Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TV Zombie posted:

Getting to episode 5 of Ultramarine Magmell and their treatment of this shopkeeper just seems so abusive and there was really no point for them to act in the way that they did, that I had to stop watching. Is the series get better afterwards?

I think you're taking a pretty slapstick episode way more seriously than intended. It's practically a Roadrunner cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

one of the fansubbers who did the series as it aired threatened to quit subbing the show because of that ep lol

it's the only one i watched after the first and i enjoyed it, didn't hear anything about the series after

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

:/ They just seem to scam their ways into bargains and won't even let him escape to magmell in peace.

His 30 year loan!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TV Zombie posted:

:/ They just seem to scam their ways into bargains and won't even let him escape to magmell in peace.

His 30 year loan!

They don't want him going to Magmell because they know full-well he'll die there. And he's not gonna listen to them if they straight-up tell him that, because he despises Inyo.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I don't know if Seis Manos goes here or in TVIV but holy poo poo this show loving owns, do not sleep on it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah it has some really well animated and seriously brutal fights.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I am, in fact, going to sleep on it.

You're not the boss of me.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nipponophile posted:

I am, in fact, going to sleep on it.

You're not the boss of me.

I mean you're missing out on, basically, Mexican Wu-Tang Devilman :shrug: I'm not the boss of you but you're only hurting yourself by not watching it

e: like, real talk, this is probably one of the best shows Netflix has ever put out and if they Tuca & Bertie it I'm gonna be mad as hell

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 27, 2019

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sindai posted:

Yeah it has some really well animated and seriously brutal fights.

the animation in the trailer is so choppy that it gave me a splitting headache

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean you're missing out on, basically, Mexican Wu-Tang Devilman :shrug: I'm not the boss of you but you're only hurting yourself by not watching it

e: like, real talk, this is probably one of the best shows Netflix has ever put out and if they Tuca & Bertie it I'm gonna be mad as hell

:raise: I'm not exactly sure what, but something tells me that that was just some obstinate-style banter and they actually either don't care one way or another or they are planning on or are currently watching the show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Glanced at the "coming this week" tab and saw that Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, Haikyu!, Girls & Panzer, and K-on! are all apparently coming to netflix.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The Girls Und Panzer movie just went up sometime last week.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Mokinokaro posted:

The Girls Und Panzer movie just went up sometime last week.

I've never watched the series it follows on from, but that didn't matter as I was just wildly entertained by the gloriously stupid premise and strong action (I enjoyed the inventive use of the tanks).

Really enjoyed Seis Manos too, particularly the fight choreography. Hope it gets a Season 2.

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day destroyed me with the finale. Really enjoyed it, really cried my eyes out.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

the animation in the trailer is so choppy that it gave me a splitting headache

The animation in a lot of places has relatively few frames, but the fights themselves are choreographed really well. The setting for the show is pretty unique too!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is more Jojo coming to netflix?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I watched all of Hero/Mask for some reason.

The gently caress was that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fuzz posted:

I watched all of Hero/Mask for some reason.

The gently caress was that?

You did better than me, I couldn't make it past the first episode and the protagonist's name.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You did better than me, I couldn't make it past the first episode and the protagonist's name.

JAMES BLOOD WEARS RED TO CELEBRATE HIS PEOPLE.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was able to ignore it because I was already aware of the British actor nick blood

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Season 2 was incredibly boring though

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jose posted:

The whole thing was kinda boring. There were so many plot hooks all over the place that went loving nowhere as they kept shoving new characters in.

Why does the chief have a metal hand? Where the gently caress are all the other masks? What the gently caress happened to brunette lawyer girl? Why did everyone stop caring about directly linking who killed Monica to the secret evil dudes? The gently caress was that ending?

It was just 20+ episodes of flashy half-baked nonsense.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jose posted:

I'm amazed it got a second season.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i tuned out when they had an unironic loose cannon talk in the first episode

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I was ill and suffering insomnia as a result when I watched the first season which might be why I got through it all because I honestly barely remember anything

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I never watched Saint Seiya before and it’s pretty dang good? I’m about 10 episodes in and liking it more than I thought I would.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the old tv show? yeah it rules, it just gets too samey after the first big story arc

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this sturgill simpson prog country anime ova Sound & Fury is dope as hell

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

scary ghost dog posted:

this sturgill simpson prog country anime ova Sound & Fury is dope as hell

:yeah:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Any idea when Hi Score Girl season 2 will be up? Or is it already and I just can't find the new episodes?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

probably early January, that's when they said Beastars would be up which is their other show this season

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Can't find the dedicated Aggretsuko thread (do we even have one for it?), And season 3 was just added, so I'll just post here:

Wow, the last two episodes went to dark places :stonk:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Aggretsuko felt like a series finale instead of a season finale tbh although since Aggretsuko is explicitly a corporate product rather than one artists vision I assume it would just run until no more money can be squeezed out of it.

My favorite part of Aggretsuko is when the villain or annoying characters get humanized and its clear that they're not evil just assholes like with Tsunoda, Anai, the hippo lady, or even Ton when he gave Retsuko advice because he was worried about her health in Season 1 so the reveal withKomiya being an idol otaku blogger and becoming extremely supportive of Retsuko's career was great.

The last two episodes were dark as hell though yeah. Aggretsuko has a habit of doing that in their final two episodes end of season 1 she's patiently enduring emotional neglect from her boyfriend. end of season 2 shes living like a homeless person in her millionaire boyfriends limo who refuses to let her work. but this season was way more pronounced than even those two.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
On the subject of Haida I felt really disappointed to the point of feeling cheated. Maybe it's because I'm speaking from the perspective of a guy who pined after the same girl throughout all of highschool, only to look back at it and realize I was wasting my time on someone who was just not that into me. Seeing it here made me literally yell "Let go of this sunk-cost-fallacy, and go to the woman who is showing actual interest in you and your hobbies"

I knew from the start it won't happen between him and Inui because of the show's aggravating need to return to the status quo, but for a moment I actually believed :smith:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Solar Tornado posted:

On the subject of Haida I felt really disappointed to the point of feeling cheated. Maybe it's because I'm speaking from the perspective of a guy who pined after the same girl throughout all of highschool, only to look back at it and realize I was wasting my time on someone who was just not that into me. Seeing it here made me literally yell "Let go of this sunk-cost-fallacy, and go to the woman who is showing actual interest in you and your hobbies"

I knew from the start it won't happen between him and Inui because of the show's aggravating need to return to the status quo, but for a moment I actually believed :smith:

yeah it’s honestly super frustrating because at the end of the day this show tries to be...I guess “real”. Like, yeah, Retsuko getting a rich boyfriend that invented a super AI isn’t realistic, and on a surface level her joining an idol group is something straight out of a sitcom that jumped the shark, but those are ultimately backdrops for the overall things it’s trying to say, like not settling for a halfassed relationship or trying to live your best life even when you’re twenty-six year old retail worker.

It feels like a huge disservice to Haida’s character to have all these little scenes since S1 where just about every minor character gets something to humanize them beyond just being office-themed Sanrio characters and just have him be...a cliche office-themed character, only without the part where his crush at least eventually reciprocated his feelings.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hyena boy has a spine like a got-damned communion wafer

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Anyone watch Japan sink 2020 or great pretender? Sink is from the devilman crybaby director (some similar character designs too) but I haven't seen either yet.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Great Pretender is REALLY good so far.

I haven't watched Japan Sinks because I'm not really in the mood for a disaster story atm.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The show just feels obligated to give us that Ross and Rachel dynamic despite everyone in-universe and out-of-universe not really wanting that dynamic to be there

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I found it cute! You know. In season 1. Then it kind of extended way past its expiration date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Haven't watched S3 but a friend voiced concern that she really didn't like them playing the "letting her vent and then pulling her head out of her rear end because she's so irrational and he's just so understanding but he knows what's good for her" cliché straight since not only is Retsuko reeling and traumatized from being assaulted, her genuine safety concerns are left unaddressed so the show can go back to the status quo.