Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Strobe posted:

XXX is covered by one core and one conversion. Most things worth swarming with come with 4 bases in the conversion kit; for TIEs one kit and one core gets you six, which qualifies as a swarm to me. I think a lot of the worrying about price is premature.
I just did the math for the conversion kits (based on 1.0 pilot costs). Two rebel kits will cover any swarm except 5 y-wings or 6 HWKs, which would need three kits. Two imperial kits cover everything except 5 star wings. Scum's basically the same as rebels - two kits will cover everything except HWK or y-wing swarms of the lowest cost pilots.

So it looks like one or two kits per faction will cover just about any reasonable list.

Unless you clone Zeb, in which case you would need four kits to cover your 7 Zeb TIE swarm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Huxley posted:

Will be interesting to see how quickly they get through all of this phase. I watched an interview last night with one of the designers, and he said he went to production and distribution and asked "how quickly can we put these things out."

He sounded like he wanted to get through the 1.0 conversion kit phase pretty quickly, I assume so they can get to power creeping past it with pure 2.0 stuff.
Makes sense. If they're putting out smaller conversion kits with the new waves, that's a long time where anyone with a 1.0 collection won't have to buy any new models.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

TheCenturion posted:

And that line should be a bullet point in the 'Attack' section of the rules reference, then possibly referenced in the FAQ for Han Solo.
Wasn't the whole point of having a pdf rules reference instead of a printed one so that they could make changes like that?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Dice and tokens you can keep. That being said you can toss the tokens. You get more in conversion kits/expansions.
Don't you need to keep the bomb/device tokens too?