Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

So I guess the bullseye arc no longer has any inherent effect? It was ignored in the Covenant game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

New dice would be really cool though. For reals.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

canyoneer posted:

Guess not. But Crack Shot and Marksmanship reference it

Yeah I saw that. Guessing those cards are gonna be super cheap considering how much harder they are to pull off now.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

They gonna have to jumpstart the gently caress out of FO and Resistance factions. FO has 4 ships and Resistance only has 2. Is it even worth it to them to make conversion kits for a faction with 2 ships? Splitting them off always seemed like a dumb idea esp since Empire and Rebel ships span loving huge amounts of time and EU.

They’re probably gonna get their A’s and Y’s at that time. Along with the Falcon, the bombers, X-Wings and one or two new ships, that’s an okay start. Hopefully they’ll find a way to make them feel distinct enough from the rebels.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

It looks like the general direction is to move away from the "90% of shots are more less fully modified" game we have today. Rarely allowing you to have both TL and focus, and making tons of abilities rely on the bullseye arc means that shots are often relying on one or no mods, and painful abilities are much harder to trigger. Which means we get a game where those crazy good shots/situations happen much less often. But that means that when you actually have an enemy ship perfectly lined up and have managed to get a focus and/or target lock and can trigger some cool ability, that moment is going to feel much cooler and more special than before. This, is to me, the most promising part of the new game. That moment-to-moment X-Wing is finally gonna "feel" special again.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

She should get 2 calculate methinks. No focus for SYNTHETICS.

Edit:
As I would consider 2 Calculate Tokens better than a single Focus, and I wouldn't mind the Vipers getting nudged slightly more into the "great" zone.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Smegmalicious posted:

I just saw that Vader is 84 points. That seems like a lot for an ace. I wonder if this signals a general move away from aces and named pilots?

Where did you see this?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Repairing a facedown card removes it, repaing a faceup card flips it.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Poopy Palpy posted:

I can't believe they doubled the size of the bomb cards and still couldn't find the room to tell you what the bomb does.

This. So loving this.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

What's the thematic reasoning for lowering its attack value?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I've actually seen the movie, don't remember them being weaker, or Han ever mentioning having upgraded them. Maybe he says something in Ep4 I'm forgetting.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Interesting that it is a part of wave 1. I'm guessing this means that Imps and Rebels also get at least one more ship for the wave, probably ones we haven't seen before.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

That limitation would kill the app as soon as a third party one gets released, so I hiiiighly doubt that to be the case.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Rules reference sheet: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564718050463787/permalink/2073820672886853/

Seems like reload no longer gives a weapons disabled token?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Expert handling has the word and symbol "Red [barrel roll]", on its requirement side. While Tactical Officer includes the word "Requires" before its requirement. So it seems they're already inconsistent in their wording in the new edition.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Seems that many of the 2.0 cards in Saws Renegades have pretty big errors. Advanced Sensors allow you to take additional actions for instance. I guess the first release needs some extensive errata. Also, there are no quickplay cards included. Was looking forward to testing 2.0 based on those. Now we’ll just have to figure out a couple of even squads by trial and error. Which isn’t too bad. The first batch of cards being wrong kind of sucks though.

Source: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/278039-so-we-need-errata-already/

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Yeah, as long as we get enough of the affected cards in the conversion kits it won’t really be an issue.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Anybody tried 2.0 with the stuff from wave 14?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

A google doc with all you need to start playing 2.0: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ujq2YCixnVK5339Lg46KEilKUtBivwiOs7VB2bUghg/edit

Hoping to test it myself next week.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

They’re coming later they said, probably in a separate conversion kit.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Sicne both Saw and Wullf refer to the window «when attacking», are you allowed first roll your dice, take damage with Saw and then roll an additional dice?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

uncle blog posted:

Sicne both Saw and Wullf refer to the window «when attacking», are you allowed first roll your dice, take damage with Saw and then roll an additional dice?

Quoting myself as I got lastpaged. If this is allowed I’ll probably try it out.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Any interpretation by the first one requires some extreme mental gymnastics and makes no sense.

Nah it’s very poorly written. It needs a pause to differentiate between the auto-damage and the damage from dice. Now it sounds like you take one damage per result, plus an additional damage matching that result. I understand that many people read it as you do, as that seems like the intended way, but that doesn’t excuse them from clear writing.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

How can one fail a lock action? According to the rules, you declare action, measure range to anything you want, and the you choose one object within range to lock. As you can also lock asteroids, there will rarely be a time when nothing is eligible for a lock.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

Being forced to lock a rock might as well be failing it

Also seismic charges remove rocks.
Sure, but people are talking about how E-Wings can use their linked action to fail a Lock action and use Composure to do a white Focus action instead. But my reading of the rules makes it seem like this isn't (or very rarely) possible?

Edit:
Never mind, seems you can simply not choose to lock anything to force a fail: "While acquiring a lock, it fails if no object is chosen."

uncle blog fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 18, 2018

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

But they haven't announced the next regional kit yet? If that's the case, maybe they've tripled the amount of content, making sure everybody who participates walks away with something cool.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Thanks for making me feel stupid, but: what's POW?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Same thing with Maul: only available in the Scum kit.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If I have a missile equipped on a turret ship, does that mean that the front arc is now considered a firing arc?

Edit - guess not:
«A ship's FIRING ARCS include all shaded arcs on the ship's ship token plus all arcs, if any.

If an upgrade card gives a ship a arc or primary weapon with a specified arc, those arcs are also firing arcs.»

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I’m so sorry you guys.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

So, what are y'alls plans for card storage in 2.0?

I used several binders in OG. But that was an ever-growing hassle as the game expanded. Not only taking cards in and out, but also rearranging them whenever a certain section needed more space. So my plan now is to simply have them in boxes with dividers, letting me simply flip through them and drop them in when returning cards from a list. Still undecided on what box to buy. After throwing duplicates I only need a single of, and everything I end up with 5+ of from the conversion kits, I'll still probably have around 600 sleeved cards. Looking at this at the moment: https://www.etsy.com/no-en/listing/609399386/card-collection-storage-box-with-slide?ref=shop_home_active_13 The game lets you engrave the top and dividers for a fee it seems. My reservation is that I might quickly grow out of the box. Anybody know the amount of unique cards in 1.0?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

canyoneer posted:

I bought this box. The MTG people say it's great for cube storage, and the latch is good enough that I can haul it around with my sleeved cards without issue.
https://www.amazon.com/KMC-Card-Box-1000/dp/B0007N7P8K/
I like it. Any plans for making dividers with text or logos?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Reminder that turrets (and cannons) now get range bonuses. Seems that’s a thing many people miss.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If I coordinate a Boost action to some ship, and it fails, can that ship still attempt a new boost in its own Action step? Or is the action considered «performed» even if it failed?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Nope! Maximum 1 bonus attack per round.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I just purchased TTS, aiming to get in some more wangs practice. Currently going through a guide to get started, but it seems pretty outdated. Is it correct that in order to import squads you need it written in clear text separated with plus and slashes? So it's not possible to import from YASB?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If I coordinate a ship, and that ship fails its action, do I get to select a new ship to coordinate? The rules are a bit fuzzy.

"While a ship coordinates, the coordinate fails if no friendly ship can be chosen.
◊ If the chosen ship attempts to perform an action but that action fails, the coordinate does not fail."

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Is there a consensus for whether Ten Numb can spend his stress even when he rolls no focus results? There's a rule that you may not spend focus tokens if you don't have any results, and some people seem to think this applies to Ten Numb as well.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Yeah I saw that as well. I still think it could be argued otherwise. In the Gonk example the effect is to "gain one shield", which isn't possible when you're maxed out. While changing all (zero) focus results can still be done. So the question really is what "resolve the effect" means. Part of the effect is spending the token, so the game state will still be changed, whether the dice change or not.
I don't care much either way, I just want the rules to be clear and consistent.

Edit:
Another question: Jake has the ability to trigger of boosts or barrel rolls to do a focus action. He can also do a red boost after an action.
The rules text for red actions says: "After a ship performs a red action, it gains one stress token."
Ship ability says: "After you perform an [boost] action, you may perform a red action."
Pilot ability says: "After you perform a [boost] or [barrel roll] action, you may choose a friendly ship at range 0-1. That ship may perform a action."
So the timing is the same - after you perform an action - in all three instances. Does that mean the player gets to queue them and decide the order, and save the stress for the end? If so it would be possible to do a total of four actions, while also giving one away.

uncle blog fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Napoleon Nelson posted:

In the Ability Queue section of the rules on page 3 it says that if a game effect (getting stress) shares timing with abilities, it happens first. So the stress happens right after the red boost, before his ability would kick in.

I totally missed that. Thanks!