Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
The 2.0 T-65 dial has tallon rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyoneer posted:

Also in the TC demo video:

No need to buy cross-faction to access upgrades!

Oh I think I finally understand. Yeah, this is cool. I'm not sure I can keep myself from buying every ship though.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Panzeh posted:

https://imgur.com/a/BcrVtYI

Looks like the T-65 pack(or perhaps that part of the starter) got spoiled, and I like the reworking on the generic astromechs. Generic R2 is a regen mech but with fewer uses than R2D2. R4 is now the mech that provides green maneuvers, and scum and rebels now share astromech slots.

lmao Garvin Dreis can give himself infinite focus tokens (under 1.0 rules, anyway)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

Having jumped into 1e with the TFA starter, I'm excited for all these shiny new changes.

I'm less happy that they haven't changed the dice, but we can't have everything.

What's wrong with the dice?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

banned from Starbucks posted:

They gonna have to jumpstart the gently caress out of FO and Resistance factions. FO has 4 ships and Resistance only has 2. Is it even worth it to them to make conversion kits for a faction with 2 ships? Splitting them off always seemed like a dumb idea esp since Empire and Rebel ships span loving huge amounts of time and EU.

They may be anticipating all the ships we get to see in Star Wars Resistance.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

The biggest issue I have with the dice is that power and accuracy are still linked.

Like, "did I hit" vs. "how hard I hit"?

I guess I'm willing to accept the abstraction, because the alternative would end up making the game a lot more complex and time-consuming for (imho) marginal benefit to realism.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

Right, hitting harder and hitting more often are the same thing.

It's an acceptable abstraction, but it leads to the red die/green die creep that caused 2 die primaries to be utter garbage recently in 1.0.

Power creep would've happened regardless. I mean, TLT is basically separating power and accuracy and it was OP af.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Barrel rolls are straight side to side now, no forward or back. Are there markers on the cardboard, or something else?

Someone else mentioned this, but you just line up your template with the bottom or top of the base and line it up the same on the other side of the roll.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

Also, here's a Reddit post with literally everything we know about 2.0 as of today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8gfnyi/every_scrap_of_info_i_could_find_on_20/

There's a wee bit of author commentary from a notoriously salty poster, but given who it is, I'm surprised at how little there is. This is a good post.

"Rebels unfortunately still have a TIE (Booooo)"

lmao gently caress off, guy

Rebel TIE was one of my favorite things they did in 1.0, and I mostly played Imp/Scum.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Yeah I can't wait to get the app. I hope it comes out before Gen Con.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

I'm realizing that most of us will want the same parts of the Rebel conversion kit, so there's going to be a lot of E-Wing, HWK, K-Wing and Phantom spare parts.

Who knows maybe the E-wing and HWK are going to be the new meta??

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Interesting...

FFG posted:

Certain ships, ship cards, and upgrade cards may rotate in and out of tournament legality, giving the Organized Play team an opportunity to create unforgettable and unique tournaments.

Opening the door for rotation as well

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

Did you miss the part where small ships are now $20? It's the same stealth cost increase GW does

lmao who cares, did you miss the part where they'll be selling cardboard only packs for re-released 1.0 ships?

I have so many plastic spaceships I won't need to buy a full expansion pack for a long time.

Do you also get caremad when you go ice cream shopping and realize that a half-gallon of ice cream isn't a half gallon anymore and they still charge twice as much?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

In case others weren't aware, FFG is streaming Day 1C.

https://www.twitch.tv/ffglive

Currently watching 3x Azituck vs. Yorr/Inqy/QD

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

If the bullseye had inherent bonuses, it might end up causing jousting ships to be overpowered compared to arc dodgers and turret ships who wouldn't be able to get as much benefit because of inherent play style. This way, you need to specifically build to get advantage for it, and other ships can build out other ways to fit their play style.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Recoome posted:

Jeez even back when Horton Salm was a good Y-Wing pilot, I don't think I fired off more than a couple Torps on a Y-Wing.

I maintain Horton is still good. :colbert:

The Rey Horton list is one of my favorite lists.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I'm gonna do one last league for 1.0 and only fly my fun lists that I never got to fly at tournaments because they weren't "competitive" when I was involved.

So, gonna fly interceptors and lots of named pilot b-wings.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’m starting up a Heroes of the Aturi Cluster and will just play that til 2.0. I also hear there’s a fan-made “1.5” that allows you to play with some of the stuff known from the 2.0 demos, so I might go looking for that to practice with.

I'd love to see a new 2.0 Vassal module but maybe won't happen until there's a 2.0 rules ref.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

thespaceinvader posted:

Honestly, I'd be pretty surprised if it's not already in the works, and if it's not going to be out well before the launch date.

Indeed,, I have this vague inling with no particular basis that FFG actually use vassal for playtesting, so I owuldn't be at all surprised if there's a private release of it already.

Yeah that makes sense... I just don't want to get too excited.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Sabine is interesting

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The Moldy Crow... I want to put that in lists now lmao

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

TheCenturion posted:

What’s the Sabine thing?

Sabine crew gets an ion, jam, tractor, and disarm(?) token. When a bomb goes off, she can give out 1 of those tokens (thus that token is gone).

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I think I like the new Sheev. [unlimited range, allow a ship attacking or defending to use Sheev's force token]

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Force Power is a slot?? So, Force Power upgrades??

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I assume someone in here has FLGS experience. I want the new damage deck for pre-ordering. My FLGS didn't know anything about this. What do I need to tell them to make sure I get this?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

The last line from the article about it says

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/upgrade-your-damage-deck/

> Alternatively, you can talk to your local retailer about getting a T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck with your pre-order. Retailers should reach out to their distributors for more information about the T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck.

So basically your retailer has to reach out and make an arrangement. If you feel that's unlikely to pan out, pre-order elsewhere.

Okay, I just sent that article to my FLGS highlighting the end bit there. Hopefully, I can get it. I'd rather support this FLGS but I think they've also complained about how flaky their distributor is, too, so I might be out of luck.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Rhjamiz posted:

Played my first game of X-wing via TTS yesterday, which was I assume 1.0. Had a lot of fun fielding 7 Black Squadron TIE Fighters. Almost won, too. Next time I want to try Phantoms or Interceptors. Interceptors are the coolest TIE.

I'm excited to hear that TIE swarms will be getting some love in 2.0. Sounds expensive to get into fresh tho.

Well you're in luck! There are probably already a bunch of people dumping their collections on ebay or facebook marketplace or whatever, and you can probably get some plastic real cheap, then just augment with the upgrade kit of your choice. ezpz

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’m assuming Wave 2 blisters will have new cards.

That's annoying as I figured I wouldn't have to buy 2.0 re-issues to have a complete set of cards.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Also, just thinking about Han's new ability... he has to reroll ALL dice, not ANY dice. Interesting.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Saturation Salvo is going to be really good. Like a mini pre-nerf Zuckuss.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

As someone who flew super Dash a lot, losing the boost + BR is going to hurt, a lot. I'm hoping the Outrider title is able to make up for it a little bit, but only being able to BR (and a red, at that) is going to make it tough to optimize the Outrider bonuses the way I would want. Oh, and the BR is super restrictive on where you can place, now, so there's that, too.

If anything, I think they're going to have to adjust points down, which could be fun if I can run a fat Dash + Leebo list, but I don't think it would be at all competitive. I feel like any kind of well-piloted ace list would dismantle it.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Do we know what can be done with calculate tokens besides effects from cards?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

TaurusTorus posted:

Still no door gun auxiliary arc :argh:

Don't open the door in space!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Is burnout slam not a thing in 2.0, yet? Love to have that on those Saul Gerrera x-wings and u-wings that have illicit slots.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

Not yet.

Also, here's the list of contents from the rebel conversion kit
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8oyoie/rebel_conversion_kit_contents/

Looks like 1x for every unique card and 2x for every generic card for every card type across the board (pilots, upgrades, etc).

I wish the list had a breakdown of the dials. They broke out the number of loving calculate tokens, but lmao "37 dials". Ok thanks. ffs

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

Uh, we've had that since literally day 1.

Expand the FAQ section and scroll down.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

Oh derp I didn't realize those were dial counts.

That being said, I can understand the saltiness a bit, now. These kits have the bare minimum for FFG to say they supported people's 1.0 collections. I get that they can't include bits for people's 7 TIE/ln swarms, but if you're putting 4 dials in there, at least put 4 Black Squadron pilots or whatever. Feels like good ol' FFG, though.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

TheCenturion posted:

There's a fine line between 'including everything they possibly can' and 'keeping the price at least somewhat sane.' Besides, presumably the core set will have some more pilots, for the TIE/ln at least.

Yeah, that's true. And it's still not super bad, I guess... worst case scenario, I'd need to pick up an a-wing pack and a z-95 pack to get enough generics on the rebel side. Imp side I'll have another core.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

Lando's Falcon for Scum!

Sweet! Note the front launching Falcon they are obscuring the stats for. I am very hype.

:perfect:

I've wanted a scum Falcon for years.

Maybe the escape pod detaches from the model lmao

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

hoiyes posted:

Another thing worth considering is that side arcs are far more difficult to get out of than front arcs. If you've flown Asajj a lot you can be very confident of trapping ships in your mobile arc alot of the time. They've probably toned down the size of the side arcs and evened out the 4 zones to 90 degrees each, but still, it's far easier keeping a side arc in play than a front arc (unless you got dat white sloop barrel roll Dengar :sadwave:)

Looks like white sloops are no longer a thing.

For our last 1.0 league I'm going to run Lone Wolf Dash with Countermeasures so I can get used to running the 2400 without boost. I can't wait for 2.0... gonna Outrider all day erryday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm running Triple Punishers for the lol

hahaha yeah enjoy that while you can