Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Oath complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Failed the first oath of the season. Argh. My own stupid fault for trying to fit painting in around half-marathon, training for that, and a competitive tournament in the same month.

Unless block colours count :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:gifttank: OATH COMPLETE :gifttank:

The British A9 and A10 cruisers

Five Sherman Vs

Two Sherman V Fireflys, and two M4A3s with the 75 and 76mm turrets

Late war ahoy, Pershing and Comet

Tovarsich, comrade

StuG Lyfe

Big cats doin thangs

Sd.Kfz. 234 with /1, /2 Puma, /3, and /4 Pakwagen options

Also claiming straight edge for the freehand line camouflage on ze Germans

I'll probably stick star and balkenkreuz decals on these at some point, when I actually have some

e: timg tags are not itmg :downs:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jun 1, 2018

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, May is officially over! I'll get the OP and spreadsheet updated over the weekend.

Onwards to June:

June - Hitting the Beach
Technique (Sun's Out): Paint up something that glows and use OSL to make it pop. Maybe a wizard throwing some lightning, a giant monster charging its atomic breath, overcharged thrusters on a spaceship, or an unfortunate trooper suffering a plasma malfunction!
Composition (Guns Out): Paint a figure that is showing a lot of skin. This could be a beach goer, a Conan-eqsue barbarian or fantasty princess, or even an alien or monstrous creature that hasn't figured out the concept of clothing!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Booyah- posted:

Oath complete!

Are Stormcast heads human-scaled or are they Space Marine-sized? I've been looking for Maccabean Janissary/Noh/Comedy-and-Tragedy mask-heads and I just realized Stormcasts would work if the scale were correct.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter, oath Asoka Tano, The Emperor, C3-PO, R2-D2, 2 Rebel heros, 2 wookies, 4 Tuskan Raider and 4 Stormtroopers (Fantasy flight games 28mm.) Plus six custom debris markers, made up of random crud and TTCombat Dropzone commander bits. Scale unkown.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for June

One alt-Parvati for Aristeia by Corvus Belli.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

Are Stormcast heads human-scaled or are they Space Marine-sized? I've been looking for Maccabean Janissary/Noh/Comedy-and-Tragedy mask-heads and I just realized Stormcasts would work if the scale were correct.

The face itself is a little smaller than space marine helmet. Hard to say how close they are to human scale though since GW heads are just really big on average.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, oath Asoka Tano, The Emperor, C3-PO, R2-D2, 2 Rebel heros, 2 wookies, 4 Tuskan Raider and 4 Stormtroopers (Fantasy flight games 28mm.) Plus six custom debris markers, made up of random crud and TTCombat Dropzone commander bits. Scale unkown.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for June

One alt-Parvati for Aristeia by Corvus Belli.

Approved!

Also the spreadsheet should now be up to date up til the end of May, please double check your stuff to make sure I haven't missed anything out! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17l0uEMpeIJ9DCqQMIOo1aX39zre1NFVUiixHS8YfgBs/edit#gid=1

All being well I will be assembling the gallery in the next few days to submit for judgement.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I, Nighttheii, Oath for June Farrow Valkyries (3), Kwaak & Gub the Croak Sorcerers, Totem Huntress, Bull Snapper, and the Gatorman Soul Slave

All are Minions models from Privateer Press.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this pot-bellied fish guy by Reaper

My life is crazy and I'll be going on vacation in three weeks, so I'm just going to stick to one guy.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 Isharann Soulrender by Games Workshop for the month of June

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath to paint, base, and fully magnetize an Oneger Dunecrawler.

The first time I painted one of these there was a lot of trial and error (including messing up the assembly itself), so this second one should go faster. If things progress quickly enough, I'll double up and oath some more minis on my backburner.

Duct Tape fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 4, 2018

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

What does the "jurnal" column in the oath spreadsheet mean?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Booyah- posted:

It's what the monthly challenges used to be called, when they were run by our friendly neighbourhood Ork

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Booyah- posted:

Whether or not you did the monthly challenge. "Jurnal" is left over from when the overall oath thread theme was an ork doing his monthly journal entries.

Edit: beaten :(

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Haha got it.

I, Booyah-, oath Magore's Fiends and one Blue Horror of Tzeentch (GW) for the month of June

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Upon my oath, in June I will paint 1 Sydonian Dragoon for 40k and 1 Targor for Shadespire

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Booyah- posted:

Haha got it.

The final Orky season was really good too, it came with Goon-wife drawn comics and everything, but like some other things it fell away that fateful morn krushgroove decided to go yachting in the Gulf of Aden

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I, Mikey Purp, hereby do Oath to paint one Large Earth Elemental from Reaper in the month of June.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do Oath to paint this squad of British Desert Rats (28mm, Perry Miniatures) for the month of June!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath three Stonehaven miniatures - Halfling Death Knight, Cloaked Halfling, and Halfling Gardener (all 28mm)

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick do oath 10 big space marines by Games Workshop 28mm for the month of June

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath two Ninjas, from Infinity by Corvus Belli

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

And to this I add one Fat Yuan Yuan, also from Infinity

Ninjas were quicker than anticipated.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I should probably post this...

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June Diablo, Lady Shiva, Seeker and League Agents 1-3. All for Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for June

Stormwing, Cinder, Tyrea Bronzelocks, and Cuth Wolfson by Reaper (28mm)

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nighttheii, Oath for June Farrow Valkyries (3), Kwaak & Gub the Croak Sorcerers, Totem Huntress, Bull Snapper, and the Gatorman Soul Slave

I add to this oath 10 Deliverers, Deliverer Arms Master, and Champion of the Wall (2 models, 3 parts for painting) Menoth, Privateer Press

The first part of my oath is done but I'll make a full completion post when all models are done.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, Oath 1 Frost Giant King

Reaper Bones mini.

Shooting for Hitting the Beach, I've never attempted OSL should be interesting.

Has been a lousy couple of months for painting but I hope to change that this time...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June 2018

5 assorted female fighters from Hasslefree Minis (Maika, Marina, Delphine, Sana, Libby), 28mm

A smallish Oath for now as I have a busy month ahead of me.

Booyah- posted:

As has been mentioned by others, it's an oversight from previous seasons. This has now been corrected (I just have to remember not to keep calling them Jurnals when I complete my oaths!).

:siren: May 2018 Gallery is now up :siren: - https://imgur.com/a/nZfHkZi

Go double check your pictures are there in case any are missing. As a friendly reminder, only finished pictures with your SA username clearly visible are added to the gallery.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 10, 2018

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Nighttheii posted:

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this pot-bellied fish guy by Reaper

My life is crazy and I'll be going on vacation in three weeks, so I'm just going to stick to one guy.

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 Isharann Soulrender by Games Workshop for the month of June

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath to paint, base, and fully magnetize an Oneger Dunecrawler.

The first time I painted one of these there was a lot of trial and error (including messing up the assembly itself), so this second one should go faster. If things progress quickly enough, I'll double up and oath some more minis on my backburner.

Booyah- posted:

Haha got it.

I, Booyah-, oath Magore's Fiends and one Blue Horror of Tzeentch (GW) for the month of June

Corrode posted:

Upon my oath, in June I will paint 1 Sydonian Dragoon for 40k and 1 Targor for Shadespire

Mikey Purp posted:

I, Mikey Purp, hereby do Oath to paint one Large Earth Elemental from Reaper in the month of June.

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do Oath to paint this squad of British Desert Rats (28mm, Perry Miniatures) for the month of June!

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath three Stonehaven miniatures - Halfling Death Knight, Cloaked Halfling, and Halfling Gardener (all 28mm)

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick do oath 10 big space marines by Games Workshop 28mm for the month of June

LazyAngel posted:

LazyAngel posted:

And to this I add one Fat Yuan Yuan, also from Infinity

Ninjas were quicker than anticipated.

Ugleb posted:

I should probably post this...

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June Diablo, Lady Shiva, Seeker and League Agents 1-3. All for Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm.

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for June

Stormwing, Cinder, Tyrea Bronzelocks, and Cuth Wolfson by Reaper (28mm)

Nighttheii posted:

I add to this oath 10 Deliverers, Deliverer Arms Master, and Champion of the Wall (2 models, 3 parts for painting) Menoth, Privateer Press

The first part of my oath is done but I'll make a full completion post when all models are done.

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, Oath 1 Frost Giant King

Reaper Bones mini.

Shooting for Hitting the Beach, I've never attempted OSL should be interesting.

Has been a lousy couple of months for painting but I hope to change that this time...

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June 2018

5 assorted female fighters from Hasslefree Minis (Maika, Marina, Delphine, Sana, Libby), 28mm

A smallish Oath for now as I have a busy month ahead of me.

Approved!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oathing Great Mother Mashaaf and GOREMAW for June, from Reaper:

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Addition!

Adding 10 poxwalkers and a big ol piece of Sector Mechanicus terrain to this months oath. I realized my space bois have no skin to show off.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

Nighttheii posted:

Oath Complete! I'm really happy with getting all these guys done.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 11 Stormboyz, Boss Zagstrukk and 1 loota, all GW, 28mm:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath for June: 10 Witch Elves, 10 Harpies, a Sorceress, and a Witch Elf hero.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:May judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: TheFinalTuba

The high light/dark contrast on the middle guy makes him look almost cartoonish. I like that, and it suits the figure.

Second place, 2 points: KingMob

Very nice. Good skin and red, and the metals are great.

First place, 3 points: Red Shoe

Great skin, great exposed muscle, and good color contrast all over.

Bonus, 1 point: Grassy Gnoll

Nice stripes. They aren't the same on every model, but it's obvious that they're all together.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath complete!

Sorry for the bad photos, reporting from my phone :suicide:

Edit: I forgot, I'm claiming Guns out on account of the absence of clothing.

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 18, 2018

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Judgement Time

Third place, for one point: Booyah

I really like the metals on these, and I'm a fan of the parrot look for the bird.

Second place, for two points: TheFinalTuba

A nice plaid on the tartan, lovely purple on the KB and the Grenzer, and very subtle camo patterning on the Grenzer's pants.

First place, for three points: KingMob

This would be worth three points for doing all those goddamn edge highlights and not smashing the model, even if it weren't also well-painted.

My bonus point for this month's challenge goes to Nighttheii.

Definitely the most ambitious attempt at freehand lining for May. The overlapping lines also suggest you know how tartan patterns are supposed to mesh, which I appreciate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Red Shoe posted:

Oathing Great Mother Mashaaf and GOREMAW for June, from Reaper:

lovestick posted:

Oath Addition!

Adding 10 poxwalkers and a big ol piece of Sector Mechanicus terrain to this months oath. I realized my space bois have no skin to show off.

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath 11 Stormboyz, Boss Zagstrukk and 1 loota, all GW, 28mm:

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for June: 10 Witch Elves, 10 Harpies, a Sorceress, and a Witch Elf hero.

Approved!