Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Imperial and Scum. Synergy is for nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'm guessing that like the Fang Fighter, the Interceptor will make use of the Afterburner upgrade for its boost broll shenanigans.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Is there a new Super EPT slot. On the TIE Adv. Threat card Vader has Supernatural Reflexes with a different icon. Maybe Force pilots only?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The conversion kits don't have enough cardboard to run full squads of generics or whatever. Only 3 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 2 X-wing, etc.
Well it's likely that beyond Wave 1, the Awing and Bwing expansions will include brand new or updated cards that aren't in the conversion kits, making completionists buy a new one anyway.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Scum Fenn Rau being relevant again makes me so happy.

Yesss, hoping there's points to squeeze in a generic Fang alongside boba and fenn.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

CODChimera posted:

I am quite surprised so many people in here are defending the price so passionately. It's expensive for some cardboard and arguments like "Well I only play 1 faction" or "__ is more expensive" are pretty poor.
My argument is that without Xwing 2, 80% of my collection (including the ships I like most and most want to fly) continues to sit in a box or folder unused and unusable in near future. Until, like the T-65 or Defender or Starviper for example, the purchase of a $40 box just to fix a single ship or two at a time.

$50 to bring dozens of my ships up to scratch at once is a steal.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

lofi posted:

No, it isn't. FFG are clearly planning a major profit on this, there's no need to lick their balls for deigning to sell you a fix for the game.

Sure, the game needed fixing, and sure there are more exploitative ways they could have done it, but let's not pretend they're doing us a favour.
:jerkbag:

Pretty sure everyone here realises that FFG isn't a charity organisation, sport. The pricing model is a straight up improvement over their rebel aces, veterans, guns for hire ship fix model.

People are pleased because the whole announcement is pretty much the best case scenario that has been spitballed around about Xwing 2.0.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Afterburners is the new Engine upgrade, and although the boost is a free action, it only has 2-3 charges and you must complete a speed 3-5 manoeuvre. It's small - medium ship only.

The absolute best change is Blinded Pilot. It just means your next attack you can't modify dice, other than using the force! Balanced and Thematic!

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Get a second, fancy damage deck if you pre-order. Includes a diagram of the physical location of each crit, and it's full-sized instead of mini sized.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/upgrade-your-damage-deck/

Automatic for any pre-order from FFG. Local retailers can get them too by contacting FFG.

It's like every loving day is Christmas here.

The upside of this is that there'll be spare damage decks going around for even the poorest players who want to get in on 2.0.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
The limiting factor here is the new dials. You'll only have 3 new Xwing dials with conversion plus core. The Saw's Renegades pack will have a 4th, so one Xwing expansion will put you at 5 new dials.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ro5s posted:

:rip: Jansen :(

E: Unless he's in the conversion pack.

He'll probably be in the new core along with Luke.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Wait a year and you'll probably be able to sell the red defender for the cost price of the original box.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Fenn Rau is going to be so good in 2.0 in 1v1 (now that fearless is a legit EPT choice for him) but he can't just engage a swarm or take multiple shots. He'll be like a wolf prowling the flanks.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Check out that A-Wing blowing up the interceptor, something nearly impossible in 1.0
Not true! I had a tournament just after Kwing came out where my VI Jake oneshotted Soontirs in 3 of my 4 games :madmax:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Trophy headed back to Europe. Krayts who?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
The only other World's final without a turret was 2013 TIE swarm vs Biggs walks the dogs. Probably why it's the first interesting final for the last 5 years. (heaver v eide was alright I guess)

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

pbpancho posted:

You forget 2012. Before turrets existed.

Nope, the runner up Nick Stanton had an ion turret on a Y.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

With no pilot skill fuckery allowed and natively the highest pilot skill in the game, plus ship abilities and pilot abilities that are at worst on par and arguably better than in 1.0, and the ability to use force points as focus tokens in a pinch, Vader in 2.0 is significantly better than before.

The equivalent of 42 points (upgraded) sounds about right, if not a little low.

Still no hard 1 though so certified garbage tier

Starvipers had better keep their funky barrel roll!!!

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Oh man, Afterburners only has two charges? That's unfortunate.

Ships die fast as heck too, having a couple of clutch boosts will be good, two charges hopefully keeps it affordable, and it's another resource to be managed - fewer no brainer decisions keeps the game interesting.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

TBH the weirdest thing is people being happy about it.
How many times have you flown arced ships against a fenn ghost this year?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

People keep saying this and all I can say is: Bullshit. I don't doubt that FFG is going to do their best, but there's no loving way they're going to be able to balance the game to the point that all 49 ships are going to be valid and competitive. The overall balance is going to be much better than it used to be, and I doubt ships like the HWK are still going to be outright trash, but expecting every ship in your arsenal to be competitive in the new edition is just asking to be grossly disappointed.
Interesting you call the HWK outright trash, when only last year someone won the competitive Polish National with one. No ones expecting every ship to be perfectly balanced, but by significantly flattening the power curve and putting a higher premium on aces, I think you're going to see good players being able to choose the ships they like, stick with those ships and put in the reps and get winning results out of them.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Here is a half decent google doc with a lot of the 2.0 info. Most we know, but there is some new stuff in there.

If the translation is right new Palp is Pre-Nerf Palp.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WBD6vYa6cXMFsQNdbfSK1kjQdscdsQ_aLfMTbGqRsfY/mobilebasic

No, don't freak out they paraphrased it badly. Ships can spend Palps token as if it were their own. I.e. It's a force token anyone can use, but it still only turns one eyeball result.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Tacopocalypse posted:

One thing the google doc doesn't include are the revealed dial on a number of ships.

This image reveals the dials for the M3-A Interceptor and Kihraxz Fighter.

How sure are you that's the kihraxz? I'd actually guess it's the starviper due to the 3 sloops and lack of a kturn. If it is, the blues are a good improvement.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I just saw the TIE ace that can cancel damage once per game :dong:

I also realised that a 7 tie swarm is totally doable with just a new core and one conversion kit. Because you'll have Howlrunner, the Biggs TIE and 5 generics. Tiles and cards shouldn't be a problem. You'll only be short one dial and they've already confirmed that the TIE/ln dial didn't change.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

gently caress three /ds, 2 Juke x7s and one with... I dunno, Draw Their Fire, or A Score to Settle... will tear that poo poo to shreds.

Similarly Echo will be close to untouchable and can even take an actually-useful EPT.

I'm thinking Oicunn Echo would be a solid list.

Advanced Cloaking Device is on the banned list.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'm just gonna fly Vader and a miniswarm for practice. Really hoping that Fenn + miniswarm is a viable list.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I know some people working on the tabletop simulator version and apparently they've already got medium bases working.

Edit: they've actually got it going with the squads already revealed by FFG. They streamed a demo on Twitch.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 16, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
How the gently caress has noone posted this yet:

Guri PS5 :gizz:

Scum loving aces are go

Hoping for IG88A, Guri, Fenn dream team.

Edit scratch that, swap the droid for Dace who looks good as hell now.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 19, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Did they say whether these were all the ships in the pack or just a teaser? I mean, I assume the latter...

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

always be closing posted:

Is that link in the op still my best bet to get caught up on everything so far?

Nice op btw. Super pumped for this, looks like they will improve on the original game a lot, and that was a ton of fun for my friends and I.

One thing about when we used to play was games took a long rear end time. Does 2.0 play any faster or will it come down to us getting more practice?

2.0 looks like it will play faster, but even with 1.0, you can put a 1 hour time limit on the match and finish most games. (always play to a time [60 or 75 minutes] and not total destruction though)

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
There's usually way too much going on in a game of Xwing to have it easily represented on a smartphone screen, especially with the amount of cards with individual charges now.

Not to mention issues with syncing, tech in general etc.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'm dropping Rebels and (probably) First Order, and trying to fill holes in scum and imperial line up. I think cutting down to three factions should keep me with at least one that's good at any point in time. Looking forwards to flying a Fang swarm.

One thing I realised about Conversion kits is that you won't really be able to swap as freely as you imagine.

For example, the Rebel kit comes with the pieces for two YT-2400. But you'll still only have one Dash card & one Dash base, because although they'll include multiples of generics and two dials, why would they include 2 copies of a unique pilot.

Unless you don't want a ship at all, only want the generic (hello Lambda) or are fine with proxied cards and tiles, then it's not much good.

Unless your one of those loons who needs multiple kits, then of course you'll be swimming in unique pilot doubles.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 23, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

None of that has been confirmed or denied, regarding the pilot cards, to the best of my knowledge

Common sense pretty much confirms it mate

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Dang. Does Scum have any force users other than Asajj? Edit: and Maul crew I think...

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
IG88 with Juke :gary:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

Also, just thinking about Han's new ability... he has to reroll ALL dice, not ANY dice. Interesting.

Also interesting, it's any time he rolls dice. Bombs, asteroids, crew abilities like Lando...

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Uh Prockets base 5 dice and go out to range 2 now. Bullseye only, but still... A wings good??

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

Theres no way a YT-2400 deserves to be over 100 points...even Dash. People are seriously misremembering what wave 1-3 was like. 4 dice with a focus or naked if you need to roll is over half your list? Get real.

Umm classic dash was like 58 points for a long time and people paid the price willingly because he was a monster. I don't really consider Dash to have been nerfed in any way for 2.0, losing two arcs for dice in the donut is probably an even trade, and the new outrider title is bloody good. Furthermore, they're really cranking up the premium on ace-level pilots. Maybe Leebo will be sub-100, but if you expect the new Dash build to be less than 100, you're going to be disappointed.

I think people are expecting him to have a Gunner slot, which will put his power curve to the stupid level, something like Bistan on him would just be dirty. I hope FFG has adhered to the fluff on this one, as apparently dash ripped out the Gunner position to fit the cannons and they're controlled by Leebo in the cockpit.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yes people paid 58 points because (at one time) you got 58 points worth of a power boost that made him good. Other ships are getting their old upgrades baked in i seriously doubt theyre points are gonna skyrocket that high

For sure those points are getting baked in as well though. Also, I should clarify that I mean a basic Dash build will be over 100, not the pilot with nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Talk on the town is 98 point base for Dash, with crew and gunner slot. Luke gunner apparently 30 points!