Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
So I guess with Robot Wars canceled, Battlebots is the only combat R/C car robotics show left in the Western hemisphere.

Also liking the tournament format changes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
The new format kicks rear end. And crazy that the fourth best bout ended up being Tombstone vs Minotaur, that's the mark of an excellent episode.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MiddleOne posted:

Why is this show so entertaining.

Also what's with the renewed power balance. From what I remember of Robot Wars as a kid wedges and crushers just destroyed the opposition and now suddenly spinners of all kinds are the bees knees?
Outside of the active weapon tournament ruleset, a wedge is still the most successful heavyweight in the world. Essentially the same bot is competing in Battlebots this year but with a forklift.

The best heavyweight crusher right now is Spectre, a British bot exclusively competing in the Chinese King of Bots and This Is Fighting Robots shows.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
You're thinking of Razer, who most recently came back during the first season of the Robot Wars reboot but is now probably semi-retired. It's a different team, though, they're also the dudes behind Warhead. The team behind Spectre were the ones actually managing much of the Robot Wars reboot and even built the house robots for that iteration of the series.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/BattleBots/status/999726845791801344

lol at the one-shot projectile bot debuting in a multi-bot rumble

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I think it was meant to strike the more fragile mechanisms of an opposing bot’s primary weapon rather than any of the armor. Also, I imagine it could only be so strong and shaped that way for safety reasons.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Pakled posted:

lol at the stupid burger bot
At least the team that made it had fun by being amusingly self-depreciating.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Great Beer posted:

Too bad nightmare isn't around this season. It might have won a fight since it's pretty much a hard counter to huge.
Nightmare should rip off Huge's design for next season.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Especially Overhaul. I mean, I know Brutus split off that team because of "differences of opinion" with Charles, but wasn't there a second breakaway team, too? He seems a bit insufferable.
Sawblaze, which has been extremely effective this season.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Too bad it's just a wedge bot that can lift it's wedge a little bit.
I am amused by the notion that wedgebots have to get KOs to win their fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

wormil posted:

I also FF through almost everything, besides the fights I like the [too few] pit videos. Kenny and Chris are cool and sometimes I watch their reactions just because they don't spend much time on it.
Did you see this? It's like a side series of shorts focusing on pit repairs for some of the bots this season.

• Locked thread