Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Thanks for the points guys! Was definitely happy with how May's stuff turned out, glad to see you liked it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

Not really happy with this model, but so be it.

Thanks for the May points!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional June oath! 3 Yuan Yuans - 2 fat, 1 thin.
Corvus Belli

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Alguaciles from Corvus Belli, 28mm

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
May Judgements!

First Place, 3 points: Red Shoe

...good god drat, dude. Excellent use of a somewhat subdued, limited palette--and then there's the eyeball. Subtle and vibrant at the same time.

Second Place, 2 points: TheFinalTuba

Excellent contrasts and blacklining on the armor. And really nice tartan and grizzling on the Scot. (I still can't wrap my head around those clear acrylic bases with no superglue fogging.)

Third Place, 1 point: Ugleb

Well-done terrain is always a nice thing to see, and the diner is just a jukebox away from perfection. (Could probably stand a bit of graffiti and a grease dump around back, but you can't have everything.) The garbage truck is also very nice--are those translucent plastic bits on the lights?

Bonus Point: lovestick

I've never been much into Battletech, but my goodness, those are some sweet 'mechs. The paint jobs and details are nice and all, but the lens effects on the windscreens give them that extra pop that really make them stand out.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For June I, Galaspar, oath ten Poxwalkers by GW

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Third Place, 1 point: Ugleb

Well-done terrain is always a nice thing to see, and the diner is just a jukebox away from perfection. (Could probably stand a bit of graffiti and a grease dump around back, but you can't have everything.) The garbage truck is also very nice--are those translucent plastic bits on the lights?

Cheers! I actually do intend to revisit at some point and add some old posters or something. I have an old fridge and sofa from one of TTCombats back alley accessory kits I may stick in there as well.

Those are indeed translucent plastic lights on the garbage truck, they came with the kit.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath to paint, base, and fully magnetize an Oneger Dunecrawler.

The first time I painted one of these there was a lot of trial and error (including messing up the assembly itself), so this second one should go faster. If things progress quickly enough, I'll double up and oath some more minis on my backburner.

Oath complete!

Pretty happy with how this guy turned out, and he's also the last Dunecrawler I'll need to paint for a while (i.e. I don't own any more unfinished ones). Next up on the queue is one of the other dozen 40k admech minis I have, but I haven't figure out which yet. They're all fairly large, so I might just spend the next week assembling.
edit: Adding name tags to photos. Originals here: https://imgur.com/uY6aru7.jpg https://imgur.com/3teN9qN.jpg https://imgur.com/0qBADOJ.jpg https://imgur.com/fk0dqzB.jpg

Duct Tape fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 1, 2018

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing Scourge. This is a Ratcatcher's model from Steamforge Game's Guild Ball.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Claiming Guns Out for the immodest barbarian ladies, and A faithful replica for the trans He-Man (She-Man? He-Woman?) at the end.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Red Shoe posted:

Additional June oath! 3 Yuan Yuans - 2 fat, 1 thin.
Corvus Belli

grassy gnoll posted:

Galaspar posted:

For June I, Galaspar, oath ten Poxwalkers by GW

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oathing Scourge. This is a Ratcatcher's model from Steamforge Game's Guild Ball.

Approved!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming Guns Out for the immodest barbarian ladies, and A faithful replica for the trans He-Man (She-Man? He-Woman?) at the end.

I think they go by They-Person now

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Claiming the Sun's Out challenge for the lantern/OSL.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Oath these 4 GW Daemonettes for June

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
No Jurnal this week (unless the skin showing on the Yuan-Yuan counts), but a nice, relaxing bit of painting.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Thanks, judges! I appreciate the compliments.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
I, Dimo, oath to paint this doofy dorf (I think his name is Siegfried) from Massive Darkness for June.

Also, I took that picture while I was in the swing of painting, so I also have some progress to show below.

Kinda messy, but I really just want to paint up some hero models for a D&D campaign, so they just need to be table worthy.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Complete

No jurnal this month.

Incidentally, if anyone has any suggestions for an Android camera app that lets you control depth of field manually, I'm all ears.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath 2 Molemen from Malifaux (Wyrd)!

A busy June has left me without much time to paint so here comes a quickie!

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Progress Report!

Here's basecoating done. Some of the whites and edges are sloppy, but since most of them are really light, I was going to have to touch them up after washing anyway.

Post wash. For a sloppy basecoating job, it's always amazing to me what a quick wash does to make a model look good.

Time to highlight and clean up a whole bunch of messy poo poo.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Oath Complete

Claiming Guns Out for this one.

It's kinda sloppy, and not my favorite, but I wanted him painted for gaming, so this was a good incentive to actually get him done.

He's also unbased for now. Once I get all four figures done, I'll decide how to base them all.

Edit: Also, I guess it's under 24 hours, so I guess i'll claim Need 4 Speed too.

I posted both pictures since the lighting by my desk is poo poo, so you can either see the mini or the time, but not both.

Dimo ArKacho fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 28, 2018

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath complete

The good.

The Bad

And the hacked together from random bits of sprue.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Oath Complete

1 Sydonian Dragoon

1 Targor

Claiming Hitting the Beach for my friendly half-naked berzerker, who also claims A faithful replica for matching (as much as my limitations allow) the official Garrek's Reavers scheme (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Etb-Khorne-Bloodbound-Garreks-Reavers-2018)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oh shoot, the month's almost over and I've completely forgot to oath.

Time to paint six Mantic Zombies!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

For the theme, OSL on the Yuan Yuans and flesh on the big bug!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

Oath these 4 GW Daemonettes for June

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I, Dimo, oath to paint this doofy dorf (I think his name is Siegfried) from Massive Darkness for June.

Also, I took that picture while I was in the swing of painting, so I also have some progress to show below.

Kinda messy, but I really just want to paint up some hero models for a D&D campaign, so they just need to be table worthy.

TheFinalTuba posted:

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Approved!

Not long left of June, approx 17 hours to go!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
It's nine million degrees and 100% humidity here so I can't give them the final Dull-Cote (needed before affixing foliage to the bases). Fortunately, finished bases aren't required! As such: Oath Complete!!!

For this month's entry, I'm claiming Guns Out, because these shorts-wearin', shirt-sleeves-rolled-up mofos are exposing a shocking amount of skin for men engaged in modern warfare. I am also claiming the Take one for the team achievement.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Oath complete! Claiming sun's out for the OSL.

I had a lot of issues with this guy from the point of priming, and he was also the first mini I've used an airbrush on, so I'm not super happy with the results but whatevs he's done!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Claiming Jurnal for all the awkward nudity, also these photos got blasted out by my flash but there's no time to fix it.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

And the zombois are done!

Claiming Hitting the Beach since the zombies are not wearing a lot and showing a lot of skin, rotten as it may be. Also claiming Need 4 Speed

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Sun's Out for the lovely OSL on this loota:

A faithful replica for Zagstruk:

The original:

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming the Jurnal for the skin challenge. Busy July too so I probably won't get to paint too much then either T_T

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete.

No jurnal, thought about having the boils glowing but it didn't work out.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath Complete one Frost Giant King!

As with many oaths wish I'd gotten farther, plus something is just wrong with my camera and these images kind of stink:

I did attempt some blue OSL lighting from the sword and on to the king, plus he definitely has his guns out, so would like to claim the Sun's Out challenge (though I admit the pictures don't show the OSL well at all)

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Oath Complete!

Claiming Guns Out, because that Tzeentch boy is all skin!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming Guns Out for the acres of flesh on display. Might not be the most healthy flesh though.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 1, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:smaug: Oath Complete! :smaug:

Tyrea and Culth. Culth didn't have sculpted nipples, so in the interests of equality I painted him some

Cinder

Stormwind le Dragon atterrissant sur un éperon rocheux, surplombant la mer du Nord (2018) (Impressionism is fun :buddy:)

Claiming Guns out for all the exposed human and dragon skin. Also claiming the Daily Double by doing January's Every step you take (below) and March's Life is better down where it's wetter by turning Stormwing's base into a rain soaked one that still isn't dry 4 days after applying the still water, winter is chilly yo.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, June is over!

Onwards to July:

quote:

July - Getting back to Nature
Model or paint something natural, such as a set of trees or bushes or some wildlife. This could be alien or fantasy stuff! This could be part of a fancy base or movement tray for your figures, or some terrain such as woods or a swamp.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter oath the Following
32 Hessian Grenadiers, 4 officers and 6 Jagers. - Warlord Games, 28mm.
6 Militia command - Perry Miniatures 28mm.

Just a light month this month...
(I may be over optimistic..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter oath the Following
32 Hessian Grenadiers, 4 officers and 6 Jagers. - Warlord Games, 28mm.
6 Militia command - Perry Miniatures 28mm.

Just a light month this month...
(I may be over optimistic..)

Approved!

I've caught up on the thread now, hopefully everything's in the spreadsheet. Everyone go double check and I'll get the Gallery up next weekend (hopefully!) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17l0uEMpeIJ9DCqQMIOo1aX39zre1NFVUiixHS8YfgBs/edit#gid=12