Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jerusalem posted:

It's terrible, the KSA is awful, WWE sucks for doing this deal and the fact that even after the event they're continuing to produce propaganda pieces for them is really quite disgusting. Especially given that even without this deal WWE apparently is already the most profitable it has ever actually been.

That's what really baffles me tbh. I could get Vince being carny enough where if the company was lagging a bit or something he'd go 'yea gently caress it I'll take KSA money' but like...is Vince just really a massive stan for a genuinely fuckin evil regime of dipshit cartoon rich people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
don't answer that I know he is

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea but these guys didn't even give his wife a job

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Taking money to do a glorified house show is one thing but they are actively shilling for the KSA calling them "progressive". It's absolutely disgusting. Look at that one guy in the discussion thread who came to WWE's defense by basically saying colonialism and exploitation is good

yea if they wanted to just get paid a lot to give the Saudis a televised house show that's fine, do you Vince, kinda lame but you've done way worse.

The problem is they actively shilled for them not just in generic 'and boy what a lovely country' ways but just straight up lies by trying to make a brutally oppressive, colonial, theocracy sound like fuckin Wakanda in real life.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ChrisBTY posted:

The company that does Tribute for the Troops every year is now shilling for a terrorist funding state.
"It's a Company's job to make money." Is the opening bar of the "The Song that Ends the Earth"

also this is hilarious as well yea. The company so deeply up Are Troops' assholes did straight propaganda for the dudes who did 9/11, and are currently doing the Spider-Man meme where they say 'oh man it's so terrible that Turkey and Qatar are totally responsible for ISIS and not us at all, right America?'. That genuinely is the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I must be out of the loop but where does the Saudi Royal family being responsible for 9/11 all of sudden come from

it's a very glib and oversimplistic thing to say obviously but yea there's a straight up lawsuit going on where 9/11 families are using government reports that say 'yea KSA funded and trained the dudes who did it' to try to sue the entire state and while obviously that's never going to mean anything it's just funny that it's happening as our large damp president is constantly sucking them off for fighting terrorists by spending billions on our weapons.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Writer Cath posted:

But I heard from a really credible source that Iran #1!

im calling the police

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea they think they're like Wakanda but improved because they don't let any actual Africans do anything because boy do they hate literally the entire landmass of Africa more than anything

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Benne posted:

Let's not bury the lede here (also if you were wondering why the random sumo guy was in the Rumble)

A bunch of spoiled oil princes with more money than God thought that Warrior and Yokozuna were still alive

We give the brits a lot of poo poo for having a queen they have to pretend to respect, and that is loving stupid don't get me wrong, but the idea of some Saudi prince angrily demanding Vince bring him the fat sumo man and the one with the painted face while the man in the crown hoots and hollers over it is some straight up cartoon bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MotU posted:

was actually banned because ska brings shame to the letters K S and A

well let it never be said I can't admit when they get something right

• Locked thread