Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

[*]T-65 X-Wings have Talon Rolls on their dial, and more greens.

blues :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They gonna have to jumpstart the gently caress out of FO and Resistance factions. FO has 4 ships and Resistance only has 2. Is it even worth it to them to make conversion kits for a faction with 2 ships? Splitting them off always seemed like a dumb idea esp since Empire and Rebel ships span loving huge amounts of time and EU.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Since the official New App is gonna be basically required (and free) and the cards will have 0 points costs printed on them I wonder if they'll eventually just let us print lists off the App and bring it to tournaments instead of 30 different cards.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

There is absolutely no chance they won't make you bring all the cards for tournaments above seasonal kit level. Organised Play is a pure marketing tool, taking the marketing aspect out of it is flat out not gonna happen.

How would that take the marketing aspect out? You still need to buy the ships in the first place. Nobody buys this game because of the sweet upgrade card art. I've literally never seen any judge or TO walk around to make sure cards were legit and not xeroxed copies so they couldnt care too much about it. Plus they just increased to the size of every upgrade to regular card size. So if you thought some stores had space issues before..... Good luck finding space for that 10 upgrade Myranda or whatever the 2.0 equivalent is.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, a lot of this will be contingent on what the new ships will look like, dial and upgrade-wise.

You know, I'm a little surprised they never errata'd Corran to receive a Weapons Disabled token when he double taps.

It wouldnt do anything because weapons disabled tokens go away at the end of the round.

My hope is that the E-wing 2.0 isnt a total pile of poo poo

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Vessery with swarm leader? The evade eating one
Ryad x7
Ps1 defender x7

Roll dice win game

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I think I'm just gonna stop until 2.0 is out. I dunno when store champ are supposed to start. Maybe ill gently caress around with them for a bit but ugh this meta..... I have like no desire to really play any 1.0 stuff anymore besides a few Poe lists I'll never get to fly again.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

Honestly, I'd be pretty surprised if it's not already in the works, and if it's not going to be out well before the launch date.

Indeed,, I have this vague inling with no particular basis that FFG actually use vassal for playtesting, so I owuldn't be at all surprised if there's a private release of it already.

It was basically don't ask don't tell for a while then it was a hard No.

What do they really need to change for vassal? It already has an auto bump feature. The dice are the same the template are the same and the stat values are all added manually.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Just spoil everything so I can proxy until it comes out. 4 months is a long time to still be playing busted rear end 1.0

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What happens if the YV that can fly off the board is the only ship left for that player. Does "in reserve" have a special meaning?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

Am I the only one not able to spot where on the cards it tells you what upgrades they can take? Is it on the reverse side somewhere?

Its not on the cards anymore. That and point costs are all done through the app now.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope there's still an Outrider title that does something even if the old was is baked in to all 2400s.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Nope not a thing from any store.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Just have it so when you print your squad sheet a QR code is printed with it so as a player I can just scan your list and see it's legit in like 5 seconds. And I can keep track of your upgrades during the game without having to ask "what's on that ship again?"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If you search K&J magnets and xwing something will pop up with the right sizes for the ring magnets. poo poo I think K&J even have an xwing section in their site. The balls are just any old BBs you can buy by the thousand.

Order more than you think you'll need. I ordered 10 and instantly regretted not getting more since I use them for stuff like rotating cannons and poo poo too

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 22, 2018

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

HOwl's still in AND her ability now works on herself as well as her friends!!

Serrisu better get the same treatment otherwise lol

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Theres no way a YT-2400 deserves to be over 100 points...even Dash. People are seriously misremembering what wave 1-3 was like. 4 dice with a focus or naked if you need to roll is over half your list? Get real.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

hoiyes posted:

Umm classic dash was like 58 points for a long time and people paid the price willingly because he was a monster. I don't really consider Dash to have been nerfed in any way for 2.0, losing two arcs for dice in the donut is probably an even trade, and the new outrider title is bloody good. Furthermore, they're really cranking up the premium on ace-level pilots. Maybe Leebo will be sub-100, but if you expect the new Dash build to be less than 100, you're going to be disappointed.

Yes people paid 58 points because (at one time) you got 58 points worth of a power boost that made him good. Other ships are getting their old upgrades baked in i seriously doubt theyre points are gonna skyrocket that high

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Luke gunner at 30 seems kinda ridiculous tbh. I think theyre falling into the same trap they did post wave 3 where they got so affraid of B-wing efficiency they priced the E-wing and defender into uselessness. At least this time they can adjust bad prices faster.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

3+ interceptor squads is all im asking. God i love interceptors

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

People aren't going to care if a card is considered a crutch or not. If it's easy to use and gets wins because you can just autopilot your list for 7 rounds people are going to use it. Miranda is a crutch pilot for bad players and shockingly one of the most played ships in existence.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It's because Jax flys a flashy red whip and when you get too close to him you focus only on all the kill streaks he's painted on the side of his ship.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Fuuuuuuck thats cool. I want one.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Optimized prototype is odd in that you want it on something that's going to shoot first (to strip shields, and not be wasted if something else strips them first) but you prob also want it on your least threatening ship to draw hate away from something more important (like Wampa did in the old ImpAssholes list)

I'd say put it on either a generic PS6 defender or Countdown. Countdown with OP is annoying enough that you'd want to kill him first bit his ability ensures they waste at lease 1 attack a round.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I wonder how bad a Lothal Rebel with 3 crackshot X-wings would be. I kinda just wanna do dumb jank poo poo for Store champs

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

wonder how bad this is

Scarif Base Pilot (22)
ISB Slicer (2)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Advanced Ailerons (0)

Scarif Base Pilot (22)
ISB Slicer (2)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Advanced Ailerons (0)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Director Krennic (5)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 99

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

this seems fun

Wedge Antilles (29)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Renegade Refit (-2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Wes Janson (29)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Renegade Refit (-2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Airen Cracken (19)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

canyoneer posted:

That looks gnarly and fun. Get the Bandit firing harpoons at PS8 with focus/TL? Sweet.

With the swarm chain they all shoot at PS9!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Funzo posted:

I'm working up a list for Gen Con, and I've decided I want to fly Lone Wolf Dash with Rey crew. What do I pair it with? The obvious answer is probably Miranda, but with this being the Summer of Jank, I'm also thinking of using a pair of T-65s with Renegade refit/servo S-foils/Flight-assist astromech/integrated astromech. The other, possibly dumber option is a pair of TLT Y-wings. Any thoughts?

There's a lot of aces with krennic and palp and poo poo out there as well as people doing the 4-5 xwing type lists so you're best bet is prob bomb miranda. But...that's not really jank

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Maybe its just me but ive already mostly lost interest in squad building. I think they went too far with making upgrades mediocre/bad. Like i've played wave 3-4 already where everyone just ran efficient generics, (the 3B 2A wave) it wasnt that interesting. Theres gotta be some kinda middle ground between this and Expertise/K2/Dengar

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Raged posted:

Does anyone have a link to a list of how many generic pilots are in the kits? My google foo is failing me.

heres the rebels
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8oyoie/rebel_conversion_kit_contents/

empire but its kinda blurry
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8wj2xt/bomb_and_mine_tokens_will_not_be_included_in_the/

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They prob could have done it like Armada if all they did was add blue or black dice without changing the current reds. But changing the dice we currently have in any way would have hundreds of people screaming "muh regional/worlds dice!!" Esp the ones who ebayed them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

that sounds awful why would anyone want to play in that. "sick of 1.0 yet? heres the absolute worst cesspit of 1.0!"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

I put together a second edition Rebel alpha strike list. It rolls up to 20 red dice in a round, all at I6, with mods on all but one shot, and double mods on most. The trick is you need to aim for range 2 to make the most of it.

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel%...a%20Strike&obs=

im pretty sure Swarm Tactics is gonna be the mvp talent of the new edition.

at least until they cave and add more power creep cards

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Composure is going to be the first to get a price increase I bet. It's basically a free no stress PTL on Ewings, interceptors or anything that can link into a TL action.

Corran boosts into r1, fails his linked TL (or TL an asteroid on the other side of the map if you're something else) then get a focus.

Interceptors can do the same as long as they have a blocked BR or boost option after autothrustering.

Either that or errata it into giving you a stress.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Strobe posted:

I'm like 80% sure that failing a red action still gets you the stress from a red action (which would prevent you from using the free action from Composure in the first place) and that this isn't an an issue in the first place.

Especially since I'm pretty sure for a TL, you measure to figure out what's in range, then pick something in range. You literally can't fail a TL if you're within range 3 of something. Failing actions is more for boosts and barrel rolls.
I

That's what I thought too but someone said according to the rules you can apparently choose nothing when attempting a TL?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

My favorite list name was FenZukman because it told you all you needed to know

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Has anyone been watching the Nationals stream at Nova? Is there anything interesting being played or just nonstop double reaper ace?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I expect big ships will get a price reduction. No one really seems impressed with them enough to play more than 1 or 2 test games. Palp shuttle obv will always be a staple but besides that scum falcon seems to the only semi popular option and Dash, while scary on paper, is such a point hog he hemorrhages 60-70 points if you even look his way and has extremely limited wingman options. The fly off the board YV666 looks interesting but scum seems so meh to me I really dont feel like getting their conversion box.

Maybe people are just focused on the swarm return though and once they realize they don't want to have to fly a swarm 10+ hours at a tournament the lazy big ship lists will return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

guts and bolts posted:

Tonight I brought:
"Whisper" Hates Dee Yun (52)
Juke (4)
Darth Vader (14)

Soontir Fel Hates Dee Yun (52)
Juke (4)

Lieutenant Sai (47)
Director Krennic (5)
Admiral Sloane (10)
ST-321 (6)

Total: 194

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Played this tonight and drat after 3 games my head was swimming trying to remember all the triggers. It was more exhausting than a swarm. I completely forgot to use the Coordinate to soontir - thrusters off that, do a green, do 2 more actions thing. I think Sloane might be the weakest link (at least for me. Im gonna try Ciena) Whats your deployment like? I think im gonna castle Whisper and Sai together with soontir in the opposite corner. Whisper seems to need the Coordinate babysitting more and without the initial castle Sai risks bad engagements. I wanna try it again for sure it def has potential although I really fear high HP generic swarms.