Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ilor posted:

I don't know if it's strictly necessary, but here's an Oath Addition!!! (decoy truck covering - 28mm - wire, tissue paper, and PVA - scratch built):

Approved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Failed

Afraid I've had a nasty case of sadbrains this month, and haven't felt up to painting much at all. I'm getting some help though, and I should be back to oath in the new thread.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete

Finally getting the hang of the colour scheme.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
April Oath Complete!

Four old school dwarves and a Death Dog!

Take one for the team for the dwarf troop...

Claiming Scene: Title Fight for the battle...

Claiming All together now for the year (blast the couple months i failed...)

Claiming A Recipe for Success for keeping track of what i did...

Dog
Dryad Bark wash Whole dog
Eshin Grey wash Base
Abadon Black wash Dog parts
Zanesi Desert wash Dog parts
Kilsev Flesh wash Dog belly
Evil Suns Scarlet layer Dog eyes

Dwarves
Abadon Black base All metal
Cadian Flesh wash All skin (multiple layers)
Alaitoc Blue wash All shirts, pants, cape (multiple layers)
Dryad Bark wash Spear, boots (multiple layers)
Mournfang wash Sheilds, boots (multiple layers)
Kilsev Flesh layer Skin highlights
Runefang Steel All metal
Eshin Grey layer Dwarf hat
Evil Suns Scarlet layer Dwarf beard
Calgar Blue layer Dwarf w/hat and flower
Calgar Blue/Scar White highlights Dwarf w/hat and flower
Earthshade wash Dwarf skin
Flash Glitz Yellow Feathers and flower
Troll Slayer Orange Feathers and flower highlights
Blue Ink wash All Altaitoc Blue
White Scar layer Eyes

Would have liked to do some more shading and highlights but had only so much time, and the photography was a disaster this month.

All in all I enjoyed going for the achievements they made for some more interesting projects!

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 1, 2019

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! A numenera npc/creature, with a pretty simple design, so I tried to make its reflective glassy face into a sky-earth non-metallic metal pattern.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, brushes down, April (and Season 9) is over!

Thank you to everyone for participating, and especially to the judges for taking the extra time to render judgement.

Season 10 thread is up, I shall endeavour to get the monthly challenges written up asap. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, let me know!

Also thanks to ijyt who has kindly volunteered as third judge in Season 10.

All that's left this season is for me to finish off the spreadsheet and set up the gallery, then await final judgement!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I completely whiffed on the final month because I just started a new job, and it eats a lot of time and energy right now :negative:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Thanks to Zark and the judges and everyone who makes this thread happen. It's pretty much the reason I still do any painting or modeling and I am grateful for it! Onward and upward to the new thread.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, the final gallery is now up - https://imgur.com/a/WW8z6tX - please double check I've not missed your pics, and it will be submitted to the Judges next week!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:April judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: KingMob

A lovely squad of boys!

Second place, 2 points: Ugleb

These are all full of character. The OSL is nice. Subdued but still obvious.

First place, 3 points: Zark the Damned

I bet this thing looks great on the tabletop! I love the freehanding.

Bonus, 1 point: Duct Tape

Those marines are relly cool. I'm counting them as being in camouflage.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
April Judgement:

Third place, Zark the Damned

I'd actually like to have scored this higher, but alas, I spent first place on Zark last month. Once again, this is some excellent elaborate freehand work.

Second place, Ugleb

I really liked the OSL on these guys.

First place, Duct Tape

I really like the texture on the Marines here, although I couldn't tell you if it's meant to be metal or stone. But otherwise, these are up to your extremely high standard of quality.

Bonus Point: Ilor

Extremely sneaky tank deserves the theme point this month.

Good luck to everyone next season!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Two 2nds? Was not expecting that, thanks guys!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:catdrugs: FINAL JUDGEMENTS :catdrugs:

Third Place, 1 point: gameraMan

These dwarves are bright and colorful, with a fun cartoon aspect to them. Challenge-wise, the staged fight with the death dog is a treat.

Second Place, 2 points: King Mob

Man, these guys are creepy. Excellent sheen on that red leather, and some amazing blacklining. You've also incorporated a few touches of bright color to attract the eye and offset the uniform paleness of these gangers.

First Place, 3 points: Duct Tape

Two very different groups of models, intermingled, and with a halfway-decent stab at camouflage for their respective environments (the space marines being a touch more successful with the urban camo). These figures show off your trademark contrast and your willingness to use bright, vibrant colors to set off the more muted, "realistic" tones of the color schemes. Excellent work!

Bonus Point: Weirdo

I have no idea what this thing is, but the sky-ground NMM on that face plate is delightful. Getting a Dune-novel-cover-from-the-70's feel off of this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, and with the final judging, the season is complete!

Many thanks to everyone who joined in and made this season the success it was, and special thanks to the judges for rendering their verdicts!

The spreadsheet has been updated with the final scores and is available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17l0uEMpeIJ9DCqQMIOo1aX39zre1NFVUiixHS8YfgBs/edit?usp=sharing

Congratulations go to the Oath thread 'winner' Duct Tape, standing well ahead of the pack with 110 points.

Season 10 is also in full swing now at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888356 if you want ton continue joining in, I hope to see everyone back again!

I'll leave this thread open a couple of weeks for any last comments, then it's off to the archives I guess.

Signing out,
Zark