Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: Season 9 Spreadsheet now live siren: - check it out at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17l0uEMpeIJ9DCqQMIOo1aX39zre1NFVUiixHS8YfgBs/edit?usp=sharing and make sure I've not missed any oaths so far!

As I mentioned in my oath I've a busy month and haven't had chance to figure out the rest of the monthly challenges. I shall endeavour to at least get June's one up before the end of the month! There will likely be a bunch of returning favourites but I have had requests for some alternate ones / technique based ones so we'll see how it goes!

To all new oathers, welcome! To everyone else, welcome back! I hope everyone has fun painting their plastic crack!

Corrode posted:

Additional Oath Complete and claiming Straight Edge

Ironically there isn't a single straight edge in those loving diamonds.

Don't forget to make a single completion post with all models you've done this month (or at least quote your first completion post in this one) - it makes it much easier to scrape pics for the galleries if I'm not chasing multiple posts!

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, oath 10 Stormboyz (GW, 28mm).

Approved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zark the Damned posted:

Don't forget to make a single completion post with all models you've done this month (or at least quote your first completion post in this one) - it makes it much easier to scrape pics for the galleries if I'm not chasing multiple posts!

Corrode posted:

Oath Complete for these three:

Additional oath of 1 Venom:

Corrode posted:

Additional Oath Complete and claiming Straight Edge

Ironically there isn't a single straight edge in those loving diamonds.

Hope this helps :)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath 6x IS-2 tanks and 3x StuG III G tank hunters for the month of May.

All are 15mm and from Battlefront.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath Major Lunah, Senor Massacre and Miyamoto Mushashi, all from Infinity, by Corvus Belli (re-based for Aristeia), plus a Totem Huntress, from the April MiniCrate (32mm)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I, glitchkrieg, oath Magore's Fiends (GW Shadespire) for the month of May

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, oath 1 Warlord Games M4 Sherman, 1 Warlord Games Sherman Firefly, 1 Rubicon Models Easy 8 Sherman and 2 Warlord Games British Airborne Handcarts in 28mm scale, and 1 Battlefront Uparmoured 76mm Sherman in 15mm.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I do Oath, one M5 Light Tank, from Plastic Soldier Company, in 15mm

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A lot of World War 2 going on this month!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
May oath! Scrotumboss, from Mierce.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Dots, more dots now!
I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of may one Dropfleet Commander Shaltari Battleship (magnetized for both options) by TTCombat (resin, 1:9150).

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

wdarkk posted:

Dots, more dots now!
I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of may one Dropfleet Commander Shaltari Battleship (magnetized for both options) by TTCombat (resin, 1:9150).

at first I was like, where's the models??? poo poo blends perfectly into that rug haha

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath addition for May, 1 Namarti Thrall standard bearer by Games Workshop

I want to finish the whole squad by the end of the month but I'm like 80% sure I won't have time, so here's the fanciest one.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hey my life is crazy right now but I want to try and start this off anyway. I, Ashcans, oath this reaper bones bear for may

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint the following for May:
1x Highlander Grey
1x Grenzr
1x Kriza Borac

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming Jurnal for the tartan pattern on the Highlander Grey.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath 6x IS-2 tanks and 3x StuG III G tank hunters for the month of May.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Straight Edge for the aircraft recognition markings, which I think are a highpoint of my 15mm career.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Claiming A Faithful Replica for trying to follow Max's studio scheme:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete

Apologies for the slightly-too-dark photos this month. Thought I had more light than I actually did.

Claiming Jurnal for the half-hearted attempt at the quilting on the lining of Lunah's cloak;

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Red Shoe posted:

Oath Complete!

Nice work on the eyes!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath to paint, base, and fully magnetize a Tech-Priest Dominus. Primed with Lead Belcher spray earlier today.

Only oathing a single guy because I'm still wrapping up the 10 Skitarii I mentioned earlier in the thread. Additionally, I tend to take an absurd amount of time painting guys and obsess over every small detail.

Oath Complete! Painted, based, and fully magnetized one Tech-Priest Dominus.

Claiming A Recipte for Success:
Model
Primer
Leadbelcher Spray
Cloak
Base: Mephiston Red
Wash: Nuln Oil
Drybrush: Evil Sun Scarlet, Wild Rider Red
Highlight: Fire Dragon Bright
Cloak Trim
Base: Rakarth Flesh
Layer: Ushabti Bone
Silver Metal
Base: Leadbelcher (spray)
Gold Metal
Base: Retributor Gold
Pipes and Cables
Base: Abadon Black
Drybrush: Terminatus Stone
Skulls
Base: Zandri Dust
Wash: Agrax Earthshade
Layer: Ushabti Bone
Highlight: Screaming Skull
Blue Effects (plasma, lenses, etc.)
Base: Calidor Sky
Highlight: Baharoth Blue
Green Effect (liquid)
Base: Abadon Black (should have used Caliban Green, but it still worked)
Layer: Warpstone Glow
Highlight: Moot Green
Bubbles: White Scar (with a thin layer of warpstone glow over it)

Base
Base: Korne Red
Texture: Martian Ironearth
Drybrush: Ryza Rust, Eldar Flesh
Side
Dunebull Brown
Rocks
Slate chips from Amazon
Wash: Heavily watered down Skrag brown
Drybrush: Ryza Rust, Eldar Flesh

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

One Marco Columbo. Monthly challenge is his stripey pants.

Apologies for taking a while getting to updating the thread and spreadsheet, it's been a busy month. I'll try at least get next month's challenge written up asap!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Ugleb posted:

Nice work on the eyes!

Thanks! I spent some extra time there.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath Major Lunah, Senor Massacre and Miyamoto Mushashi, all from Infinity, by Corvus Belli (re-based for Aristeia), plus a Totem Huntress, from the April MiniCrate (32mm)

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath Magore's Fiends (GW Shadespire) for the month of May

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, oath 1 Warlord Games M4 Sherman, 1 Warlord Games Sherman Firefly, 1 Rubicon Models Easy 8 Sherman and 2 Warlord Games British Airborne Handcarts in 28mm scale, and 1 Battlefront Uparmoured 76mm Sherman in 15mm.

Signal posted:

I do Oath, one M5 Light Tank, from Plastic Soldier Company, in 15mm

Red Shoe posted:

May oath! Scrotumboss, from Mierce.

wdarkk posted:

Dots, more dots now!

The Moon Monster posted:

Oath addition for May, 1 Namarti Thrall standard bearer by Games Workshop

I want to finish the whole squad by the end of the month but I'm like 80% sure I won't have time, so here's the fanciest one.

Ashcans posted:

Hey my life is crazy right now but I want to try and start this off anyway. I, Ashcans, oath this reaper bones bear for may

Approved!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath these seven Nomad drones from Infinity, 28mm by Corvus Belli, for May

Oath Complete

I'd like to claim the jurnal for this month, since I got so many freakin' stripes, but I also outright forgot the pattern requirement. If these don't count, oh well, that's on my head.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete! Phone posting because my router is playing up though so here goes...

Edit - Claiming Straight Edge for hazard markings on the back of the truck and for the freehand Diner floor.

Thinking about adding some tattered posters to the diner walls but for now that'll do.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 31, 2018

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Lazy Oath Complete!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, sorry for the delay but I now have the proposals for the rest of this season's challenges (including May for completeness). If you have any comments, questions, etc. please let me know asap! June's one is pretty set in stone but the others can be more flexible.

As requested by folks at the end of Season 8 I have included some alternate challenges along a similar theme every other month. Some of these are repeats from previous seasons or new spins on them.

With the alternate options on some challenges there are some alterations to challenges and achievements:

Months with Multiple Options - if you complete both challenges in a month this is still only 1 point for 'completing at least one challenge'. When claiming the challenge state which option you have picked.

The Daily Double - instead of two different month's challenges, you can do both options from the same month (still can't be the current month).

The Mr Tryhard Award - for each month pick one option. You may do multiple options from a month but there isn't any extra credit for this (you still need to do all 12 months).

Thanks to everyone who has suggested challenges!

----

May - Straight Edge
Paint up a pattern involving straight lines or polygons, the sharper the better! e.g. Tartan, Hazard Stripes, Chequerboard, and so on. Can be sculpted on, freehanded, using masking tape or transfers. Note that the lines can be curved so long as it represents a straight line pattern, e.g. a Tartan Cloth wrapped around your figure. This should be a repeating pattern, e.g. a single stripe or a halved colour scheme doesn't count!

June - Hitting the Beach
Technique (Sun's Out): Paint up something that glows and use OSL to make it pop. Maybe a wizard throwing some lightning, a giant monster charging its atomic breath, overcharged thrusters on a spaceship, or an unfortunate trooper suffering a plasma malfunction!
Composition (Guns Out): Paint a figure that is showing a lot of skin. This could be a beach goer, a Conan-eqsue barbarian or fantasty princess, or even an alien or monstrous creature that hasn't figured out the concept of clothing!

July - Getting back to Nature
Model or paint something natural, such as a set of trees or bushes or some wildlife. This could be alien or fantasy stuff! This could be part of a fancy base or movement tray for your figures, or some terrain such as woods or a swamp.

August - Netflix and Chill
Technique (Going Old School): Paint up something using a very limited colour pallete, as if it had come out of an old black and white movie or sepia photograph. Ideally the whole model will be different shades of the same colour but you could have spot colours ala Sin City.
Composition (Big Brother): Paint up a figure with surveilance equipment. This could be large sensor arrays on a vehicle, a cameraman, a wizard with crystal ball or scrying mirror, or a monster or alien with obvious oversized sensory organs.

September - Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month
Convert your miniature in some way. Maybe a simple head or weapon swap, or you could go as far as a scratch build or your own sculpt! If you’re converting an existing figure, include a picture of what a standard version of the model looks like. If you're adapting your model to have swappable components (magnetig / plug in / etc.) this counts, include pictures of each option 'in action'!

October - Choose your Poison
Technique (Cocktail Mixers): Part of your figure should include a blended gradient between at least two distinct colours, e.g. red to yellow or black to white, or if you're ambitious you can go full on rainbow warrior! Make the blend as smooth as you can!
Composition (Booze Up): Paint up something related to drinking. This could be a clearly drunk individual, a bartender or server bearing drink bottles, some barrels of fine dwarven ale / elvish wine or even an inn or tavern if you're in a terrain mood.

November - Rip and Tear
Add some battle damage or gore to your figure. They could have had their arm ripped off, taken an arrow to the knee or suffered a catastrophic ammo explosion. They could also have won the fight (don't worry, it's the other guy's blood)!

December - Multidimensional Mashup
Composition (The Most Ambitious Crossover Event Ever): Add a logo or reference to a different setting/universe on your figure. e.g. a Space Marine with the Umbrella Logo, Captain America leading your Flames of War tanks into battle, or a fantasy barbarian wearing some anachronistic trainers.
Scene (Hey me, meet the Real Me!): Paint up at least 2 figures that are different representations of the same character, object or building. These could be alternate dimensional counterparts or just from different points in their 'career'. This could be a superhero wearing different versions of their costume, a tank before and after a battle, or a young monster and its grown up form. You could also paint different scale versions of the same, such as a 6mm and 28mm spearman, or a small and large elemental.

January - Every Step you Take
Take at least three Work in Progress shots of your figure, not counting your initial Oath and final Completion pictures. Each picture should show some progression. If you take a lot of pictures, show three in the completion post and include the rest in an Imgur gallery or similar linked from the post.

February - Rough Stuff
Technique (Fake it): Paint up a smooth surface on your figure with 'fake' texture. This could be marble, simulated wood grain, fake fur, and so on.
Composition (Till you make it): Your figure should feature actual heavy texturing or weathering on it. Perhaps they are wearing thick furs, a scaley hide or a metal plate that is covered in rust.

March - Life is better down where it's wetter
Paint something wet. This could be a terrain feature such as a pond or fountain, a spillage of nasty chemicals, a freshly painted vehicle, a water elemental, ooze or even someone who's just had slime dumped on them!

April - Wrestlemania!
Technique (You Can't See Me): Paint up a figure in a camouflage pattern or otherwise blending into their environment. The camouflage doesn't have to be applied to the entire model, e.g. you could have a partially activated 'stealth field' or a vehicle that is partway through being repainted for a new battle zone.
Scene (Title Fight): Create a small scene of two or more fighters locked in brutal combat! This doesn't have to be hand to hand, maybe you could have a sniper duel, battleships launching devastating broadsides against each other, or even a hapless adventurer stumbling across an angry dragon! The figures should look like they are interacting, but don't have to be a permanent part of the scene.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I painted my skeletons but I can't find my phone charger to take a picture of them. Will provide skeleton pictures eventually

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
These look great Zark! Thanks for all the work that must have gone into that.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Zark the Damned posted:

May - Straight Edge
Paint up a pattern involving straight lines or polygons, the sharper the better! e.g. Tartan, Hazard Stripes, Chequerboard, and so on. Can be sculpted on, freehanded, using masking tape or transfers. Note that the lines can be curved so long as it represents a straight line pattern, e.g. a Tartan Cloth wrapped around your figure. This should be a repeating pattern, e.g. a single stripe or a halved colour scheme doesn't count!

Crap, knew I was forgetting something could I claim this retrospectively? I had hazard stripes on the Garbage truck and freehanded the tiled floor of the diner!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For the straight edge challenge the ganger has hazard stripes on his bolter.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Claiming Straight Edge for the icon-bearer's bogus arm tattoo and Take One For The Team because they're totally a team.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Claiming Straight Edge for the pattern on these shields and Take one for the team for the whole bunch.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

There are a few hazard stripes and checks about for the straight edge:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

Magnetizing the weapon pod was a lot scarier than it was hard.

You can just see the fighters poking out there.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Oath Complete

Claiming Straight Edge for that crap rear end checker pattern on the shin guard, and Take One for the Team for the warband theme.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Aw yeah, all done!

Oath Complete!

Oathed minis in the front, Rescue Ranger minis in the back.

Checkerboard socks on the atlas for the Theme this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath a Khador Winter Guard Gun Carriage. This is a model from Privateer Press.

I think I'm going to have to declare my first Oath failed :smith:

Trying to bust my butt on this since it's a commission for a friend but also a lot of other stuff going for me, and it's just not yet where I want it to be. Here's my current progress for posterity, I guess.