Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to get a core and treat my X70 and FOs as the new ships just to knock around, then probably skip the conversion kits in favor of getting new solo packs as they look interesting.

So if the new A wing pack in 2019 looks rad I'll just grab that and have two ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lofi posted:

Fuuuuck, I was going to sell off my cards this week!

I brought home a TIE/fo expansion literally yesterday and told my wife, "Hey, it was $12 but I can ebay these two cards for $10."

Today, I got to come home and tell her, "The thing I said yesterday is no longer true and also the ship I bought will not be a thing starting in September and not for ... a while."

Still going to try ebay though. No harm in it.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

I expect people will split out their conversion kits, so you can get that extra x wing, B Wing or A wing without a whole new kit

It might even be profitable to do so. I know a lot of people are going to want Defender/Bomber as a set and A/B Wings as a set, since Imp Vets and Rebel Aces are the most common "what do I buy now?" sets.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I only have a handful of ships out of each box, but I'm definitely going to spend this summer keeping an eye out for people dumping their plastic. If I'm getting a $50 box of cardboard anyway, I may as well try and grab ships.

I think there are going to be a lot of people doing this, and I don't think you guys bowing out are going to do as badly as you think if you care to put in the work. If you're just looking to get it out the font door and serious about selling by the pound, I bet there are more than a few people in the thread with PMs open.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You're definitely going to have to have all the cards out because there's lots of token tracking. Many upgrades are going to come with lightning bolts to keep up with, and ship cards are going to potentially have shields and force tokens.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lazerus06 posted:

This is fantastic. I was wondering if there were ways to recharge charges, I hope you can't

I'm sure there will be, but probably as part of specific cards and not a pilot ability.

I can picture the "put a token on as an action/spend a token for an effect" cycle being wrapped up into one upgrade card, however they would word it not to be able to stack tokens more than X deep. Also, I guess you would need a specific "reload" action icon and rulestext about that icon only affecting the card its printed on, etc etc.

You could even make reloading that token a red action, now, to really mess with its opportunity cost.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

The new Y-Wing has a native red reload action, which almost certain gives all the charges back to the munitions card.

Hey, I knew it sounded like a good idea.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheCenturion posted:

I've always been actively disinterested in playing competitively in regionals and higher because I felt the game was incredibly poorly geared towards that style of play, with hard meta, 'buy three StarVipers to make your Interceptors not suck' style balance fixes, and so on. I'm now actively intending to play competitively with 2.0.

I'm mostly new and was so hopelessly behind there was never any chance of me showing up to my FLGS, but a big 2.0 reset might actually get me interested in OP.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You'll also probably be able to buy individual lots if you only want to upgrade specific ships (and those won't be too expensive because they can't overprice the individual sets).

I'm considering buying a Rebel kit for my Xs, As, Bs, and ARCs, then just selling individually bagged Falcons and Gunships and such. It won't pay for itself but it'll help offset the costs a bit.

Like, for every person who is saying they need to buy two kits to play 4x gunships, there's going to be a dozen of me trying to move them on eBay for $4.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 2, 2018

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SuperKlaus posted:

I feel like there's no harm in talking about it now. Nobody's signing a contract or nothin' and if I or another party back out before release there should be plenty of opportunity to adjust plans.

This is the kind of post that, in September, there's a reasonable chance I would offer you $10 for you to mail me the Defenders and an ARC (but I would probably beg you for one pilot card and base, just so I could fly the thing).

If you're just gauging what interest may look like in practice.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SuperKlaus posted:

Haha OK let's stay on mutual radar. To clarify I didn't mean just dials, I'd part with dials, bases, pegs, and pilot cards for the unloved ships. Only with the ARC 170, TIE Int, and TIE Bomber would I keep pilot cards and send off excess dials, bases, and pegs. I bet at a minimum I'd have spare generic pilot cards to send your way :)

For sure.

Once this thing comes out, we should start a Buy/Sell/Trade specific thread like MTG has just for swapshopping all this stuff around. For the time being, it's going to be a long summer.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They're better than their reputation, but that isn't saying much.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wapole Languray posted:

So from what I'm understanding all the old upgrade cards are now basically useless because they completely revamped everything and right now models are the only thing really carrying over?

The original-trilogy models, plastic bases, pegs, dice. Everything else is new.

The sequels ships (First Order/Poe era stuff) will come later, but for now it has no analogue in 2.0.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wanna spacefight in a podracer.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Wave 2 and beyond will include new upgrades and cards but some of the stuff in the conversion packs will be in them.

Sure, nobody expected the A-wing 2.0 expansion to include ONLY the cards from the conversion kit.

quote:

BUT, there will be upgrade sets for the rereleased ships for existing players so you don't need to buy the new ship.

Wait, so that A-wing 2.0 will also ship with an A-wing ONLY conversion kit? What would be in that thing? Just the material from the conversion kit? That plus the 2.0 expansion? Something else entirely?

quote:

They haven't come out with any details but they mentioned the possibility to have stuff packed together for the wave in a conversion pack/new ship cards + token pack.

So a third, wave-specific conversion kit??

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Source ur posts

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The multiple upgrade stuff was really what I needed to hear. Just really good, exactly right.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Will be interesting to see how quickly they get through all of this phase. I watched an interview last night with one of the designers, and he said he went to production and distribution and asked "how quickly can we put these things out."

He sounded like he wanted to get through the 1.0 conversion kit phase pretty quickly, I assume so they can get to power creeping past it with pure 2.0 stuff.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Here's a copy/paste of how my FLGS works their system:

quote:

Each player will be paired with two other players - these are your assigned matches for the month. For the other two games, you may play any other league player. You may play up to four league matches for the month, but only your first game against each opponent will count as a league match. You can play someone else as many times as you like, but any games beyond the first will be bonus matches. For bonus matches, feel free to use an objective or any other format.

Tiebreakers are settled in this order: head-to-head wins, strength of schedule, opponent strength of schedule, attendance points. An attendance point has no bearing on the standings, and you earn one for each league week that you either report a game or report attendance with no games played (all of this is on the match results form).

**Any games in addition to your four will count as a bonus game, and each bonus game gets you an entry in a prize raffle for the end of the month. A bonus game may be against players who still need a free choice game, or between two players who have finished their league matches.**

Match scoring is as follows:

Win a league match: 3 points
Lose a league match: 1 point

Tiebreakers: Head-to-head, SoS, opponent SoS.

Prizes: Prizes will be done in a draft format. Each player will submit a ranking of the prizes, and will be awarded their highest choice based on what is available, starting with first place. We will continue through the standings from top to bottom until all prizes are distributed. Players will then be able to pick up prizes at any time.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think he means if he buys the conversion kits, can he get away with skipping the coreset if he gets the new damage deck elsewhere.

The guides changed graphically, and the centerline is relevant for stuff, but I don't think their shapes changed at all.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chemmy posted:

Everything at my FLGS is 20% off if you preorder, so the core is $31. I'll take a moving foil X-Wing and the rest of the stuff for that price.

My FLGS is 20% off everything they're allowed to every day. I love them so much, forever and ever.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am confused about these. Is this like the recommended loadout, or the must take this loadout?

It's like a quickstart thing for new players, though they said they might stage tournaments based about using them.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you showed up to a store-level event playing TIE/FOs as 2.0 TIE/lns, do you think anyone would notice or care?

Just say you had them custom painted.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ringo Star Get posted:

I can avoid the ship packs and go right for the models, which my local game store sells for a few dollars each.

This is bonkers and I would be there today clearing them out if I were you.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

canyonero posted:

To those of you selling or consolidating your collection, are you just selling ships or are you selling the cardboard, pilot cards, and upgrades as well? Is there a general consensus about how much to charge for ship-only sales vs ship + cardboard + cards?

I've tried selling upgrade cards on eBay since they announced 2.0 and have had a little success here and there. Someone bought an Defender X7/D set for $12, which was nuts, but mostly it's been like, Juke/Comm Relay selling for $2 free shipping. Mostly things don't sell, which isn't surprising.

On the other hand, ships+bases haven't diminished much at all. If you wanted out all-together, you would do pretty well right now selling out ships. Here's an auction where a guy got $55 or so for 6 ships.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FFG-Star-Wars-X-Wing-Empire-6-Ship-Lot/332619390552?hash=item4d71a91e58:g:7BMAAOSwCYtazPf2

Here's a large collection where the guy also got ~$6 per ship.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Wing-Miniatures-Huge-Lot-of-37-Ships/202283581713?hash=item2f190a8111:g:r8oAAOSwLnBawYxB

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flightless greeb posted:

Are you selling the cards individually or in little thematic packs? I have a billion cards of every kind and no interest in playing this game until 2.0 is out. Any retailers who still buy cards in bulk out there? Or is Ebay my best bet?

Pretty much everything I've gotten to sell has been a "set." Like both TIE defender titles, both of the A wing things together or comm relay+juke together. Even then, I usually get only a couple of bucks shipped for stuff, but I'm just shipping in regular envelopes and top loaders so it's not a big deal. Two bucks is two bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like they are going to try real hard to keep upgrade prices consistent. They know they have the option to make Lone Wolf cost 5 more points for one ship type (or even just one pilot), but I have to assume they would only go down that road as an emergency. Like, one very specific list is way too strong and they want to nuke it by pushing the stock list past 200 points.

Having Lone Wolf cost +/– 10 points depending on ship/pilot would be wayyyy too confusing. I'll go so far as to guess they never actually do it and all prices stay normalized.