Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

Played my first 2 games of x-wing in like 9 months tonight. Felt good to be back on the table, even if I was bumping all over the place, out of position, and generally fumbling around with my TIEs as they failed to land shots or evade anything :unsmith:

What is a TIE fighter but a miserable pile of misses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

dialhforhero posted:

Hi, I just bought this as I always wanted to try it but I guess I accidentally bought the first edition core set.

Am I hosed? I already opened it and popped the tokens out. Are these completely unusable now if I were to ever “expand”?

"hosed" is probably too strong of a term, but that is sub-optimal.

You could buy the proper edition and the models are still good between the two, though the maneuver dials aren't the same between the two editions for all ships.

There are conversion kits that come with basically everything but the model, but I don't think there are any that are just the starter set.