Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I was big into first edition x-wing up until about Scum and Villiany came out and then i ran into employment problems and fell behind by quite a bit, like up until now quite a bit.

I wanna fly some Wangs but i'm still poor and super far behind :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Are Y-Wings and A-Wings any good in 2.0? I loved messing around with ion cannons and my favorite pilot was Tycho in the A-Wing so i was a bit curious they are any better?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

He was PS7 in 1.0, so I4 is reasonable.

Also, the highest PS A-Wing pilot in 1.0 was Tycho at 8, so an I6 pilot would have to be someone new I think.

Speaking of Tycho why did they kill off my favorite pilot? He is nowhere to be found in the Rebel Conversion kit! :(

RIP my stressed out boy may he forever fly circles around TIES in heaven.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Is there any reason at all to keep 1.0 ship dials? Not sure how drastically some dials are changed from 1.0 to 2.0 but now that i've opened up my Rebel kit and got my old collection out i'm seeing a lot extra stuff i may or may not need?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Range zero is only if you happen to bump into sombody right? Not if you happen to fly extremely close but not actually touch bases?

Edit: Additionally, do Firing Arcs have a range limit? Obviously trying to shoot beyond Range 3 in your arc won't work but what about for effects that effect ships "in" your fire arc

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 24, 2018

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Bear Is Driving posted:

Arcs only go to range 3. (rules ref page 3)

Range 0 is only if you are touching, which means under certain circumstances you could not bump another ship but still be at range 0 of it.

Ah good to know! I guess i missed that :doh: with that in mind though, here's a team i threw together randomly to try to get a use out of Kyle and contains 2 of my favorite ships, and a Z-95 :v: Also keeping in mind i'm still new at this.

Kyle Katarn (38)
Elusive (3)
Nien Nunb (5)
Engine Upgrade (3)
Moldy Crow (12)

Jake Farrell (40)
Daredevil (3)
Proton Rockets (7)

Evaan Verlaine (36)
Dorsal Turret (4)
R2-D2 (8)
Veteran Turret Gunner (8)

Lieutenant Blount (30)

Total: 197

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

The idea being that Kyle hands out Focus like candy which Evaan can use to keep herself/somebody else alive, Jake flying around like crazy trying to get Proton Rocket picks and Blount gets to show up because an X-Wing is to expensive :v: Was thinking of switching out Nunb for Jyn Erso for that extra bit of defense with the evades but maybe being able to get rid of stress off of regular banks is good too?

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 24, 2018

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

If you're able to reroll 2 attack dice because of a pilot ability and then you put on Fire Control System, that would allow you to reroll 3 dice total right? There is no extra wording on timing or anything on FCS so I'm just double checking.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Is there something i'm missing or is Han in the Falcon destined to be like Dash where his ability is neat but way to expensive?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Why the hell is it Resistance only and where is my boy Tycho. I guess he actually is dead now :sigh: No love for Rebels...

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I honestly woulden't have minded if the crew from Rogue One would have stuck around to maybe get their own little spin off series and could have been "canon" Wraith Squadron. RO wasen't super fantastic or anything but it introduced new characters and they could have done better from there afterwards.

but nope :sigh: At least they get some representation in the shuttles and upgrade cards? There's that at least.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Maybe a silly question, but say a ship doesn't have the ability to use it's action to focus or evade, but it is given at an evade/focus token through another effect, it can still use those tokens normally for attacking/defending right?

Also while i'm asking questions, is Swarm Tactics able to proc off of using Han's gunner ability? Using Lando for example who shoots at 5, Could i use Swarm Tactics to set whatever other friendly ship to 5 at the beginning of the engagement phase. Then use Han's ability to get my regular attack off at 7, therefor pushing that other ship to 7 as well? Or is the gunner ability specifically just to shoot and therefore would not effect initiative for the other ship like that?

Also since the card doesn't mention it's a bonus attack so it would just be shifting around when my ship shoots? Or it just gets an extra attack at 7? So Lando would get an attack at 7 with Han, and then at 5 when he gets to attack normally?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Ah i see, thanks! Of course it would be the thing i missed at the bottom

Do they update these rule reference files as cards get released and more questions get asked? I feel like that would be an important thing to keep up with.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So there is even less of a chance they reprint A-Wings for Rebel Alliance and bring my boy Tycho back :sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Why does Resistance get all the A-Wing support and why haven't they brought back my good buddy Tycho from 1E yet. My big stressed baby :sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

This game lets you fly around as Series Hero Luke Skywalker and Extended Universe Hero, X-Wing Jesus himself Wedge Antillies. Armada i guess lets you play as Admiral Ackbar for the memes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

1st Edition had the little scenarios used to come with the ships. You could do stuff similar to those.