Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
On the one hand, this all sounds like really great stuff. On the other hand, my wallet is crying already. Bottom line is I'm getting two more TIE Fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Strobe posted:

XXX is covered by one core and one conversion. Most things worth swarming with come with 4 bases in the conversion kit; for TIEs one kit and one core gets you six, which qualifies as a swarm to me. I think a lot of the worrying about price is premature.

I confess I was worried about this until I realised its 6 TIEs total across the two sets. I've never ran more than 7 TIEs (6 Academy and Howlrunner) so its not that big a change and I suspect that 6 will be a perfectly adequate swarm in 2.0.

It stings that I won't be able to run all my TIEs straight out the box but I have an entirely ridiculous number of TIE fighters.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Strobe posted:

Hell, one core, one TIE expansion, one conversion gets you to 7, which is the sane version of a TIE Swarm.

Yes, absolutely.

Of course, with the new core set I'd have 8 to that would be 9. I really got into TIE Fighters early on. With the new app and a casual group it doesn't matter one jot, mind.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
So if I'm reading this right then the Wave I expansions are going to have the same cards as the conversion kit but they will diverge afterwards (but maybe with future conversion kits to come).

I cannot wait for the colour code changes to the dial, being partially colourblind I have found the red/green difference a struggle at times. Daft but major quality of life improvement.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’ve had some success annoying my opponents with Countdown with a stealth device. Since you can cancel results and take a damage, you don’t lose the SD.

This is brilliant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

hoiyes posted:

Pretty sure anything in the app is fair game.

I think you are right, the GenCon tournament was quite restrictive I believe but FFG have been clear that ongoing events will be balanced using the app.