a gigantic nerf? Palp regens one force token a turn.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Do you have to announce that you're using Palps 2.0 ability before you roll or can you use his force token to modify a focus result after?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I assume crew that give +1 Force point also Regen at the end of the round like pilots do.

Only if they have that little triangle next to the force number as far as I understand. So I would assume that's going to be most of them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya all of that swag looks awesome and I'm usually pretty meh about them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

canyoneer posted:

It is truly an unsolvable problem. :v:

The funny thing is that the dude locally who is the most vocally upset about 2E is a guy who is EXCLUSIVELY an Imperial player. As in, has never bought a non-Imperial ship, but has instead bought the piecemeal upgrades he needs from other ships. (like autothrusters before the Silencer was released, harpoon missiles, crack shot, etc.)

But in the bright new future, he can just buy a core set, one or two empire conversion kits and then NEVER AGAIN have to buy upgrades on the secondary market that exclusively come with other faction expansions. He should be most thrilled about this!

Then what he's the most upset about was all the poo poo he decided to put himself through as a grown rear end man chasing down tiny cards in order to attain that perfect and elusive Imperial meta in a game involving small toy plastic space ships.

He's basically mad at himself.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 8, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya there's definitely nothing wrong with spending money how they see fit in respects to Wang, it's just the childish reaction to the update that's insufferable.

They chose to dump that much expendable money when they embraced the hobby, especially on that much extra poo poo that no one actually needs to enjoy the game, seemingly aware of what they were buying into. Then to turn around and be outraged like they've been done wrong by FFG because of the 2.0 update? Get hosed, you manchildren.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

There's explicitly a rule about misleading modifications. I'd say "paint the T70 to look like a T64" falls under that.

Ah poo poo. I've got a TIE/LN that I painted to look like a TIE/FO before FFG officially even announced it as part of the game. I'm a shady trickster!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JReZ57jFpNE

:yarg:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yeah, I'm never going to willfully allow anyone I play to think that the painted TIE/LN is an FO. First it doesn't really serve any kind of advantage in doing so and second, it's just a dick move.

On the other hand, I might use that LN as an FO, in which case, I'd make that pretty obvious with base token, pilot card, dials, etc and also with a cursory "Oh by the way? This TIE? The one painted like a FO *holds up spaceship* ...is actually an FO, not like last game where it was just a TIE" in a casual or tournament setting.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

OniPanda posted:

I’m very behind on it, so I don’t know if they’ve shown anything that’s not in 7 or 8, but there’s also the Poe Dameron comic that has the possibly of them puttin some new ships in

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I don't even know how that thing can fly in space since it has its AT-ST eye window flap things open.