Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpellingError
May 7, 2014
It's been years since I played and I still have a modest collection of models from the first edition. If I wanted to get back into X-Wing with the second edition and bought the Core Set and the Battle of Yavin Expansion, would I be able to use my old first-edition-models with the cards and templates that come in the BoY-Expansion? Or would I have to get the conversion sets for Rebels and Empire? I never played competitively, just casually with friends and family and am planning to keep it that way.

Sorry, this question has probably already been answered, but at more than 200 pages I just can't find the time to skip through the whole thread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpellingError
May 7, 2014

ro5s posted:

It doesn't look like it comes with dials for all the yavin stuff but the cards and bases will be fine. The dials are slightly different from 1st edition, though for casual playing you could probably just look up the differences.

Thanks for the quick answer. A bit of googling tells me that the basic TIE-Fighter dials have not changed at all. The old edition's Y-Wings are very similar to the current ones and I can get away with using the old T-70 X-Wing dials for the second edition T-65. I might just get a new core box and see what old stuff I can mix in...