Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I have been informed that my program needs to spend a few thousand dollars in office supplies and what not by sort of the end of the day.

Please give me ideas on what you would like to have in your work space if you had money to spend like I do. Dollar dollar bills you all.

One caveat - I am unable to spend money on weed or weed paraphernalia. My apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade

Buy heaps of sticky tack

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

like to sit in?

wearing a lampshade

I mean the sky's the limit, you can do anything with that stuff. You could build chairs out of it, perfect for removing dog hair stuck to your back

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

wait now i have to lay on some dogs? this is not why i went to graduate school!

Robot Made of Meat

Do you have a nice video projector? Video projectors are both nice to have and somewhat expensive.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i do not but also cannot think of anything i would do with it

Manifisto

do you have a stapler? if you're not familiar, it's really useful for attaching pieces of paper together, a little like a paper clip but more permanent. the downside is you also have to by staples, and they get used up - that's how they get you.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

there are three staplers in this office they are bleeding me dry!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
-a huge, comfy reclining executive office chair

-a 50” UHD 4K monitor

—a stand up work desk that can also be lowered for sitting

-a couch, in case you want to take a nap

-a mini fridge to hold office-appropriate drinks

-a new PC if it’s more than 3 years old to maximize productivity

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Manifisto

Bo-Pepper posted:

there are three staplers in this office they are bleeding me dry!

ooh look at mister fancy pants here

guess you should spend your money on some kind of scrooge mcduckian vault for bathing in your obscene wealth

ty nesamdoom!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

my hole punch? heavy duty

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
A bonus for your employees

alnilam

Bo-Pepper posted:

i do not but also cannot think of anything i would do with it

watch movies during downtime duh

while sipping whiskey from your locked document safe that only you have the key to that you also bought with supplies money

alnilam

is whiskey an office supply

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

is whiskey an office supply

bob in accounting: this is the fifth time this month that bp has ordered a new key for his office. how does he keep losing them, and why do they have to be imported from the isle of skye?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Ride The Gravitron posted:

A bonus for your employees

if i was allowed to direct this money in this way i absolutely would and is in fact something that gets me pretty angry!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

they're getting some nice chairs though so that's something but not really!

Robot Made of Meat

If I had a budget for a desk chair, this is the one I'd get: https://centuryhouseinc.com/product/stressless-consul-office-chair/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIteHxhbjs2gIVghlpCh2ThAeDEAQYBCABEgIFfPD_BwE

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
1,000 pre orders of my game to be released 2019! Recreation improves employee health and productivity.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Hire a bunch of strippers (man and women) to dance around the office and boost morale

Manifisto

okay realpost. I've never understood why so many employers chintz out on coffee. it's a morale booster, it energizes during lull periods of the day, and it helps people power through crunch times. I once worked in a place where the ceo sprung for ridiculously expensive italian espresso machines on every floor where developers worked, that's maybe a bit over the top but people really responded to it.

I also worked in a place where management sprung for what seemed like pretty expensive automated systems that made coffee in individual pouches. the problem was, the coffee itself in those pouches sucked. so it was barely better than the generic office crap that sits for hours on the hot plate and tastes mostly like burning tires.

so my suggestion is if you've got money to burn and want to sort of reward/energize employees, think about upgrading your coffee game. with a focus specifically on the coffee itself, something that isn't poo poo. maybe some thermal carafes to keep it warm rather than sitting on a hot plate.

ty nesamdoom!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i already have a burr coffee grinder, electric kettle, and french press on the acquisition list along with a few pounds of beans so i agree with you

good call on the carafe though so i added it!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Doodle zone! Put a bunch of drawing supplies and fun paper in a corner.

Seriously though, what's your pen game? If you're spending less than $20/unit you're messing up.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

uniball jetstreams baby

Manifisto

do you have handheld label makers and plenty of blank tape? they bring out organizational tendencies in some people and usually that's a good thing.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

do you have handheld label makers and plenty of blank tape? they bring out organizational tendencies in some people and usually that's a good thing.

"why are all the files labeled BUTTS LOL and all-caps red comic sans text about bad posts?"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

office supply list:

-scented markers that smell like markers that were waved at fruit
-colored construction paper
-washi tape with pictures of cats on it
-stickers from redbubble that increase productivity and friendship
-snocone machine
-ice
-flavored syrup
-compostable bowls and spoons
-party hats
-seven corgis
-a pony
-a three layer birthday cake from milk bar for each employee (do not skimp)
-kleenex for tears of joy
-no clowns

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Laminater

alnilam

laminate yourself like the episode of dexters lab

Manifisto

this, but only so people can say "laminated" in a Schwarzenegger voice after each item is done

Koishi Komeiji

Just spend all the money on wee- oh wait you said you can't buy weed with it. OK, spend all the money on weed para- oh crap. Uuuuuhhhhhhh ............. this is hard.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Just spend all the money on wee- oh wait you said you can't buy weed with it. OK, spend all the money on weed para- oh crap. Uuuuuhhhhhhh ............. this is hard.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

What about blacklight posters?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Smoke machine, strobe light and glow sticks

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Microdosing with lsd has been proven to increase office productivity. That could be an office supply

alnilam

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Microdosing with lsd has been proven to increase office productivity. That could be an office supply

it does tend to come on paper...

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

it does tend to come on paper...

We're going to need more glowsticks

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Bo-Pepper posted:

i already have a burr coffee grinder, electric kettle, and french press on the acquisition list along with a few pounds of beans so i agree with you

good call on the carafe though so i added it!

Office Depot sells "breakroom" supplies (read: candy and soft drinks), so go crazy:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/breakroom/N=5+530419/

Also, how are y'all for printer paper? All good on goldenrod and pastel sheets?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

VR headset?

• Locked thread