Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I purchased Gris and Katana Zero, excited to try them out. May purchase a Pokemon game because I have recently discovered the Nuzlocke Challenge (thanks Jaiden Animations) and want to do it. Currently Nuzlockeing Smash Bros and it is IMPOSSIBLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Time to send my eyes and ears straight to hell by watching Ron Howard's The Grinch

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The camera is literally always swiveling on a pendulum. I've never seen another movie do this, it's making me sea sick.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
The white Christian petrostate I live in has said some questionable things in the name of propaganda, but this may take the cake:

I definitely wanted to pay more for tuition as a poor student!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Good luck, hope you get it!

I got the offer but the starting date is a bad time (I'd have a week with no housing as schools provide that for ESL teachers) which wouldn't be awful but i have furniture and a cat sk that's no bueno. Plus the housing lokks really run down so I'm probably gonna turn it down.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

neinnunb w/e name im on fone sorry request again if youd like to

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mekchu posted:

I got the offer but the starting date is a bad time (I'd have a week with no housing as schools provide that for ESL teachers) which wouldn't be awful but i have furniture and a cat sk that's no bueno. Plus the housing lokks really run down so I'm probably gonna turn it down.

drat, that sucks, but at least you get to turn it down on your own terms.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Been thinking things like "Sucking on my fucker" lately, and imagining gen Z kids walking down halls in school saying "Sucky motha fucky" the new slang in the streets. Losing my mind slowly perhaps. Watched Billy madison. He called the poo poo poop

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

Been thinking things like "Sucking on my fucker" lately, and imagining gen Z kids walking down halls in school saying "Sucky motha fucky" the new slang in the streets. Losing my mind slowly perhaps. Watched Billy madison. He called the poo poo poop

Do any of the older Sandler movies hold up because the new ones definitely don't

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I still laughed a lot, surprisingly not super problematic besides a couple things here and there. It's unbearably stupid, but so am I

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9WZdK0pSXI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Do any of the older Sandler movies hold up because the new ones definitely don't

I'm kinda scared to go back and watch Waterboy because it was my favorite ever Sandler movie but not too long ago I saw Little Nicky again and I couldn't make it through more than 30 minutes without hitting max cringe overload.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If peeing your pants is cool, then call me Miles Davis

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I'm kinda scared to go back and watch Waterboy because it was my favorite ever Sandler movie but not too long ago I saw Little Nicky again and I couldn't make it through more than 30 minutes without hitting max cringe overload.

I watched it around a week ago for the first time in over a decade and it still got belly laughs out of me, go for it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

This is an official Sandler zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke4QCHngBCg

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Uncut Gems is my must watch movie right now.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Im afraid to go back and watch Mr. Deeds too

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Uncut Gems is my must watch movie right now.

It's on Netflix at the end of January

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Star Wars marathon on TNT, and I have a ticket to Rise of Skywalker (which will be ridiculous), so I’m catching up.

The prequels are pretty dumb so far.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wish the new movies were bad in a funny way like the prequels instead of bad in the boring way that they are

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I mostly like the prequels for the spectacle :shobon:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like the new movies they're fun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hey, if somebody's about to drop their "Last Jedi was bad" take, please understand that it's kind of traumatic to have to wade through the unrelenting hatred Star Wars fans have for women and black people and nontraditionally attractive Asian women and that a ridiculously large number of said takes are just about that, and there was also a huge effort on Russia's part to politicize Star Wars' efforts to be more diverse in the US. (https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/2/17927696/star-wars-the-last-jedi-russian-trolls-bots-study)

This isn't to say that you're required to like a thing, but it does mean that a lot of us are going to give you the side-eye and worry about your motivations, so maybe describe your problem with it beyond "I hated it."

Yes, it's unfair that those people have made it suspicious that you didn't like a thing, but that already happened and you can't do anything about it, so it'd be really cool if you were aware of it before talking about this.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
lol

star wars sucks

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Hey, if somebody's about to drop their "Last Jedi was bad" take, please understand that it's kind of traumatic to have to wade through the unrelenting hatred Star Wars fans have for women and black people and nontraditionally attractive Asian women and that a ridiculously large number of said takes are just about that, and there was also a huge effort on Russia's part to politicize Star Wars' efforts to be more diverse in the US. (https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/2/17927696/star-wars-the-last-jedi-russian-trolls-bots-study)

This isn't to say that you're required to like a thing, but it does mean that a lot of us are going to give you the side-eye and worry about your motivations, so maybe describe your problem with it beyond "I hated it."

Yes, it's unfair that those people have made it suspicious that you didn't like a thing, but that already happened and you can't do anything about it, so it'd be really cool if you were aware of it before talking about this.

This is through the looking glass as hell with the Russia thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bradzilla posted:

I mostly like the prequels for the spectacle :shobon:

I enjoyed them except for the Jar Jar character(no surprise there, really) and the major age gap between Anakin and Padmei.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

what the gently caress

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

I enjoyed them except for the Jar Jar character(no surprise there, really) and the major age gap between Anakin and Padmei.

what about the trade federation or the scruffy big nosed slave owner

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The Last Jedi’s problem isn’t that it had non-cishet white people in it, it’s that it talked big game about fighting against entrenched power and lovely systems and fighting against the endless cycle of war and strife, and then in the last 30~45 minutes it backtracked on all of that and became boring status quo Third Way bullshit.

TLJ could have been so good.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
traumatic post pollyanna

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the last jedi is the worst star wars movie

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I haven't seen it, nor will i, lol

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The Last Jedi is good

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Russians are at it again

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Drew McIntyre posted:

the last jedi is the worst star wars movie
So I lay out exactly why you shouldn't just drop this bullshit without backing it up and you do exactly that to either antagonize me, or let your racist, sexist freak flag fly, and frankly either way you're being an rear end in a top hat.

I will never understand people who want to make other people feel uncomfortable or unsafe as their hobby.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
it’s a children’s movie socks

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sucking on my fucker

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WatermelonGun posted:

it’s a children’s movie socks
It's a children's movie every racist, sexist rear end in a top hat used as a rallying cry to redpill a bunch of people who didn't like a kid's movie.

It's a children's movie. It is not just a children's movie.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

everyone knows I main darkside sith, its cool if you're disgusted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

E: utterly pointless