Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

Completely unrelated, anyone interested in splitting some of the conversion kits?

If I buy into this I'm going to have a bunch of Rebel and Imperial EU ship conversion ingredients I'm not gonna want. That's my big uncertainty here, is whether to fork over $50 for Conversion Kits that are loaded with material for ships I don't and won't own. I'd love to sell off the EU ship materials to someone to defray costs.

Of course this is all many months in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Be careful of the line between observing that the Conversion Kits are probably the best we could realistically hope for and defending a corporation.

Anyway, if I could indulge in a bit of theorizing, maybe someone in this thread would be open to feeling out a kit-splitting deal with me?

I'd buy 1 Rebel Kit and 1 Imperial Kit. I would not want the following dials+bases+pilot cards:

Rebel:
1 - ARC 170 (I own 1, so 1 dial+base spare, keeping pilot cards)
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II (I don't even know what these two ships are, like, even remotely)
2 – U-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Imperial:
1 - TIE Interceptor (for this and the Bomber, I only own two models, so a spare dial+base)
1 - TIE Bomber
3 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle (not EU but I have a vendetta)
3 – TIE Aggressor
2 – TIE Defender
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker (also not EU but never got one, won't now)
2 – VT-49 Decimator

That's 23/37 Rebel kits and 24/34 Imperial kits I wouldn't want. I would be keeping all the upgrade cards, though, unless the two kits together seem to give you an unnecessary number of something. Would someone consider it fair to buy the above kit lists for half a Conversion Kit's price, as those are more than half of the particular kits but I'd keep the upgrades? I'd also be open to adjusting the deal a bit to get Slave I and Y Wing Scum dials+bases, those being my only Scum ships, or to get more X Wing, B Wing, and TIE Fighter dials+bases (will be missing 1 or 2 of each to achieve perfect match to my models).

I feel like there's no harm in talking about it now. Nobody's signing a contract or nothin' and if I or another party back out before release there should be plenty of opportunity to adjust plans.

edited: I forgot I don't have 3x Ints or Bombers, could spare some more dials+bases

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 2, 2018

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Huxley posted:

This is the kind of post that, in September, there's a reasonable chance I would offer you $10 for you to mail me the Defenders and an ARC (but I would probably beg you for one pilot card and base, just so I could fly the thing).

If you're just gauging what interest may look like in practice.

Haha OK let's stay on mutual radar. To clarify I didn't mean just dials, I'd part with dials, bases, pegs, and pilot cards for the unloved ships. Only with the ARC 170, TIE Int, and TIE Bomber would I keep pilot cards and send off excess dials, bases, and pegs. I bet at a minimum I'd have spare generic pilot cards to send your way :)

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

So, we know that there will be 5 factions in this game very shortly (because resistance/FO are being spun out).
To me, that opens up two interesting possibilities:
1. Cross faction ship sharing. We already have this with rebel/scum overlap, but I expect we'll see it with Rebel/Resistance ships and Imperial/FO ships too. And with the points/upgrades behind the app, they can provide dynamic costing/balancing for ships crossing factions. I like that.
2. Clone/separatist faction possibilities. The prequels don't hold a special place in my heart, but some of the ships are cool looking.

Hey you're right. Dynamic balancing to allow for faction context is a super neat idea. And I'd also not really mind seeing prequel content. I own an ARC 170 because it was in the prequels. TBH I'm still kind of surprised FFG went to 2.0 before dipping into prequels - with every stretched EU nonsense Wave released I was sure they'd be forced to do Republic and Separatist material.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

hoiyes posted:

The upside of this is that there'll be spare damage decks going around for even the poorest players who want to get in on 2.0.

Yeah this is very interesting. Is it true that, to our best current knowledge, the only thing a 1.0 player NEEDS from the 2.0 Core is the Damage Deck? And I could therefore avoid a 2.0 Core if I got one elsewhere?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah what Huxley said. I'm Ebenezer Scrooge thinking here, Monty Burns finger-tapping, thinking that I could buy two Conversion Kits, sell the half of them that I don't need, avoid a Core and then scoop a damage deck somewhere, and thereby convert the game as I play it to 2.0 for about $50 total.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm put off that the bullseye arc doesn't do anything innately. Really diminishes its impact on encouraging maneuver. But hey, so long as 360 degree arcs are D E D dead.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ack I slept on this and didn't realize 2.0 was out. Is there someone in the California Bay Area to Modesto / Merced regions who'd be interested in splitting Rebel and Imperial conversion kits with me? I'd be uninterested in essentially all ship cards and parts pertaining to EU ships.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hi X-Wing goons. I'm extremely late to the party but I finally got conversion kits for Rebellion and Empire and a 2e core set. However, I am still personally disinterested in any ship that didn't appear in the movies (don't @ me).

Thus I have a large number of dials and cards that are of no interest to me. Most of the conversion kits really :downs:. Would any goons be interested in making a deal? I'd be looking to lose every component from the conversion kits other than those for XABY-wings, the Falcon, Sabine's TIE, and the ARC-170 on the Rebel side. Everything other than TIE Fighter/Bomber/Interceptor, Vader's TIE, and Lambda shuttle on Imperial side.

Hey waitaminute the Empire can't use Fett any more?

Note: I do not own models to match the component kit parts listed, so I'm not offering models (unless I have more X Wings and TIE fighters than a single squad can hold right now after getting the new core, haven't checked). It's really just the dials and cards and whatever from the conversion kits. Again I know I'm really late to this and you're probably all supplied, but I'm willing to let the items go very cheap or in trade for some more dials and stuff for the ships I like.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ugly John posted:

The TIE Striker, Reaper, and the YT-2400 all appeared in the movies pretty much as long as the TIE Bomber did (all it really did was bomb an asteroid)

Y'know striker is a good point and I do kind of like the way they look. What's the reaper? And remind me where YT 2400 was (special edition maybe)?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
So I'm not a S&V player and I'm kind of put off that apparently the Empire can't field Slave I any more. Is there a rule that lets S&V ships hire out to the other factions? It would be thematic. I know I can simply play whatever I want at my home table (and I will) but I'm curious for official support.

Hey ConfusedUs a new player to 2e who's dealing with the explosion in official factions wouldn't mind hearing thoughts on what each faction's gameplay identity is :)

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
My brain was having a hard time seeing the LAAT as the thing from the finale of Episode 2 and I realize it's because the mini doesn't have the clone trooper bubble turrets. I suppose those would have been a tough modeling job but I'm still kind of bummed.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Speaking of, what do you guys think of Reinforce actions? They weren't accessible to me when I fell out of 1e. Good use of an action? Good on 1 AGI ships only?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was tickled to see Angled Deflectors as a mod because you know "angle the deflector shields" from The Movies but with a -1 shield penalty it looks pretty bad. I'd try it on a Y or B wing I guess.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah, and there's the cost of taking the action, as you said. I appreciate it; my question was about the action where it's innate to ships and where it's on that mod. I may yet buy something that can innately do it.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yoda flew a fighter plane? And is it me or is there something wrong looking compared to the others about his ship?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
FFG missing a chance to print an entirely different model and include a Yaddle pilot card huh smh

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm actually pretty stoked for this new toy. It looks like an Interceptor on meth if it's a highly maneuverable ship with "power surge" options from its Force-user pilots. I love "burst of power" options in games. And it's one of the best looking prequel ships IMO.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've wanted to try a new mode of XWing where the victory condition is destroying (200 or whatever) points' worth of opponents and players can respawn ships so there's stuff fighting and fighting and fighting all the time until someone collects the winning total. My first thought was this would be a great way to do 3 man+ XWing. Give each player control over exactly one ship, let that player deploy whatever for that one ship, and when he dies he can respawn as whatever he pleases. Ideally there'd be a tension between being the most pimped out super ace ship imaginable and putting a giant "I am worth a huge portion of your victory threshold" sign on your back.

I noticed this idea first in an old Gundam PS2 game, probably lots of video games have done it (like maybe so many it's laughable I don't know them but I don't play FPS which I imagine is most likely to have done this). I haven't thought this through much or ever tried it but I keep idly considering it. Maybe it could be applied to 1v1 games.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I return after getting over my shame at being an idiot who never read about Escalation in the manual.

Would anyone here be interested in some dealings?

I'd like the Aethersprite from Guardians of the Republic, the Y Wings from Fugitives and Collaborators, and the Interceptors from Skystrike Academy, and of course their relevant pilot cards and such. I have no interest in the other ships involved however. Would anyone be down to negotiate a split purchase of any of those?

I also have a bunch of parts from the 2e conversion kits for Rebel and Empire I don't want. In a nutshell, anything pertaining to a ship that wasn't in Episodes 1-6 is uninteresting to me, and I have it to trade or sweeten the above pack-splitting deal or sell or whatever. That means maneuver dials and ship cards and etc for TIE Phantoms and K Wings and whatever the heck.

Little misalignments between the kits and what I owned in 1e also mean I also have a couple extra bits and bobs for movie ships like a spare TIE Bomber dial and spare TIE interceptor dial (forget what else atm) and I have some unwanted minis: 2 extra XWings, an extra BWing, an extra TIE fighter, a Slave I, and two unwanted sequel Xwings (one of em Poe paint job) and three unwanted sequel TIE fighters, all 1e sculpts.

And I guess I have a crapload of leftover 1e bits and bobs but I guess interest in that is probably low. All for movie ships only.

I'm in the Sacramento to Bay Area region of CA, open to deals involving shipping if necessary.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't understand why is FFG printing more squadron packs and stuff. I thought XWing was going over to Atomic Mass games.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
No, I've been spending money on 2.0, which is the single surest factor leading to the announcement of 3.0 any moment now.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I don't think the upgrade kits left anyone perfectly happy. I have some unusable minis because there weren't enough dials to match them all, and I have a bunch of dials for ships that mean nothing to me. There's not really any mix of dials they could have put in the kits that wouldn't have upset someone, though.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I would certainly agree X-Wings in particular should have been 3x in the kit. They're the name of the game and people were more likely to have 3 or more of those than many other ships because buying multiple cores for dice and efficient $ rates on minis was common (I did).

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
My Imperial kit came with a fairly low number of shield tokens. It was a slight issue until I bought a few Republic ships and now I'm swimming in all kinds of token.

And yeah actually no joke the harm of having excess X wing minis went down a lot smoother when I realized new minis would have sweet, sweet movable foils. Though having bought Saw's Renegades for sake of a cool paint job on a movable-wing mini I'm kinda let down - this early 2.0 X Wing has a lot of resistance in the wings. I force em open and they kinda drift back to a droopy half-closed.

Overall I'm trying to maintain restraint in buying new minis because I'm wary of a 3.0 screwing with me again. I'm not going to let myself buy 3 Actis just to run in to a conversion kit with 2 Actis component sets, no matter how much I want to fly all three now...

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I expect they're gonna release more "aces packs" as the best way to sell us ships we already have over again. I learned my lesson from 1.0 and I won't be buying tons of copies of ships now because I want to have "room" for their inevitable aces versions. The Actis, for example, has just gotta get printed in Anakin's yellow paint scheme some time soon...

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I play at home exclusively because I roll my dice by swishing them around in my mouth and horking out the roll and I'll not let a mask stop me.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

polynominal-c posted:

They bend the same way that the Starviper wings move. Once.

There was this clown on Reddit who posted "PSA: the new Phoenix Squad A Wings have reversible guns! But they're pretty tough to move and poorly made because mine broke off after a couple reverses, so be careful guys" and first response was "they aren't reversible you just broke your minis" to which OP said "I could swear they rotate though" and got a "dude anything rotates with sufficient torque" and that's my run-on sentence story and I think OP was a hero.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm very sorry to hear that. But as any RPG veteran should tell you, no gaming is better than bad gaming.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
The new bumping rules are or are not presently in effect? The rules reference I pulled off AMG's website says effective 10/12/21 and contains bumping as it's always been.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Cool, thanks. Also I still have the following minis, with associated cards and bases and stuff, that I don't want:

3x TIE FO
1x TIE Fighter
2x T-65 X-Wing (1e sculpts)
1x T-70 X-Wing
1x B-Wing (1e sculpt)
1x TIE Defender (yellow Skystrike version)

I'm in the Bay Area / Sacramento region of California. At this point I kinda just want the minis gone so I'm still seeking a trade or something (would particularly like the Aethersprite and related parts from Guardians of the Republic, or the Y-Wings from that scum squad pack) but really because they've been sitting here for ages I'd let them go for basically nothing.

Edit: say I was even more out of the meta than usual these last four months, why do you think they axed the poor Eta Actis's heavy gun slot? What abusive trick was there?

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 18, 2022

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh I see. I'm glad I didn't run out and buy 10 droid fighters when I got into the prequel fleets now that a 1 PS droid costs 21. And a 3 PS droid also costs 21. Dislike.

I still have such a huge weak spot for Star Wars dogfighting even as I so rarely play though...

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I had no idea there was a ship cap. Now I'm extremely glad I didn't get minis-drunk and buy lots of droids. I wonder why they felt the need to make 1 skill droid fighters cost the same as 3 skill droid fighters if you couldn't put 10 on the field anyway.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey now, there are two entire new upgrade cards.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

HootTheOwl posted:

It's all in that documentary: Luke's Change.

Nice.

I don't even know how to build a squad in this game any more...

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
LBN on Android is telling me Supernatural Reflexes costs 24 points. Darth Vader (TIE Adv) has 21 points. Anakin Skywalker (ETA-2) has 20 points. Who can actually use this upgrade? Man, the upgrade icons are all over the place for who has what now too.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh. I guess LBN isn't fully updated, I don't see any marking for what's banned. I'd be playing Extended at home because apparently Standard prohibits several of my favorite models, like TIE Bomber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
If the ban list doesn't apply to Extended I'd appreciate them paying some attention to that format so I could have a rule set for using Supernatural Reflexes and who knows what other weirdness I just haven't noticed yet. I checked Anakin (YWing) and Luke and they don't have 24 loadout either. I have a bad feeling about this (the loadout system and sensible prices)