Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The story was fine, and the traveling dialogue and random Norse myths were well voice acted, but it’s crazy to me that so many game writers lost their mind at the complex themes like “be nice to your son, but sometimes say no to him”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ancient Chinese Dollars. - Krato's Son, Loki

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The story was fine, and the traveling dialogue and random Norse myths were well voice acted, but it’s crazy to me that so many game writers lost their mind at the complex themes like “be nice to your son, but sometimes say no to him”

It's because they're failsons but like to think they're the strong, stoic, type. hth

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dude...username post combo. Haven’t seen one as epic as that since livestock’s old Photoshop Phriday’s.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

doggos have finally adulted

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's not even 1 take. When you enter portals the screen turns white before loading the other side. I guess when it's a white screen and not black people are like 'woah that totally wasn't a cut'. Not even mentioning entering shopping or skill screens. Like, it's fine, it's ok but stop going insane over how it's 1 take.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Palpek posted:

It's not even 1 take. When you enter portals the screen turns white before loading the other side. I guess when it's a white screen and not black people are like 'woah that totally wasn't a cut'. Not even mentioning entering shopping or skill screens. Like, it's fine, it's ok but stop going insane over how it's 1 take.

Nice. Who was the nerd from gbs who made this post?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

One take? More like one piece.... Of poo poo from my rear end.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The PS3 version of Chains of Olympus is stupidly easy, especially because dodging doesn’t require you to hold down L+R+LS now. The hard mode is basically like I’d expect GOW2’s easy mode to be except even easier

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmao I caved the big Persian guy’s head in and Trophy unlocked! - Persian History X

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lmao I caved the big Persian guy’s head in and Trophy unlocked! - Persian History X

Lol Jesus

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

hahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Trophy unlocked! - Two Girls One Spartan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There's a trophy in I think 2 where you can behead a woman for no reason after you solve a puzzle and you get a trophy called Bros Before Hos.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

There's a trophy in I think 2 where you can behead a woman for no reason after you solve a puzzle and you get a trophy called Bros Before Hos.

LMFAO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I checked and it was Ascension but they patched it to rename it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

that owns

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Only a true lunatic would get a 9-to-5 inserting achievements and trophies into games that didn’t have them originally.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh yeah I remember the Games thread had to be closed at one point because of this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Very smooth. Controversy: solved.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I’m just waiting for something like Trophy unlocked! - The Final Solution To The Harpy Question to pop up now. This game became fun again

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lumpy the Cook posted:

gottem

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Palpek posted:

this confused me but i think what people mean is a film style 'long take' where its one continuous shot but what theyre actually talking about is how the game moves seamlessly between gameplay and story/cutscene stuff but games have been doing that forever so idk why everyone freaked out over it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

this confused me but i think what people mean is a film style 'long take' where its one continuous shot but what theyre actually talking about is how the game moves seamlessly between gameplay and story/cutscene stuff but games have been doing that forever so idk why everyone freaked out over it

I'm not even that hot on the game but the single-take is an incredible technical achievement in terms of animation and asset management

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was better when MGSV did it bc that game is cooler

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the ground zeros opening cutscene is still sick

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

In Training posted:

bleh

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm not even that hot on the game but the single-take is an incredible technical achievement in terms of animation and asset management

its completely stupid because it means theres no campfire scene on their epic hike like it all takes place in one day gently caress off

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

The Fox engine was too good for this world

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

its completely stupid because it means theres no campfire scene on their epic hike like it all takes place in one day gently caress off

This. Plus, who gives a rat's rear end! gently caress off. One-take loving gamers are loving LOSERS!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Even MGS4 does that. MGS4 looks like the weird obviously fake trailers from the late aughties E3s, but for real.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Even MGS4 does that. MGS4 looks like the weird obviously fake trailers from the late aughties E3s, but for real.

at least mgs4 has actual camera angles during cutscenes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gow people may as well go into t-poses when they arent talking

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

these two posts back to back ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really don't think it has iframes lol