Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
Hi all, I haven't oathed before but would like to try it. I certainly have enough models in my backlog.

I, Nightheii, Oath Wolf Lord Morraig from Privateer Press for May (mounted and dismounted)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nightheii, Oath Wolf Lord Morraig from Privateer Press for May (mounted and dismounted)

Finished this guy up, pretty happy with it.

Added the Straight Edge monthly challenge on his cloak, he looked the part for tartan.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I, Nighttheii, Oath for June Farrow Valkyries (3), Kwaak & Gub the Croak Sorcerers, Totem Huntress, Bull Snapper, and the Gatorman Soul Slave

All are Minions models from Privateer Press.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nighttheii, Oath for June Farrow Valkyries (3), Kwaak & Gub the Croak Sorcerers, Totem Huntress, Bull Snapper, and the Gatorman Soul Slave

I add to this oath 10 Deliverers, Deliverer Arms Master, and Champion of the Wall (2 models, 3 parts for painting) Menoth, Privateer Press

The first part of my oath is done but I'll make a full completion post when all models are done.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

Nighttheii posted:

I add to this oath 10 Deliverers, Deliverer Arms Master, and Champion of the Wall (2 models, 3 parts for painting) Menoth, Privateer Press

Oath Complete! I'm really happy with getting all these guys done.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I, Nighttheii, Oath for July:
10 Primaris Intercessors and 3 Inceptors - Games Workshop
2 mushroom spawn points, 2 giant mushrooms, 8 little shrooms, and 4 truffle pigs - Super Dungeon Explore
Barnabas, Lord of Blood and 3 Bone Shakers - Privateer Press

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nighttheii, Oath for July:
10 Primaris Intercessors and 3 Inceptors - Games Workshop
2 mushroom spawn points, 2 giant mushrooms, 8 little shrooms, and 4 truffle pigs - Super Dungeon Explore
Barnabas, Lord of Blood and 3 Bone Shakers - Privateer Press

Oath Complete:

I learned that printing my own decals is even more annoying than anticipated.

Claiming Back to Nature on the Mushrooms and stumps.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

grassy gnoll posted:

Second place, 2 points: Nighttheii

I love me some monsters, and these are a wide variety of colors and textures to render out. The frog dude is especially nice.

I appreciate the kind words! It's a new army and aesthetic for me, so it's been a lot of fun to experiment.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I, Nighttheii, Oath for August: Devastator Squad, Exemplar Cinerators + UA, Severius 2, Wolf Rider
GW and PP

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nighttheii, Oath for August: Devastator Squad, Exemplar Cinerators + UA, Severius 2, Wolf Rider
GW and PP

Oath Complete!

Claiming Big Brother on the Marines for their various lenses, scopes, and targeting things.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I oath for September: Inverter / Monitor magnetized, Cinerator Officer, High Exemplar Cyrenia.

Here's my gross desk for Spic and Span

I'm moving in....a week? Yikes. So the clean picture will be at the new place and include a slightly different beige background.

I will have finally have space for a dedicated painting table, and move the computer to a separate desk.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I oath for September: Inverter / Monitor magnetized, Cinerator Officer, High Exemplar Cyrenia.

Here's my gross desk for Spic and Span

I'm moving in....a week? Yikes. So the clean picture will be at the new place and include a slightly different beige background.

I will have finally have space for a dedicated painting table, and move the computer to a separate desk.

Oath Complete!

Cleaned up my desk:

Models:

Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month for the Monitor/Inverter.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I, Nighttheii, Oath for November 5 Wolf Riders and Hand of Silence. All Privateer Press.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nighttheii, Oath for November 5 Wolf Riders and Hand of Silence. All Privateer Press.

Oath Complete!

Feels good to have finally broken my streak of never finishing cav units.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I, Nighttheii, Oath an Exemplar Warder, 7 Tharn Ravagers, and Lady of the Feast for December

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nighttheii, Oath an Exemplar Warder, 7 Tharn Ravagers, and Lady of the Feast for December

Oath Complete!

grassy gnoll posted:

I like these gals and guys in general. I think they'd really benefit from pushing your highlights just a little more, so they really pop. I don't know if that snow basing came out of a bottle or if it's homegrown, but it's got a great fresh, wet snow look.

Thanks! I agree on the highlights. I'm happy with the snow also, it's mixed from Woodland Scenics water effects and soft flake snow. (Used again this month!)