Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Well I failed the last oath of last season so I'm going to finish what I started!

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of May, a Diner by Multiverse Gaming and a Garbage Truck by TTcombat, both 35mm scale.

The Garbage Truck is my failed oath from last month so will be for my Rescue Ranger achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Nighttheii posted:

Finished this guy up, pretty happy with it.

Added the Straight Edge monthly challenge on his cloak, he looked the part for tartan.

Well done with the Tartan!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Red Shoe posted:

Oath Complete!

Nice work on the eyes!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete! Phone posting because my router is playing up though so here goes...

Edit - Claiming Straight Edge for hazard markings on the back of the truck and for the freehand Diner floor.

Thinking about adding some tattered posters to the diner walls but for now that'll do.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 31, 2018

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Zark the Damned posted:

May - Straight Edge
Paint up a pattern involving straight lines or polygons, the sharper the better! e.g. Tartan, Hazard Stripes, Chequerboard, and so on. Can be sculpted on, freehanded, using masking tape or transfers. Note that the lines can be curved so long as it represents a straight line pattern, e.g. a Tartan Cloth wrapped around your figure. This should be a repeating pattern, e.g. a single stripe or a halved colour scheme doesn't count!

Crap, knew I was forgetting something could I claim this retrospectively? I had hazard stripes on the Garbage truck and freehanded the tiled floor of the diner!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I should probably post this...

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June Diablo, Lady Shiva, Seeker and League Agents 1-3. All for Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Third Place, 1 point: Ugleb

Well-done terrain is always a nice thing to see, and the diner is just a jukebox away from perfection. (Could probably stand a bit of graffiti and a grease dump around back, but you can't have everything.) The garbage truck is also very nice--are those translucent plastic bits on the lights?

Cheers! I actually do intend to revisit at some point and add some old posters or something. I have an old fridge and sofa from one of TTCombats back alley accessory kits I may stick in there as well.

Those are indeed translucent plastic lights on the garbage truck, they came with the kit.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb, having failed last month's oath miserably due to unexpectedly heavy amounts of coursework :argh:, do hereby oath for the month of July; The Enchantress & five objective markers (Contraband, Wayne Tech, Medical Supplies & 2x Ace Chemicals drums) for Batman Miniatures Game. 35mm scale by Knight models.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

As per usual I have no end of weird last minute computer issues as I am trying to edit and post a simple picture so here's just the one image. Enjoy!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of August, an Adamant, Diamond, Obsidian and Amber Shaltari cruisers for Dropfleet Commander. By TTcombat in ridonculous scale.

And hopefully an oath addition later to get some frigates done, but we shall see!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Didn't get as much done as I'd hoped this month, but...

Oath Complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oops! Almost forgot to post me oath! Currently having to abandon my hobby space and squat on the dining room table (figuratively) while we get the new puppy settled and may well fail this month but here goes...

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, 3x Super Mutants and 2x Mutant Hounds. 28mm scale for Fallout Wasteland Warfare by Modiphius.

And Darwin the domestic disturbance:

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 8, 2018

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath addition!

I Ugleb hereby oath an addition for September!

The Lone Survivor & Dogmeat for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, and 2x Fire barrels by TTcombat.

Ugleb posted:

Oops! Almost forgot to post me oath! Currently having to abandon my hobby space and squat on the dining room table (figuratively) while we get the new puppy settled and may well fail this month but here goes...

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, 3x Super Mutants and 2x Mutant Hounds. 28mm scale for Fallout Wasteland Warfare by Modiphius.

And Darwin the domestic disturbance:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Ugleb posted:

Oath addition!

I Ugleb hereby oath an addition for September!

The Lone Survivor & Dogmeat for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, and 2x Fire barrels by TTcombat.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Just realised I forgot to take pics of the two fire barrels I oathed in September! Have I failed the month or should I edit them into my last post?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Nearly forgetting to post my oath... Again!

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of October 3x Topaz Frigates and a Shaltari Battleship with magnetised turret options.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath addition!

Green Arrow Frank Miller version, by Knight Models for Batman Minatures Game.

Electric Hobo posted:

:kingsley:September judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Ugleb

The blue shading gives the figures an interesting and very cartoony look.

Cheers! Comic book is apparently my style, good thing I paint a lot of Batman stuff!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I think I have forgotten to post my oath again.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of November:

12x Advanced Sector markers for Dropfleet Commander by TTcombat.

2x Settlers, 1x Aspirant Goddard, 1x Enslaved Tech, 1x Zetan Alien and 1x Deathclaw for Fallout Wasteland Warfare by Modiphius.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Ugleb

That's some nice muted OSL blending from the glowstick. Green on green can be tricky to pull off, and you handle it by accentuating the temperature difference between the "warm" cloth and "cool" chemical glow. The top of the head also has a nice subtle gradient to it.

Cheers! Not gonna lie, I'm quite happy with how this one turned out. Was a lot of fun to paint as well. :)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete! (Barely, God drat machines)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of December, 2x Scrap walls & 5x junk piles by Crooked Dice.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 8, 2018

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath complete!

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 29, 2018

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January;

2x Vending Machines by TTcombat
5x Back Alley accessory scatter terrain piles by TTcombat
The God drat Batman, 80th Anniversary version by Knight Models

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Ashcans posted:

Just want to say that this Batman is rad as hell, really nice work.

Thanks, it's a great sculpt even if I am kinda scared of trying to transport it to a tournament. Them bats be delicate!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Going a bit bigger on the volume this month, the kickstarters are coming in and my backlog is getting a bit... Daunting.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of February, a pile of Dreadball stuff by Mantic Games;

13x Neobots
4x Coaches
1x Event Card Holder

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Judges, I think I'm blushing! Thanks guys, I think that sets a new bar for me!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Nicely done!

For my part, oath failed! Took on too much, the stuff I thought would be quick is taking longer than expected and I probably spent too long on the first half. Oh well.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

wdarkk posted:

Oath Complete

I'm not entirely satisfied with the red in the cracks, but I just couldn't find a good way to paint those in time. I might try doing the cracks much shallower if I do something like this again.

Did you try hitting it with a red wash? I'd consider an orange highlight in there as well.

Still, you have a good serviceable moon there. To push your opponents ships into.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March:

Hush for the Batman Minature Game

4x Neobot Strikers & 2x Prone Neobots for Dreadball.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

God painting these Neobots felt like a grind. It has taken far, far longer to get this team done than I ever expected and it was only a simple paint job!

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 31, 2019

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I think I forgot to post my oath again. Derp.

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of April, Hugo Strange, Zatanna & The Electrocutioner. By Knight Models for the Batman Minature Game.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Mixed results this month, pretty happy with Zatanna & Hugo Strange (even if white is awkward to both paint and photograph), but I buggered up Electrocutioner attempting to OSL some blue light from his shock gloves. I went way too heavy with the first coat of glaze expecting it to fade out more than it did. It went a bit chalky and overwhelmed the whole thing, so I tried to fix it and settled on this. Not sure the blue is showing in pics at all now so whelp. I tried a thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Two 2nds? Was not expecting that, thanks guys!