Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God, I just realized that they probably think they ARE just like Wakanda :stare:

That PR video during the GRR was all about how KSA is really Wakanda.

This has pretty much killed any doubt I've given WWE. Like, I don't know if you can balance these things out but I don't think their token charity efforts balance out accepting ridiculous sums of money to be the mouth piece of a destabalizing and repressive regime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Here's my biggest problem, WWE wants to both be this company: http://www.wwe.com/article/stephanie-mcmahon-sheis-pledge

And make lots and lots of money from KSA for propaganda.

The two don't jive for me and is a large part of what got me to cancel the sub and really stop being interested in them. I'd honestly probably be less mad if WWE was honest about their blatant greed and disregard for people. Trying to have their cake and eat it too is what has driven me away.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jim Ross really needs to hang it up. Dude was great but time has caught up to him in multiple ways.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Love to promote my progressive and free society by arresting political prisoners.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I assume it is inertia and the routine of WWE. It's less about watching wrestling and more about doing that thing you've always done which is watch WWE on Monday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Not really? It's a tough question to answer because it's not as simple as him saying everyone has food while people are starving in the streets. It's more that the things they're pushing as reforms are still a mess. They're saying that things are better for women but the biggest change is that they're able to drive with a male chaperone. They say they're fighting corruption in the government but that mostly means they've arrested some corrupt politicians while the government is still an autocratic monarchy comprised of one large family. They're no longer arresting progressive voices for political crimes, now they're arresting conservatives. They're bringing in western sporting events and the world cup but those arenas are being built with slave labor.

There are no real sweeping reforms, just small things to fix their image without actually changing the country. It's a monarchy run by one family where the majority of KSA nationals work in the public sector because the private sector is often slave conditions. Getting a bunch of sporting events and letting women drive is not going to fix their problems.

• Locked thread