Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WWE never, ever deserves the benefit of the doubt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's not bury the lede here (also if you were wondering why the random sumo guy was in the Rumble)

Meltzer posted:

The people who brought WWE in were clearly not up to speed on wrestling. They asked for certain names to be brought in, like Undertaker, Yokozuna and Ultimate Warrior. There was a request to bring in the announcers with the crown and the black hat, which explains the original announcement that Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler would be calling the show.

A bunch of spoiled oil princes with more money than God thought that Warrior and Yokozuna were still alive

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

STAC Goat posted:

But like... for the most part we all generally agree with that, no? That wasn't really the point of debate or thing I felt was worth discussing. My thing was the whole "condemn it but then handwave it away to a compartmentalized place so it doesn't affect our enjoyment" thing. But by opening a separate thread for it so it doesn't bother people in the WWE Discussion thread who don't want to think about it... didn't we just decide that issue?

I think a lot of people weren't expecting much other than a glorified house show, with maybe some throwaway PR about expanding into a new market. So when the show comes around and WWE is airing bald-faced propaganda, you can see why they were shocked and appalled by it (they maybe shouldn't have been this naive but I'm willing to be generous).

• Locked thread