Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Fuuuuck, I was going to sell off my cards this week!

2.0 does look great, but no way I can afford that buy in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

thespaceinvader posted:

The amount of people bitching about conversion kits is hilarious, especially when a lot of them were bitching about the lack of cards-only update kits for the X Wing not a month ago.

I can't think of any better way they could have done it, but as an occasional player with ships in every faction., it's a massive price to ask. I'm casual enough that this probably forces me out. Unless I sell off my rebs and scum, maybe.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

HidaO-Win posted:

It’s a lot more expensive if you play 3 factions, but I imagine the majority of the player base plays 1 and if you want all three you can just space it out.

Based off what? Ffg's whole model has been designed around getting you to buy every faction.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

As a brit-goon it's worse, because conversion rate for hobby-stuff is usually 'price in $ minus 5-10'. As an example, FLGS has starter boxes for £33, compared to $39 for 2.0 starter on FFG. I'd be stunned if we see those conversion boxes for under £40.

e:

JerikTelorian posted:

They said that every upgrade card will appear in every faction so you won't need to buy a Star Viper that sits on your shelf forever just to have a piece of paper that says "Autothrusters", there will be rebel and imperial ships that have it too. You'll be able to own every upgrade just by buying ships of one faction.

For 2.0, sure. But the stuff people have been buying, that they'll need the conversion kits for, is cross-faction.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

No, it isn't. FFG are clearly planning a major profit on this, there's no need to lick their balls for deigning to sell you a fix for the game.

Sure, the game needed fixing, and sure there are more exploitative ways they could have done it, but let's not pretend they're doing us a favour.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I've been trying to work out - a couple of the upgrade cards have the same tokens (the lightning bolts in particular). They say 'spend [bolt] to...', does that mean those are a shared pool? Or is it per card?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Can Vader TL, pop his special to focus->BR? :stonklol:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

£30 for my legit cards takes the sting out a bit, I guess the site I used hasn't adjusted prices yet. The secondary market is going to be weird over the next few months.

For people planning to get the conversion boxes, I'd totally recommend grabbing 'ship only' bits while they're still cheap.

lofi fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 2, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

enigmahfc posted:

The prequels were...movies.

[citation needed]

Some of the art design was pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Huxley posted:

Wait, so that A-wing 2.0 will also ship with an A-wing ONLY conversion kit? What would be in that thing? Just the material from the conversion kit? That plus the 2.0 expansion? Something else entirely?

Well poo poo on me, there goes my objection, then - means my small reb and scum collection don't need a giant box of crap I don't need. :toot: