Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Guess I'll just repost the news here

Chris James 2 posted:

Daily Beast reporting on the anti-Iran segment at the Saudi Arabia show
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/992159175487754241

WWE's thoughts on Corey Graves' comments on social media during the Saudi no women wrestlers allowed on the premises stuff:

Observer Radio posted:

It was noted to us that his feelings were understandable but that his statements should have only been made privately. There were also people noting that he’s more replaceable than he thinks he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dsriggs posted:

So was Sami Zayn barred from appearing at the GRR because he has Syrian heritage? Or did he volunteer not to go? I’ve been hearing competing things.

He was banned. Satin retracted his thing about him volunteering and reiterated what everyone else was saying, which is he was flatout not allowed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He earned the right to be the first fat guy they happened to see after Vince told the prince that Yokozuna was in fact dead and thus couldn't be on the show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Perfect timing on WWE's part, as usual

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/994275222751776768

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lita posted:

I understand that they are a business, a global business and they are always looking to expand their global presence. However, I do feel this was a direct conflict of interest with them maintaining any integrity or truth to the fact that they say they would like to push forward women, their roles and their reputations in this business as anything resembling equal to a male. Make the money, that’s fine, but don’t try to cover it up. Don’t say, “No, we are doing this because in the future we would like to help progress their culture forward!” No, you want the money, you’re a business and businesses make money. That’s okay. From my perspective over here, I don’t own your business so that’s your call. From a PR perspective don’t say you are doing it because, “We want to help progress that culture forward.” Uh no, it’s a direct conflict of interest, in my opinion.

• Locked thread