Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I can't sleep but I need to be up in a few hours for our annual holiday party for the book clubs one of which my mom and I help facilitate for awesome people with intellectual disabilities. Every year I read a holiday book to everyone and they like it a lot and it makes me happy.

There's a lot of poo poo in the world that makes me feel bad or hopeless or pointless or doomed, but that's not one of them and I really really hope this stuff I do makes even the slightest light in the world.

Happy Holidays and gently caress Donald Trump, God Bless

Former children's librarian here so I've spent a lot of time reading to people . You add something wonderful to their day, and add joy to the world with what you do. It's a good thing, and you're a good person for doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lamuella posted:

Former children's librarian here so I've spent a lot of time reading to people . You add something wonderful to their day, and add joy to the world with what you do. It's a good thing, and you're a good person for doing it.

It's funny because one of our readers who I'm really close to is chronologically older than me but he has Down syndrome (or as he is adamant in correcting, "Up syndrome" :3:) so developmentally he's kinda a permanent early adolescent, and it's the closest thing I'll probably ever get to knowing what it's like to be an older brother. :)

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
v cool, what book are you going to read?

i’m trying to remember this book a librarian read me as a kid where some sort of strange antique salesman gives these kids a dragon egg and hijinks ensue

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

WatermelonGun posted:

i’m trying to remember this book a librarian read me as a kid where some sort of strange antique salesman gives these kids a dragon egg and hijinks ensue

Jeremy Thatcher: Dragon Hatcher?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WatermelonGun posted:

This year's selection is one called "Santa's Stuck!" He eats too many cookies and gets his fat rear end stuck in a chimney and a bunch of animals help push him free. I think the audience will appreciate it. :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

All of this and can I get a gently caress Boris Johnson up in here too

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

All of this and can I get a gently caress Boris Johnson up in here too

I will cosign this amendment

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hello friends, I have discovered a lifehack: If you want to pick up and learn electro swing dancing in the comfort of your own room, wear socks. Or shoes. Some kind of footwear. Any kind.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I can't sleep but I need to be up in a few hours for our annual holiday party for the book clubs one of which my mom and I help facilitate for awesome people with intellectual disabilities. Every year I read a holiday book to everyone and they like it a lot and it makes me happy.

There's a lot of poo poo in the world that makes me feel bad or hopeless or pointless or doomed, but that's not one of them and I really really hope this stuff I do makes even the slightest light in the world.

Lamuella posted:

Reading for others and being read to are such great pleasures! :)

I always like going to readings of stories, and have also had the pleasure of hearing the same excerpts read out by multiple people. Who tells and reads the story is just as impactful as who wrote it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Jeremy Thatcher: Dragon Hatcher?

gently caress that’s totally it, and I’ve been trying to remember it for like two years. bless you, bless you. kinda want to wake my partner up and tell them all filled with PEanut butter whisky

santa’s stuck sounds cool too.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Artelier posted:

I always like going to readings of stories, and have also had the pleasure of hearing the same excerpts read out by multiple people. Who tells and reads the story is just as impactful as who wrote it.

Neil Gaiman used to do readings of A Christmas Carol from Dickens' own performance script, at the New York Public Library. I never saw one in person but the recordings are incredible https://www.nypl.org/blog/2014/12/19/podcast-neil-gaiman-christmas

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Y'all were right, Knives Out was a shitload of fun, I'm so glad I went and saw it.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This year's selection is one called "Santa's Stuck!" He eats too many cookies and gets his fat rear end stuck in a chimney and a bunch of animals help push him free. I think the audience will appreciate it. :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Karmicknight, I made a mistake. That Yogscast Wrestling Rumble was not the pen & paper rpg they played last year, but actual WWE 2k19 matches with themed Yogscast ppl in it. You can skip that if it's not your jam.

There was a bit in a ladder match for the Yogscast Stream Championship and the AI for Sips was slapping Barry's but, which did no damage, while Barry was getting the belt and Barry ended up winning. So in cannon, Sips was just giving Barry a pat on the bum for support.

Dunno if they'll break their $5mil recrord from 2ish years ago, but it's still extremely cool they've raised $2 mil in just 2 weeks.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 14, 2019

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Y'all were right, Knives Out was a shitload of fun, I'm so glad I went and saw it.

Lmaoooo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What Are y'all as favorite games from this year? Mine are Resident Evil 2 remake Devil May Cry 5 Assassin's Creed Odyssey The Walking Dead the final season death stranding and life is strange 2.

I'm looking forward to The Last of Us II Persona 5 Royale cyberpunk 2077 and Resident Evil 3 remake

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Spikegal posted:

Are y'all as favorite games from this year? Mine are Resident Evil 2 remake Devil May Cry 5 Assassin's Creed Odyssey The Walking Dead the final season death stranding and life is strange 2.

I'm looking forward to The Last of Us II Persona 5 Royale cyberpunk 2077 and Resident Evil 3 remake

My Game of the Year is Baba Is You, and I'm not apologizing for it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Finally a story I can relate to

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Spikegal posted:

What Are y'all as favorite games from this year? Mine are Resident Evil 2 remake Devil May Cry 5 Assassin's Creed Odyssey The Walking Dead the final season death stranding and life is strange 2.

I haven't played so many but Death Stranding, The Outer Worlds and Life is Strange 2 were all great. Death Stranding would rank pretty highly among my games of the decade.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I love you so much J-Ru. This made my morning. :lol:

This is a wonderful early Christmas present. :3:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Spikegal posted:

Control, Hypnospace Outlaw and Devotion, and I really love The Outer Wilds but I'm terrible at it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Well my day sucks.
I've been trying to hook up with the Department of Developmental Services. Part of this involves a mental health assessment in Worcester. I mentioned it elsewhere but Worcester is the worst planned state in the country. Last time I was there with my mom we almost got plastered in a poorly designed traffic circle and she turned in the wrong way on a one-way street twice. So she's not driving there in winter. My therapist really wants the appointment done sooner rather than later so I pushed the schedule from March to January on the assumption I could get a PT7 (transport to the appointment). I call them, they tell me I have to arrange it through my Primary Care Doctor. My December appointment with her gets pushed back a month and a half so I won't be able to see her on time. I try to get a message through at her office, the receptionist offers to take care of it on their end. She does but I get a note back saying I was denied because of no listed medical reason. Apparently I needed to spell out 'my anxiety and spatial awareness are so bad it's not a matter of 'if' I'll get in an accident, it's 'when''.
Just...gently caress all of this. I can not deal with this on top of more evidence that all hope of ever progressing the world closer to the Utopian Ideal is dead and the realization that online dating isn't going to work out and I have no other avenues to explore.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
disco elysium
kotor 2

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oh, games.
1) Fire Emblem: 3 Houses
2) Disco Elysium
3) Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
4) Pokemon Sword/Shield
5) SaGa: Scarlet Grace
6) Death Stranding

Wow I didn't really play much this year.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Undertale

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I got hooked by Stardew Valley for the 50th time :/

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Undertale

Undertale is simultaneously the most Joy I've ever felt in the game in the worst I've ever felt in the game. Life is strange 2 came real close to the most dread. Life is strange 2 saying cops loving suck is my mood for 2019

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

1. Dragon Quest XI
2. Dragon Warrior
3. Resident Evil (Jill)
4. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
5. Resident Evil 2 (Leon A/Claire B)
6. Enter the Gungeon (all pasts killed)
6.1 (Bullet and Robot past killed)
7. Devil May Cry
8. Devil May Cry 2 (Dante)
9. Pokemon Blue
10. Pokemon Crystal
11. Castlevania
12. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
13. Metroid: Zero Mission
14. Metroid Fusion
15. Symphony of the Night
16. Contra (Arcade)
17. Contra (NES)
18. Contra (Famicon)
19. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
20. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (Lol)
21. Mega Man 9
22. Mega Man 7
23. Mega Man 8
24. Mega Man 10
25. Mega Man X
26. Mega Man X2

thats everything i played and beat this year idk if i'll beat anything else

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

If I played Stardew Valley 50 times I think I'd marry Abigail 50 times.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish games didnt use animals as cannon fodder

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I played and beat Super Mario World again this year when it came out for the Switch. That's still like the best video game ever made. Got all the exits too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trip report: they loved the story. I'm tired and didn't sleep nearly enough last night but I'm happy. :unsmith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Trip report: they loved the story. I'm tired and didn't sleep nearly enough last night but I'm happy. :unsmith:
That’s awesome :) you’re good people foochs

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

That’s awesome :) you’re good people foochs

Also another group of some of the readers read through a short literary adaptation of the Disney Aladdin movie, and they decided to sing A Whole New World at the appropriate time and unless I'm nuts the rest of the party started singing with them partway through. It was :3: as hell.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I got a new dishwasher finally installed, jesus its amazing how much one solid appliance can reduce your day to day stress

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

On a one night trip to Norwich (to go to the only place in the UK that does decent Buffalo wings) and on our way back to the hotel we walked right past the World Association of Wrestling (Ricky and Saraya Knight's company)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I should do something nice for someone for christmas

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Treat yourself That Dick!

Watching American Psycho and man, I think I'm glad for having mainly missed out on what was considered classics, back in the day.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Spikegal posted:

I don't play a lot of new games but I really liked Dicey Dungeons

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Some games I liked this year:

-Katana Zero
-My Friend Pedro
-Devil May Cry V
-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-Wolfenstein: Youngblood
-Death Stranding
-Control
-The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa
-Shakedown Hawaii
-River City Girls
-Daemon X Machina

I feel like I'm forgetting something else big I played. If I had to pick a GOTY out of those I think I'd go with Fire Emblem unless Death Stranding wows me enough by the time I finish it. There's a chance that it might, I'm loving it so far

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 15, 2019

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Spikegal posted:

As I only have a PS4 that gets consistent use, that should be enough disclaimer for my choices:

Stellaris: Console Edition
Borderlands 3
Slay the Spire (I know it’s been on PC longer)
Civilization VI

Most everything else I played wasn’t noteworthy or came out before this year.

I really wanted to like Path of Exile on PS4 but the performance when I tried last (early Legion) was utter poo poo. I enjoyed Synthesis, but alas. Hoping they fix things so I can give it another try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I also had my fun with Travis Strikes Again but that's not a good game and I don't recommend it unless you absolutely love Suda51