Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

elf help book posted:

"why do games all suck now" *goes back to solely using $2000 gaming pc to watch fortnite streams*

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

"why do games all suck now" *goes back to solely using $2000 gaming pc to watch fortnite streams*

pure gaming bliss is sitting back in my 700 dollar race car chair, setting up my 200 dollar shure mic with a 100 dollar baffle, turning on retroarch, setting all the supersai eagle 3x filters to on, stretching the picture to 16:9, setting the internal resolution to 1900x1280, and playing ever retro classic ever made on my pc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

pure gaming bliss is sitting back in my 700 dollar race car chair, setting up my 200 dollar shure mic with a 100 dollar baffle, turning on retroarch, setting all the supersai eagle 3x filters to on, stretching the picture to 16:9, setting the internal resolution to 1900x1280, and playing ever retro classic ever made on my pc

Thank you for helping exbuff with his streaming setup.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thank you for helping exbuff with his streaming setup.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I wanna play through all the old God of War games now

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I wanna play through all the old God of War games now

I liked 1,2 and 3 a lot. Never played ascension.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i only played the original trilogy and 2 was the clear stand out to me. idk why those games get a bad wrap they're just goofy fun poo poo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I dont think 1 would hold up too well today with bayonetta in the world, but 2 is great and I dont know of any game that gets as wild with its setpieces

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ya the hades section in the first game is some pure rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The original trilogy is fairly win for sure.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I forgot Ascension even existed til just now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I ever knew about them were the gently caress mini games bc I remember thinking it was weird that the GTA3 hack got that game pulled off of shelves but Gow was always fine.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The only thing I ever knew about them were the gently caress mini games bc I remember thinking it was weird that the GTA3 hack got that game pulled off of shelves but Gow was always fine.

Probably because they don’t actually show the loving

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

one day a picture is going to leak of me eating tofurky on my racing chair next to my $200 shure mic and everyone will realise all the times ive been unintentionally trolled by lyles posts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bender Bending R-r-r-rodriguez.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

PCucks paying 1800$ for a videocard due to yospos farming refusing to pay more than 50 cents for a game ftw

I want to laugh at this but it just makes me angry

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pizza Hut’s newest dish, the P’Cuck

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i only played the original trilogy and 2 was the clear stand out to me. idk why those games get a bad wrap they're just goofy fun poo poo

I dont think they did until the new game was coming out and they needed the narrative that Kratos was a bad man from an embarrassing game series so it would be really profound when he says “i like my son more than i like dismembering people”

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

I want to laugh at this but it just makes me angry

the more you spend upfront on a gaming system the cheaper the games are. its just basic economics

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

I dont think they did until the new game was coming out and they needed the narrative that Kratos was a bad man from an embarrassing game series so it would be really profound when he says “i like my son more than i like dismembering people”

Retroactively throwing the hundreds of people that spent a decade developing your older games under the bus to upsell your Naughty Dog knockoff FTMFW

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yeah and for some reason ppl think anyone who played those games took it super seriously like they're the chosen few who can see the truth

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Retroactively throwing the hundreds of people that spent a decade developing your older games under the bus to upsell your Naughty Dog knockoff FTMFW

this worked out well for the Ghostbusters reboot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think it's all the same people, they just made it a naughty dog game bc it would sell better in the age of the Woke Consumer

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd be way more interested in this game, even with the laughable moral stuff, if it wasn't pandering to mid 30s gaming dads who can only understand the world in terms of their own experiences, so expect every "serious" game to have kids like they do now

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
It is kinda like they looked at popular trends in modern video games and pop culture, and stuck them in one game and polished it up real good. Skill trees, loot, father figure and child on a journey together, Marvel making Thor popular, Dark Souls combat. I still loved it, cause the combat is alot of fun, you get alot of options in combat styles based off your armor, and there's no QTE's for inane poo poo like struggling to open a chest despite being a god. But valid criticisms for sure. Also its really pretty.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

It is kinda like they looked at popular trends in modern video games and pop culture, and stuck them in one game and polished it up real good. Skill trees, loot, father figure and child on a journey together, Marvel making Thor popular, Dark Souls combat. I still loved it, cause the combat is alot of fun, you get alot of options in combat styles based off your armor, and there's no QTE's for inane poo poo like struggling to open a chest despite being a god. But valid criticisms for sure. Also its really pretty.

Oh word?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

he's going to play the lovely games that suck rear end, and give all their flaws a pass

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Id be more interested in the game if it didnt have a weird moral crusade to subvert tropes or whatever insane motivation they had to use god of war of all things for the reboot

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It would be awesome if they rebooted Duke Nukem to take the Glorious pill and defend mother Europe from the dark hordes.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

it's extremely lame that they moved the series about murdering gods to norse mythology which is full of insane warrior gods with power over the elements and the only god you fight is baldur, the mummy's boy god

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
you guys are all longwinded tards its just fun to play and the son is cool.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

It would be awesome if they rebooted Duke Nukem to take the Glorious pill and defend mother Europe from the dark hordes.

Imagine GeertVision, the ability to drop Geert Wilders into any game.

Geert in God of War: The analysis is clear, we have a great problem with Islam, in the Netherlands too. The solution is not so complicated; what is missing are political guts and a feeling of urgency. Immigration from Islamic countries should be forbidden. We must learn to be intolerant with the intolerant, in the street, in the mosque, in court. We must answer hatred and violence by terrorists with exclusion and intolerance and show who the boss in the Netherlands is.

Geert in Halo: I don't hate Muslims. I hate Islam.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I think it's all the same people, they just made it a naughty dog game bc it would sell better in the age of the Woke Consumer

David Jaffe left after GoW2

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's Just Fun is back.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

duke nukem should say Women are the Garbage of the Western World and be that macho wacho piece of poo poo i'd love to suck in gently caress like in the latest demonius x hit video - demonius asks Why

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

duke nukem should say Women are the Garbage of the Western World and be that macho wacho piece of poo poo i'd love to suck in gently caress like in the latest demonius x hit video - demonius asks Why

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
*rips a valkrie’s arms and legs off in slow motion* Thank you, Kratos, you have freed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

• Locked thread