Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

it's definitely lovely and i do not like jeffyb but why is he responsible for spanish acab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

someone should break his fuckin teeth

why even bother, he'll just order more and be fixed in two days

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

three if it's a Sunday and his local postal service doesn't sub in for the last mile service

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

flakeloaf posted:

it's definitely lovely and i do not like jeffyb but why is he responsible for spanish acab?

if he paid his worker bees a living wage, they wouldn't be out there getting beaten

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://twitter.com/the_real_rotor/status/1020093187988193280

I miss rotor :allears:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
yef beelzobub

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Wow, forbes, that's a legitimate publication and not at all like a less regulated wikipedia right?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lonny spunk

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/CatFace_Joe/status/1020838157296766978?s=19

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lmao

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

EEPPPIIIIIICCCCCC!!!!

just gave your epic tweet a plus one and a retweet. also subscribed for more winnery in the future

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:ughh:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:hf:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

look at riker. that scamp!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I just got this email out of nowhere attempting to get me to join amazon’s warehouse employee abuse automation department. here it is in its entirety. the “whimsy” of the email is in stark (lol) contrast to how gross the role is.

quote:

Seeking Earth’s mightiest Software Engineers……..Join the AMAZON Avengers today!

<The Management>,

“Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk” – Tony Stark

Amazon PeopleTech’s mission is to re-invent ways for our employees to connect with one another. You will work closely with our team of engineers in designing a strategy to detect and correct errors in the existing and new Facial Recognition technology for Amazon’s Time and Attendance systems. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to have a global impact on a Greenfield project involving cutting-edge AWS technologies, data analytics, and machine learning. We build highly scalable event processing systems that let us turn our firehose of data into instant visualizations.

PeopleTech is looking for Sr. Software Development Engineers with:
· 5+ years of coding experience in any of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, or Ruby.
· 1-2 years of experience in a Tech Leadership role

Here is a link to a short video about PeopleTech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_dPvDsC83Y
These roles will all be located in Seattle, WA USA (Amazon USA Headquarters). We have multiple relocation packages to choose from.
We also offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 1st year sign on Bonus, 2nd year Retention Bonus
- Stock Package, free shares given to you (no purchasing required)
- Full Benefits (401k percentage match, Health, Dental, Vision, etc.)

If you are interested please reply with your recent resume. If not feel free to relay this to any qualified individuals in your network and I will advise you of the next steps and information on the roles we have available.

Thanks,
P.S. “I Am Grooooooot!”
<literal image of baby groot attached here>

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

the name "PeopleTech" gives me shivers

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the tech team contributed 3 lines of that req and the rest is all internal recruiting fluff lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Gazpacho posted:

the tech team contributed 3 lines of that req and the rest is all internal recruiting fluff lol

the tech team just wrote “guard tower operator wanted” and the recruiter had to punch it up

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
jf beanshits

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Roosevelt posted:

the name "PeopleTech" gives me shivers

“sorry to bother” you is a documentary

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

The Management posted:

I just got this email out of nowhere attempting to get me to join amazon’s warehouse employee abuse automation department. here it is in its entirety. the “whimsy” of the email is in stark (lol) contrast to how gross the role is.

Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk if you wanna meet your quota -- Tony Stark

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Gazpacho posted:

hr fluff n stuff

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

bubp

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
jumpf beitshits

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
sweet bozos and hella jeff

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

jizz bozo

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
What the hell does:

The Management posted:

We have multiple relocation packages to choose from.

mean?

I'm too low-skill to ever have to worry about someone wanting to ship my rear end out of the MKE so it's not something I'm especially familiar with?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Schadenboner posted:

What the hell does:

mean?

'you get to pick which $3500/month 1BR in a gentrified neighborhood you want'

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

What the hell does:

mean?

I'm too low-skill to ever have to worry about someone wanting to ship my rear end out of the MKE so it's not something I'm especially familiar with?

along the lines of https://www.theonion.com/united-airlines-exploring-viability-of-stacking-them-li-1819571115

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Schadenboner posted:

What the hell does:

mean?

it means either they will hire a moving company to haul your stuff over or they will give you some cash to do it yourself.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/23/amazon-fc-ambassadors-twitter-working-conditions

Amazon's 'ambassador' workers assure Twitter: we can go to the toilet any time

Army of fulfillment center employees jump to company’s defense online when it faces a barrage of bad press

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well, I guess I can close the threrad

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

Amazon's 'ambassador' workers assure Twitter: we can go to the toilet any time

how is that not an onion article

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted: