Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, oath 5 Namarti Thralls by Games Workshop for the month of May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath addition for May, 1 Namarti Thrall standard bearer by Games Workshop

I want to finish the whole squad by the end of the month but I'm like 80% sure I won't have time, so here's the fanciest one.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Claiming Straight Edge for the icon-bearer's bogus arm tattoo and Take One For The Team because they're totally a team.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 Isharann Soulrender by Games Workshop for the month of June

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Claiming the Sun's Out challenge for the lantern/OSL.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, oath 2 Nightmare Coryphee by Wyrd for the month of July

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Despite really liking this sculpt I was not really feeling it when painting so I did a fairly quick and dirty job. Probably because it was transparent red plastic so I didn't notice a lot of mold lines and assembly mistakes until I started painting.

Claiming Getting Back To Nature because those monkeys are clearly wildlife. Fezzes grow wild on the vine in the swamps of Malifaux. Also claiming A Faithful Replica, here's the official art.

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: The Moon Monster
Lovely color choices, clear and clean with an underwater feel to it. OSL looks great.

Bonus, 1 point: The Moon Monster
Like I said, the OSL looks great.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Second Place, 2 points: The Moon Monster
Nice catch! Also very vibrant and eye-catching colors with subtle gradients, and excellent use of contrast on the edges of every armor panel and fin spine. The piece has a texture to it that leaps off the screen.

Wow, thanks! I was pretty proud of how that guy turned out.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 Isharann Soulscryer by Games Workshop for the month of August

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Claiming the Big Brother monthly challenge. He has a regular compass, a magic compass, a school of fish called "scryfish" so he must be good at surveillance right? The staff, I think, is just for show. In melee he fights using his "deadly-sharp Finger-claw" and at range he attacks you with fishy-nibbles.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 16, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ilor posted:

I absolutely love the way you've done his base.

Thanks! It's really simple: base with sand ("fine grit" from Michaels), basecoat with VMC desert yellow, wash with Army Painter strong tone, drybrush with VMC green, light drybrush with VMC light turquoise. Unless you mean the fish, those are actually part of the model.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Mon Monster, oath 1 Menoth Revenger by Privateer Press for the month of September

grassy gnoll posted:

Second place, The Moon Monster

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: The Moon Monster

Awesome, thanks! I really liked that model.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete posted in the correct thread this time

Quick and dirty to take a break from a longer project I've been working on.

It's hard finding the right angle to photograph this guy from, maybe I should have posed the spear differently...

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I The Moon Monster oath 1 mushroom man (I believe this one is called a fatty?) by the Bog's Mushies Kickstarter for the month of October

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

I The Moon Monster oath 1 mushroom man (I believe this one is called a fatty?) by the Bog's Mushies Kickstarter for the month of October

Oath Complete

Claiming Need For Speed and Cocktail Mixers for the red-yellow gradient on the cap.

After painting lots of large, intricate stuff where I'd sit down for a painting session and come away having finished, like, a leg, it was cathartic to just be sloppy and bang something out in like an hour of active painting time. I also only used blue, red, yellow, black, and white paint, which was fun.This guy has a nice, dickbuttesque, body type.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 Son of Oni by Big Child Creatives for the month of February

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

This guy was a lot of fun to paint. Not sure what scale to call it (I've seen the range referred to as 54mm, 60mm and 90mm in different places, and there are no humans in it anyway) but the goblin is about 30mm tall.