Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
How do you tell which upgrades a ship can take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Raged posted:

Laugh all you want at poonapple ya bastards. I hate the name, but it’s the name people gave it. I won a ton of smaller tournaments with it and pretty well with it at NSW regionals. I think it’s hurting with the latest wave, but I play the list a few times a month without any upgrades when I am teaching the autistic clients at work so I am pretty drat good when I can’t use my poons.

Best thing is seeing people at big tournaments who I smash with it running it at later tournaments. Haven’t lost a mirror match yet :p

What people

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Does anyone know if Saw's Renegades has 2.0 X-wing pilots that aren't in the starter or T-65 pack?

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am 90% sure it does
Thanks, managed to confirm it with some unboxing videos, but I also found out that the quality on the Saw X-wing is worse than the 2nd ed. boxes. I'll probably wait for a second printing.

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 13, 2018

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Back in V1's first wave, a dude in my local scene was very concerned that Swarm tactics would break the game. Not super worried about it this time, either.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
You get them from the second core set you bought?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
6 Tugboats w/ deadman's switches

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Kimogila looks cool though? maybe you meant the IG-2000

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Quadjumpers are half of on FFG's site, get 'em before they're nerfed

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Wanna play a swarm of new A-Wings so bad

E: They could have given us some better rockets though

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 12, 2018

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
To be fair, I don't want epic ship rules from FFG either

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Still though, you don't have to tell people everything

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I know a guy who's finally buying in because of the old republic stuff, so that's cool I geuss

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Speaking of Paige Tico, her bomb still doesn't explode until the end of the next activation phase, right? At the same time as a bomb placed normally that turn? One of my opponents ran her last week and we were both struggling to see her value.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

She's much more valuable because of the rotate and how it allows doubletaps out the front. A MG100 with Paige can start with arc sideways, shoot from front primary, use Paige to rotate to front, shoot with turret front, use paige to rotate back to side (to set up for next round)

Makes sense, thanks

Do we know when the new TIE Striker is supposed to be released?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

canyoneer posted:

The other opportunity for two stress at once is Sloane.

Is it? Wouldn't he gain the stress after the ship is destroyed and consequently no longer in range 1?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I played my third game with RZ-2s today, and I've swung the guns around a total of one time. Are others having similar experiences? I mean it doesn't hurt to have the option but I imagined that this would be more useful.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Can't wait to see what Jar Jar does, kinda hope they make him a gunner

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Palpy working for either faction is a nice touch

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I didn't know it was illegal to run just one ship

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Has anyone seen a decent build that uses Director Krennic? Not sure what to do with this guy

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

HidaO-Win posted:

Is the name of the UK SO winning list Jake and the Fat Han?

And if not, why not?

Neither of the people who got that reference made it into the top eight

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Lichtenstein posted:

Not printing a Jar-Jar Binks crewmate already.

Hopefully they never do
He should be a Gunner

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
How's the Battlestar Galaga version?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
FFG are firm adherents of the mushroom principle of information sharing

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Noticed tonight that 'Hate' is restricted to 'Dark Side.' Of course it's obvious which factions that entails and I'm not looking to be a rules pedant about this, but I am curious if this is specified anywhere? I've gone thought the cards, rulebook and rules reference several times and I can't find anything.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

It's probably also worth noting that Maul crew allows a pilot with an existing Force slot to take Hate, but doesn't allow someone without a Force slot to do so.

Assuming this doesn't work for Republic ships that take Chancellor Palpatine.

Anyone tried 6 RZ-2s? Keeping my fingers crossed for a sale somewhere soon.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Yeah, my version drops the three Predator talents and crams Vader in.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
So FFG finally gave us an answer on the revealed maneuver thing, and naturally they interpreted it the stupid way. Oh well

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

LanceKing2200 posted:

I kinda like the idea of the shrinking map, but you'd have to build a whole lot of cards/mechanics around that to the point where it would hardly be the same game anymore.

Warmachine does this, not sure why it would be difficult to adapt: "At the beginning of round X and every round thereafter, every ship within range 3 of any table edge gets 1 facedown damage card." Sounds like it could be neat.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Everyone played exactly one game of 1.0 epic

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I would recommend at least picking up a TIE Advanced X1 to get Vader. An additional X-wing and Tie Fighter pack isn't a bad idea either since they give you additional pilots for those ships that aren't in the starter.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Underwhelmed

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Including the TIE Reaper and Saw's Renegades, which have cards for 2.0

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Only one of our local stores is still open, and it is the single most disgusting space I've ever been in my life. You know that plastic, white, lightly textured wall covering that's in half the retail bathrooms in the country?

In their bathroom, it is mostly orange, with shades of green and purple blotching throughout. I'm not sure what's growing on it, but I'm pretty sure the answer is "yes."

They posted that they're taking "enhanced cleaning measures," whatever that means, but will remain open. Maybe they bought a can of Lysol to threaten the bathroom with. If so, it's not scared. Killing 99% of bacteria in there would just anger it.

Pee before you go

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I never bought Feldheer because I'm cheap and just put everything in a tackle box, but I have a half-dozen friends who buy it exclusively for the miniatures.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I still think that Star Wars: Top Gun, In Space is a loving no-brainer movie.

Finally get some gay characters in SW, at least

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
They're half the guys who used to make Warmachine

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I thought we'd get the ship from Fallen Order by now too

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
A lot of the stores I've been to use 2.5' wide folding tables, so if a 2'x2' foot game is still workable, that would be pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

Not sold on the imp one
The TIE-D configuration that eliminates everything unique about the ship struck me as very odd