Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
was actually banned because ska brings shame to the letters K S and A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

ChrisBTY posted:

Unfortunately the first step is to convince the populace that our alliance with Saudi Arabia is not mutually beneficial and it usually amounts to us doing their dirty work in exchange for rich people getting richer.

In this regard the tendency of humans to skim for content could be useful for once, since selling 'bad rich muslim oil men are loving with America' is not a hard sell. The nuance of entwined political allegiance would hopefully go over their head.

But now we're toeing into political quagmires that I'll admit are a little out of my depth.

oh completely rewriting the political climate of several nations is a little out of your depth? like the saudi deal sucks, they have atrocious national policies and anything they do tyo change is likely just window dressing but you either cancel your sub or you don't. You aren't complicit or in favor of it if you dont but these revolution-esque posts are dumb as hell. like i aint saying "ntohing matters never try" but for real some things are just above you

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
some things are attainable w/r/t brands and companies and lovely marketing things they do, which is even proven recently when they backed down on the Moolah thing but poo poo like that is attainable b/c its just the company itself doing something within the company itself. KSA poo poo is just a large gear in a machine too big to do something about at the level you can control personally, or even with a small group of people, at least within the current system of things. its unfortunate but you basically have to rectify that within your own self and affect things in a way you can: do not contribute to the product or its profits and do things to help ease the issues caused by it such as charities that help refugees or things from countries with oppressive regimes. even if you cannot change the problem itself, you can help ease the issues caused by it even in a small inpersonal way. you arent helpless

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
but still lol @ the line "little out of my depth"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
well i understand JR's angle b/c if women weren't allowed to drive he'd be in a lil better place right now

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
at least someone can mod their wrestling forum well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

nuclear heat one way or another

• Locked thread