Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Dots, more dots now!
I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of may one Dropfleet Commander Shaltari Battleship (magnetized for both options) by TTCombat (resin, 1:9150).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete

Magnetizing the weapon pod was a lot scarier than it was hard.

You can just see the fighters poking out there.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, oath one Dropfleet Commander Princess Cruise Liner by Hawk Wargames TTCombat. Resin, 1:9150 scale.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete

Gonna claim A recipe for success:
The silver is Vallejo Metal Color Chrome over Badger unspellable white primer (black made it too dark IMO), blue is Scale 75 Hiril Blue. Recessed machinery and engine block are Vallejo Model Air Metallic Black (71.073), wash is Reaper Black Wash (only over a few panel lines and such, wipe it off everything else). Vallejo Metal Air Metal Varnish was used after the basecoat and black metal were applied, and at the end.

Was going to claim A faithful replica but I'm not sure now looking at the only reference for how it's supposed to look. You tell me.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, oath one Shaltari Cruiser, four Shaltari Frigates, and three Shaltari Voidgates by TTCombat (1:9150 scale, plastic, Dropfleet Commander).

Since I need these for a game Sunday I'm going to try for Speed Painting.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete! Maybe. I might do an addition.

Speed Painting
I feel like there's something weird going on with worldtimeserver, but w/e I did this in time and I'm too tired to figure it out.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

There's a thing I really want to work on starting tomorrow (when the humidity should go down some) and finishing by next Saturday. Unfortunately that spans the month border :( So I guess no Oath Addition for me.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of November one Washington-class Dreadnought by TTCombat (Dropfleet Commander, Resin, 1:9150) as well as alternate parts for a London-class Dreadnought, four Kiev-class Destroyers (same) with alternate hull options for three of the other two, lesser types.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of November one Washington-class Dreadnought by TTCombat (Dropfleet Commander, Resin, 1:9150) as well as alternate parts for a London-class Dreadnought, four Kiev-class Destroyers (same) with alternate hull options for three of the other two, lesser types.

Oath Complete

Gotta say it feels more like I survived this than completed it. That was a lot more painting than I expected. I didn't do anything particularly complicated, but there was just a lot of it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath 7 miscellaneous spaceships by Ground Zero Games.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Because I loving hate myself and also am not doing anything worthwhile for the rest of the month, oath addition:

One Dropfleet Commander PHR Dreadnought by TTCombat.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath 7 miscellaneous spaceships by Ground Zero Games.

wdarkk posted:

Because I loving hate myself and also am not doing anything worthwhile for the rest of the month, oath addition:

One Dropfleet Commander PHR Dreadnought by TTCombat.

Oath Complete!

I feel like I learned a lot working on this. Doing the custom decal was pretty cool, if nerve-wracking.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, oath for the month of February one Large Solid Object (aka moon) terrain piece).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete

I'm not entirely satisfied with the red in the cracks, but I just couldn't find a good way to paint those in time. I might try doing the cracks much shallower if I do something like this again.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Because I'm not procrastinating at all.
I, wdarkk, Oath one Scourge Dreadnought by TTCOmbat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Because I'm not procrastinating at all.
I, wdarkk, Oath one Scourge Dreadnought by TTCOmbat.

Oath complete!