Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll start doing those to introduce people to cool manga.

Kazuo Koike is one of the most respected names in Japan and the manga history. While not an artist and just a writer, his 50-year career has brought some of the most beloved and groundbreaking manga in history, not to mention his mentorship of several figures that would become legends on their own right such as Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma 1/2), Tetsuo Hara (Fist of the North Star), Hideyuki Kikuchi (Vampire Hunter D) and Keisuke Itagaki (Baki the Grappler).

Lone Wolf and Cub

A classic of classics, one of the earliest and most influential manga in history, which has spawned several adaptations (over six movies) and manga spinoffs (Shogun Executioner), inspired several works around the world (including western comic artists such as Stan Sakai and Frank Miller) and has been released in several countries around the world. This is the story of the shogun's sword tester/executioner Ogami Itto and his son Daigoro, who after being falsely accused of treason by a treacherous clan of ninja, start the DEMON ROAD TO HELL in a story of bloody revenge and murder.

Mad Bull 34

A japanese-american policeman goes to the most dangerous and violent place on the earth, 1980s new york, and becomes the partner of america's toughest cop, John "Sleepy" Estes, a giant badass who loves to gently caress and drink and kill the poo poo out of criminals. I loving love this series so much because of how ludicrous it gets with stuff like Sleepy holding a bunch of grenades attached to his pubes.

Crying Freeman

A japanese potter is abducted by the chinese mafia, brainwashed and tattooed with a dragon tat into becoming an incredibly awesome sexy nudist assassin that cries whenever he murks someone, gaining his moniker.

Lady Snowblood

The story of an assassin who born behind bars, is the instrument of her mothers' desire of revenge against the men who raped her and killed her family. I honestly haven't read it yet and doing so is part of the intent that I made this thread for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

The Lady Snowblood movie is an all time classic of martial arts films and RZA sampled the English dub of Lone Wolf and Cub heavily for GZA's Liquid Swords

Highest praise anyone could get

Choose the ball and join your mother in heaven. Choose the sword...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll make it Friday

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Make the new thread for Tetsuya Saruwatari. Or Motomiya Hiroshi is a good choice right now really. A bunch of series by him are being translated right now so why not. Get more people to read Otoko Ippiki gaki daisho.

Sanctuary is actually by Bursonsen. Both him and Koike have a bunch of manga with art by Ikegami and both like to write stories where the main characters are strong handsome men that all the women in the series want to gently caress so at first glance it's kind of easy to think something written by one was written by the other

It's gonna be Saruwatari for sure because he loving owns!!!

• Locked thread