Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Oops, All Bombs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I had to take a few seconds to parse it.

I'm still not sure i've got it. If... your target is bumped with a friendly generic pilot, +1 red dice?

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Holy crap yes.

I mean, they already have a way, is the frustrating thing. "If there are any uncancelled hits/crits in your attack roll, cancel all results and do 'X'."
2 red dice, if any hits uncancelled, do 5 damage. Or something like that.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

plester1 posted:

There are extremely minor differences in the scale, engine design, wing supports, laser "nubs" and solar panel texture, but they're like 95% the same thing.

That socket on the back is a viewport, not an engine.

I failed a saving throw.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Just as a heads-up, a lot of first edition is 50-66% off on amazon today, if you want plastic spaceships to conversion kit.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm going to disagree with all of these comments that say you should dumb down your first learning game. Ten years ago (or whatever), excited by seeing wave 1 at gencon, i got a core box, and played the recommended no actions / no dice mods / fox only / final destination learning game with a friend.

We were both bored to tears, and i put that box away and didn't play again for years because i thought FFG had flubbed it.

Leaving out all of the interesting things your ships can do, all the tactics more advanced than firing arcs, and just driving in circles around the board occasionally throwing some dice is a Bad Game that's Not Fun. By all means, use simple ships, use the X-wing and TIE with no upgrade cards, even play with 100-point teams instead of the full 200, but let them use every part of the game that's on the table.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I just figured the homebrew was so bad it broke BBCode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I played a demo at a con once. Our table had three chumps (including me, obv) who never got a shot off, and one guy that swooped around thrashing all of us. Afterward, he claimed he was literally a fighter pilot, so it all made perfect sense to him.

In addition to the whole 'pointing directions you aren't moving in' hurting people's brains and maybe encouraging less-fun strategies, it also just had really narrow firing arcs. You basically couldn't hedge your bets, you either knew the entire enemy deck and correctly guessed exactly which card they were going to play, or you missed.