Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

i watched the rumble out of morbid curiosity, has wwe been airing more propaganda since?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i mean i find 90% of wwe content to be legitimately unwatchable, so it's easier for me to say, but yeah it is gross to continue to give wwe money

cams
Mar 28, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, a big part of why I'm not really comfortable with the "boycott" thing is because I wasn't really watching WWE or giving them money before so for me to act like I'm "boycotting" them because I cut back the little I do watch feels kind of bullshit.
mhmm. i had never eaten chic fil a before they started openly hating gay people, so it was easy for me to continue never eating there. i have tried it since but luckily i found it to be mediocre.

there is an argument to be made that the deal could legitimately be a force for spreading liberal values in saudi arabia, as exposure lets people there see the world outside their own and start to question it. however this argument gets hamstrung by wwe not allowing sami to make the trip, or any of the women, and getting reprimanded for showing brief footage of women wrestling at all in a video package. how much you buy this argument depends a lot on just how repressive you believe the regime to be, and i myself don't put much stock in it. but if you want a way to rationalize your continued consumption of wwe programming, that's a decent route.

that said, i think any reasonable person can see that the only true solution is to allow any and all discussions of pirating the wwe product so as to allow those who still have an emotional connection a way to enjoy the product without supporting a puppet of a brutal regime. i'm sure j-ru will sign off on this.

• Locked thread