Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’d been thinking about selling my Xbox One for several months now but they just announced Saints Row 2 is going to be 4K backwards compatible soon. The patient gamer wins again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Gamer Weekend

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Tell me when it can play OutRun 2

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

elf help book posted:

Tell me when it can play OutRun 2

Orta just happened so Outrun 2 May be in the mix soon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
360 claimed to have outrun 2 support but it ran at like 8 fps

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Ninja Gaiden Black is win but awakened Alma and the fire dragon can kiss my rear end

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Fargield posted:

Ninja Gaiden Black is win but awakened Alma and the fire dragon can kiss my rear end

It still is the best action game of all time, 16 years after it’s release. IMO

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Mixer seems to be a way better streaming platform than Twitch tbh. You can give control to someone watching of your game, and it has more robust features. I’m honestly in love with Microsoft now

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ween posted:

Mixer seems to be a way better streaming platform than Twitch tbh. You can give control to someone watching of your game, and it has more robust features. I’m honestly in love with Microsoft now

Lmfao okay you really need to chill out

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

It’s really loving good. I seriously don’t understand why you would be siding with the Xbox Wrong RAM Fags when I’m telling you just for upgraded BC alone it’s amazing. If you have a 4K tv the Xbox one X is an insane console. Gamepass for 2 months for 10 bucks is incredible too. I love it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

*backs away slowly*

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Oh and gamepass isn’t psn now streaming poo poo. You download the games to the console. Here’s the entire list and they add more every month. It’s something like 200 games atm

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-30-xbox-game-pass-games-list-price

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

*backs away slowly*

You might fit in here bro:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

*backs away slowly*

*Turns 360 degrees to keep looking at the Xbox One X, the world’s most powerful console*

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I know you love the xbox now but loving byob is too much dude. You need to get the help you need

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

He right you know

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Turns 360 degrees to keep looking at the Xbox One X, the world’s most powerful console*

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

I know you love the xbox now but loving byob is too much dude. You need to get the help you need

Well, alright

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh my god Mercenaries 1 is playable?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Back compat is incredible and every console should play all your old games, instead of it needing to be something a last place manufacturer on the edge of leaving the marketplace patches into their system after years of failur.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tbh I’ve thought many times about getting an Xbox One S to play OG Xbox and 360 games. An X is a little too dead for me though

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Tbh I’ve thought many times about getting an Xbox One S to play OG Xbox and 360 games. An X is a little too dead for me though

Only worth it if you have a 4K tv imo

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training posted:

Back compat is incredible and every console should play all your old games, instead of it needing to be something a last place manufacturer on the edge of leaving the marketplace patches into their system after years of failur.

Odds of PlayStation 5 being BC with 4,3,2,1 games are approaching 0% including digital purchases

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ween posted:

Only worth it if you have a 4K tv imo

I do

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think the S still outputs 4K which is cool

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think the S still outputs 4K which is cool

Games like red dead and other BC games are enhanced specifically for the X with stuff like no load times, etc. it’s really loving good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ween posted:

Odds of PlayStation 5 being BC with 4,3,2,1 games are approaching 0% including digital purchases

I mean its not approaaching, the ps4 already did that.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Backwards compatibility got phased out of the PS3 throughout its production FFS.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training posted:

I mean its not approaaching, the ps4 already did that.

It’s bullshit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tbf the switch also doesnt have any back compat stuff at all, but its weird with nintendo stuff since their hardware is all so goofy that its tricky to port functionality like that. But the 3DS and Wii U can play an enormous amount of goodass old games, either through BC or the eshop. I hope switch gets a bigger eshop library soon and that all my wii u purchases carry over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ween posted:

It’s bullshit

Apparently as part of the PS2 on PS4 addition to their store, they patched in a fully functional PS2 emulator that accepts discs, PS4 hackers found it in the firmware. They just never activated it.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training posted:

tbf the switch also doesnt have any back compat stuff at all, but its weird with nintendo stuff since their hardware is all so goofy that its tricky to port functionality like that. But the 3DS and Wii U can play an enormous amount of goodass old games, either through BC or the eshop. I hope switch gets a bigger eshop library soon and that all my wii u purchases carry over.

Nothing is gonna carry over dude. Also gently caress Sony

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Backwards compatibility got phased out of the PS3 throughout its production FFS.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

This

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

i'll be honest with you OP, i don't know what RAM is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Apparently as part of the PS2 on PS4 addition to their store, they patched in a fully functional PS2 emulator that accepts discs, PS4 hackers found it in the firmware. They just never activated it.

What the gently caress.