Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
This is so rad. I'm anxious with anticipation and also completely uninterested in any of the x-wing meta happenings between now and then :v:

For those like me who got into X-Wing ~7 waves deep, it feels like a chance to get in on the ground floor of the game and start over entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Also in the TC demo video:

quote:

"Before buying those kits, you need to understand one critical change that we were excited to learn about with factions in Second Edition. If you buy all of the products for a single faction, you will have access to the full range of pilots and upgrades usable for that faction. No more buying ships from other factions in order to get the upgrades that you need! This means that you will need to buy one Conversion Kit for each faction you intend to fly."

No need to buy cross-faction to access upgrades!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Panzeh posted:

https://imgur.com/a/BcrVtYI

Looks like the T-65 pack(or perhaps that part of the starter) got spoiled, and I like the reworking on the generic astromechs. Generic R2 is a regen mech but with fewer uses than R2D2. R4 is now the mech that provides green maneuvers, and scum and rebels now share astromech slots.

They gave those out to all the lucky fish who went to the hyperspace report.

I also love the new default dial covers now. They look like helmets :3:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

uncle blog posted:

So I guess the bullseye arc no longer has any inherent effect? It was ignored in the Covenant game.

Guess not. But Crack Shot and Marksmanship reference it

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I'm glad that all the mini american cards are gone. Those things were a kind of a pain to sleeve/store compared to the zillion products made for standard sized cards

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I really like how they're handling the conversion kits. Here are some thoughts why.

Some people bought into X-Wing wide, buying a single copy of most new releases across all factions. Some people bought into x-wing deep into a faction (there are some local players I know who are exclusive to a single faction, and many many more who are nearly exclusive to a faction). In the old days, it really sucked to have to buy a Starviper to get Autothrusters or a Kihraxz to get Crack Shot.

I've bought one of every release thus far (except the upsilon and rebel tie), and I've bought extra copies of just a few ships. Like, less than 5 duplicates. So, for me, one copy of each conversion pack is going to get almost all of my collection playable. I think I'll be short only one TIE Defender and an X-Wing. Remember, you will need a new 2.0 damage deck and will get two tie fighters and an x-wing in the new core set.

If you bought deep into a faction, with 2 or more of almost every ship, you'll need extra conversion kits to make them all day 1 playable. But I expect you'll want to re-buy the new releases as they get released anyway, because there will be new upgrades.

But now is the best time to convert to playing a single faction, especially since you don't need to buy cross-faction for upgrades.

Really, I think this was handled in the best way possible.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

This allows them to sell reprints and 1.0 stuff until it's rereleased in 2.0. It's not like on September 13 all the 1.0 expansions are worthless, things like the ARC-170 is still worth buying because it hasn't been rereleased yet.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I expect people will split out their conversion kits, so you can get that extra x wing, B Wing or A wing without a whole new kit

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

So, we know that there will be 5 factions in this game very shortly (because resistance/FO are being spun out).
To me, that opens up two interesting possibilities:
1. Cross faction ship sharing. We already have this with rebel/scum overlap, but I expect we'll see it with Rebel/Resistance ships and Imperial/FO ships too. And with the points/upgrades behind the app, they can provide dynamic costing/balancing for ships crossing factions. I like that.
2. Clone/separatist faction possibilities. The prequels don't hold a special place in my heart, but some of the ships are cool looking.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Obama 2012 posted:

Action: Shout ‘Wahoo!’, then discard 2 dignity tokens...

Can I get these in acrylic?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Reinforce is now front or rear, on any ship that can take it (no longer firing arc).
It now blocks a single damage directionally, but if hit, a minimum of 1 will get through. So if you have 1 hit vs. a reinforced ship, it will still take 1 damage.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

This is fantastic news.

Yeah, in the stream "there will be an upgrade path for everything. you will not need to buy plastic to access new content"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

One of the local colorblind guys is thrilled about the dial changes, but wants different colors for dice too. That seems manageable though.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

Speaking on Y-Wangs, is that a new sculpt I see? It looks beefier and the turret is more pronounced.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

They also said they're resculpting the TIE Silencer because they got the scale all jacked up, having limited access to it before the film dropped

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

How many Droid pilots are there? IGs and 4-LOM and?

An entire Separatist faction, perhaps!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

hoiyes posted:

The absolute best change is Blinded Pilot. It just means your next attack you can't modify dice, other than using the force! Balanced and Thematic!

indeed!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Stream said the only two ships that haven't had dials changed are the TIE fighter and the Lambda.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

Yeah, the Silencer is getting a brand new physical model, which will be more inline with the size of an Interceptor. They got bad measurements when they were doing the original sculpt, so it's just wildly oversized.

Here's me looking at my Kimogilia and Silencer sealed in their boxes and sighing. Still super happy about 2E.

It's pretty nice too that with the extra damage deck from preordering, I essentially have a second tournament kit ready to go.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Wapole Languray posted:

I wish I could just reset my collection or at least get rid of my scum ships but idk. Hopefully this doesn't kill the clscene around here because O have drat near every ship in the game now.

I bet you could sell those scum ships. Especially if you get the preorder to get the extra damage deck, it's essentially a 90% starter set for someone with the conversion kit.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Thane looks really, really annoying.

Yeah, seems really swell, especially on ships with a lot of hull and damage cards or situationally on a ship that you already know is hiding a nasty crit. Like the new direct hit, a free damage!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Oh man he could flip that one direct on every attack. That's gross.

Thane is gonna be a murder machine!

If someone is sitting on a direct hit, Thane becomes essentially a better first edition Wampa. Cancel a crit, hit or focus result to deal another facedown damage, and you still have a chance to hit with the rest of your roll :v:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I was just thinking today that the day is coming soon when I label a box "X-WING 1E STUFF" and throw all the old pilot tokens, cards, dials, damage decks, and tokens in it. It will live in my closet for years.

This feels weird.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Holy crap. A Polish distributor leaked some info. I guess I'll spoiler it.
From reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8gprbx/card_spoilers_from_polish_distributor_rough/

Rough translation: Soontir Fel - if at the beggining of combat phase in your (bulls-eye arc) <...> enemy ship, you may get <...> focus.

Oicunn - <...> attacks using primary weapon <...> range 0.

Emperor Palpatine - When another friendly ship is defending, you may spend your force token as if this friendly ship just spent a force token.

Ruthlessness - known

Lambda title - <...> (coordinate icon), you may <...> in range 0-3 <...> by you <...> if you decide to do so, you may get a target lock on any enemy ship ignoring range restrictions.

Luke Skywalker - at the beggining of combat phase you may spend 1 force token to rotate your secondary firing arc.

Jyn Ers0 - <...> ship in range 0-3 <...> focus token <...> it may <...> get 1 evade token.

Ghost - same text as original

Han Solo - When rolling dice, if you're in range 0-1 from an obstacle, you may reroll all of your dice. It is not treated as a reroll for a purpose of other effects. (he's amazing!)

Ezra - same text as original, but ghost coordinate passive is printed as his second ability

Han's new ability and Luke the gunner card (NOT CREW!) both sound pretty great
Here's the money quote though:

quote:

Addictional info. Each conversion set contains 170 upgrade cards and 100 pilot cards. Also 4 medium bases and a ton of tokens.
Hot dog, that's a lot of content.

Also, do we care about spoiler tags in this thread for upcoming releases?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I hope this person's tester feedback is ignored.

I have a strong feeling that they may not actually be a tester.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Miniature Market has a Star Wars sale going on today for 4 hours. All their stuff is about 20% off MSRP all the time, and it's an extra 4% off for a few more hours :toot:

x-wing stuff
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/sea...atures%2FX-Wing

All star wars stuff
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchresults?q=star+wars#/?_=1&filter.stock_status=In%20Stock&page=1

Edit:
Looks like it includes the 2.0 core set and the conversion kits. The conversion kits would be $38.40/each instead of $50, with free shipping.
HMMM

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 4, 2018

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Strobe posted:

Ion Cannon Turret Y-wings are going to be loving disgusting against big ships unless I'm missing something big. Reinforce doesn't block ion tokens and can't reduce the damage below 1, each ion cannon can now put out multiple ion tokens, and when a ship is ionized it can only take a focus action - no changing the mobile arc.

Takes 3 tokens to ionize big ships now. And also, ion Cannon turret now works so that the first hit deals a damage, and every subsequent hit deals an ion token instead.
Also, did I see that ionizing lets the ionized ship choose 1 straight or banks?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I'm so excited for the big sized promo damage deck that I ordered some out of print FFG sleeves for it.

Check out that A-Wing blowing up the interceptor, something nearly impossible in 1.0

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Raged posted:

That kid flying the control BroBots is flying like a daemon.

That really was an excellent game. Has that 1 straight template been the right length, I bet the bomber would have been ionized off.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/7/be-the-spark/

Those double sided BB-8 templates are AMAZING

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Funzo posted:

Looking forward to getting my Vader card before losing 3 games in a row and dropping to go play something else.

Has registration already happened for that?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Funzo posted:

For the North American championship at Gen Con? Yes, it opened Sunday. There were still slots open last I checked.

Thanks for this. Now I walk down the same decision tree as always happens when I consider travelling for x-wing.

OK, flights are going to be $350.
Hotel will probably be about that much again, if I can find someone to split with.
Registration is $20, and I'll need to take one or two vacation days.
So I'm looking at $700 and a couple vacation days to play x-wing for a weekend.

And then every time I decide I'd rather spend the $700 and 2 vacation days on a different vacation :shrug:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

If only there were a way to get more copies of all the stuff, but of course, FFG prevents you from buying a second conversion kit or trading materials with other people.

It is truly an unsolvable problem. :v:

The funny thing is that the dude locally who is the most vocally upset about 2E is a guy who is EXCLUSIVELY an Imperial player. As in, has never bought a non-Imperial ship, but has instead bought the piecemeal upgrades he needs from other ships. (like autothrusters before the Silencer was released, harpoon missiles, crack shot, etc.)

But in the bright new future, he can just buy a core set, one or two empire conversion kits and then NEVER AGAIN have to buy upgrades on the secondary market that exclusively come with other faction expansions. He should be most thrilled about this!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Do you happen to live somewhere near a reasonable highway route between Tulsa, OK and Indianapolis? I'm working together a carpool group and I'll probably have at least one extra seat.

Naah, Phoenix. Moved away from Oklahoma in 2007. I appreciate the offer though :)

AndyElusive posted:

Then what he's the most upset about was all the poo poo he decided to put himself through as a grown rear end man chasing down tiny cards in order to attain that perfect and elusive Imperial meta in a game involving small toy plastic space ships.

He has no one to be angry at than himself.

The guy buys SO MUCH extra x-wing stuff too. Extra templates, dial covers, custom painted ships, acrylics for everything, unofficial alt-arts, etc. It's nuts.
He's a nice guy and I always enjoy my games with him, but he's definitely something of an odd bird.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I wonder if we'll get one last 1.0 FAQ with the release of Wave 14. Sort of a last hurrah and example of why 2.0 is needed.

Attack timing chart goes away, all effects are considered simultaneous and settled by initiative order, all errata goes away, and TLT is now a 0 point upgrade (so you can run 5 Y-Wings with them now)

I expect they will though. I think the Star Wars LCG got a final FAQ before Worlds (and they are still going to have NA/Euro champs for it)

AndyElusive posted:

Ya there's definitely nothing wrong with spending money how they see fit in respects to Wang, it's just the childish reaction to the update that's insufferable.

They chose to dump that much expendable money when they embraced the hobby, especially on that much extra poo poo that no one actually needs to enjoy the game, seemingly aware of what they were buying into. Then to turn around and be outraged like they've been done wrong by FFG because of the 2.0 update? Get hosed, you manchildren.

Yeah. This dude dumped a TON of money into the game, but I'd charitably estimate that at most 1/3rd of it went to FFG for sealed retail stuff.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What's the scene like in AZ? I just moved out to the Grand Canyon to work for the Park Service, and while I'm under no illusions about how often I'll actually be able to get in games without driving an obscene amount, it would be nice to stop by an event or two while I'm here.

It's really good.
Phoenix area has a pretty big group and is the epicenter of the community (conveniently centrally located!)
Join the X-Wing Miniatures Phoenix Squadron group. We have 1,000 members, and there are two stores with standing monthly kit tournaments (one on Saturday, one on Sunday).
Last year we had... 3? regionals in the Phoenix area, and the system open. The regionals had 80+ people, and great prize support beyond the OP kit. I expect we'll get another system open next season. Our godfather here is big in the judging/event scene and real tight with the designers, FFG OP and Cascade Games.

I know that we also have people in Flagstaff and Prescott. Flagstaff has a facebook group with 40 people in it, but it looks like half of them are Phoenix people. I know they have a store up there that supports X-Wing pretty well and runs events. I've played a few of the Prescott/Flagstaff guys in events, and they've all been really great dudes. Not too far if you're on the South Rim.

Tucson has a pretty good group too, and despite being a lot smaller they are really active with leagues and such. They come up to Phoenix for store champs and regionals, and there are some really great players there.

Definitely join the annual Phoenix Squadron Championships later this year if your schedule allows. That's always a great time. ~120 players in 4 player pods split geographically, round robin 2 games to each opponent, which feeds into a bracketed double-elimination 32 player final. Really fun.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I've had a guy in a tournament tell me before the round began that he grabbed the wrong model, and was using a T-65 in place of a Z-95.
I said OK, and neither of us had a problem with it. Like most things, if you're up front about it and not being sneaky, it shouldn't be a problem.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Reason #341 I am excited for X-Wing 2.0:
It is easier than ever to proxy any of the Wave 1-13 ships in casual play. Don't have two Ghosts? That's OK, the conversion kit has the cardboard and dials you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Yes.
Me, not a comics person, enjoyed the Poe Dameron comics