Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gas discussion; probate retards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hey, gently caress off with the r-word

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I'm oncall during GDPR day and hoo boy that'll probably be special

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

gas discussion; probate dogtits Pikatits

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 9, 2018

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ShadowHawk posted:

I'm oncall during GDPR day and hoo boy that'll probably be special

how do I unsubscribe from google tracking?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

The Management posted:

Reply-all with "unsubscribe me"

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
ePrivacy will be even better! :commissar:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

The Management posted:

it's opt-in, not opt-out

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Stymie posted:

hey, gently caress off with the r-word

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had to do gpdr training today, it's hilarious how large the potential penalties are, I think up to 4% of your company's annual revenue per incident? of course that's the only reason anyone's taking it seriously since in the us it's like "you stole a trillion dollars but we'll settle for a billion and you don't have to admit any wrongdoing and write a press release where you promise it won't happen again"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
really makes you think

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

pram posted:

really makes you think

About killing yourself? Yeah

pram
Jun 10, 2001
please seek help before doing anything drastic

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
click here to grant permission so i can keep sending you my posts

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
how can a EU law apply outside the EU? cant US companies just tell the EU to gently caress off if they get fined?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

all companies should indeed tell the EU to gently caress off

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

obstipator posted:

how can a EU law apply outside the EU? cant US companies just tell the EU to gently caress off if they get fined?

if they don't do business in the EU then sure.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah the real cowboy answer is that if you're just Billy Bob's Online Gun Shop and don't do a bunch of business in the EU, the huge stack of lawsuits won't ever touch you, but if you make any significant income from EU citizens, you're on the hook

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah people are freaking out because if you have any users [not even customers] in the eu you have exposure and whoops a ton of internet companies are built on a rickety pile of elmers glue and popsicle sticks but the sticks are fractional revenue deals with hundreds of data brokers

of course you can immediately shield yourself by not trying to find out any personal info about them but that's just too simple

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qirex posted:

I had to do gpdr training today, it's hilarious how large the potential penalties are, I think up to 4% of your company's annual revenue per incident? of course that's the only reason anyone's taking it seriously since in the us it's like "you stole a trillion dollars but we'll settle for a billion and you don't have to admit any wrongdoing and write a press release where you promise it won't happen again"

yeah i had to do training last week and saw that too, and even if you're a subsidiary it's based on the parent company's revenue. at my company thats like $9 billion per incident lol.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

also its funny that gdpr has been known for like 2 years and the company is like "quick, do this training because it takes effect in 2 weeks!"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

fart simpson posted:

also its funny that gdpr has been known for like 2 years and the company is like "quick, do this training because it takes effect in 2 weeks!"

Just go into apache and uncomment GDPR_COPMLIANCE = 1 how long could it take?

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
doesnt it apply even if u dont make any money? my understanding is if you have any user account functionality at all, u have to write code to delete the user entirely from the system otherwise you owe the EU 20 million euros each time someone complains

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

obstipator posted:

doesnt it apply even if u dont make any money? my understanding is if you have any user account functionality at all, u have to write code to delete the user entirely from the system otherwise you owe the EU 20 million euros each time someone complains

yah its 4% of revenue or 20 million euros, whichever is higher

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

can we take down reddit this way?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

qirex posted:

yeah people are freaking out because if you have any users [not even customers] in the eu you have exposure and whoops a ton of internet companies are built on a rickety pile of elmers glue and popsicle sticks but the sticks are fractional revenue deals with hundreds of data brokers

of course you can immediately shield yourself by not trying to find out any personal info about them but that's just too simple
Hacker News said that IP addresses may count as personal user data so hope you're good at purging all your web logs!

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
U can go up to the police in EU and say "I want you to delete all your data about me" and they have to do it, and all your convictions disappear and u get out of jail. I suspect the cat mod will use this technique to get out of his beastiality charges.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

ShadowHawk posted:

Hacker News said that IP addresses may count as personal user data so hope you're good at purging all your web logs!

my gdpr training said this too

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i wonder if theyd accept hashes of IPs

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

where is ip stored

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

where is ip stored

how tabble get queryed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

your browser is broadcasting an ip!!!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Endless Mike posted:

:ohdear:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Endless Mike posted:

> < server: snooserv
< content-length: 196392

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Just FYI, you don't need to send a goddamn server: header any more. Please stop. You're just wasting bandwidth and tipping your hand to ddos dweebs. And nobody cares about your cutesy rear end value for it.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
top 10 nginx tips (#4 will shock you)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fart simpson posted:

yah its 4% of revenue or 20 million euros, whichever is higher

is there a point at which they'd eventually throw someone in jail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
GDPR should apply to humans as well as computers. if i tell someone a secret, i should be able to wipe it from they brain whenever i want

• Locked thread